Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

How cool is it talking about Christmas trees in August?!! If you mention Christmas to 'normal' people now, they just groan!!
    That's why I love this forum! :D

I posted a picture of some Christmas lights on my facebook page last year on November 29th or 30th and all I got were people saying 'Ugh, it's waaaay to early for Christmas lights!' :rolleyes:

How is 3 weeks to Christmas week too early for Christmas?! Those are the kind of people who end up buying all their presents on Christmas Eve. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Oh God buying all your presents on Christmas eve is for kamikazes!
    Christmas Eve is for relaxing and soaking up the atmosphere not running around town, like a headless turkey!

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

Went into BT Christmas Shop yesterday - had to be dragged out. But managed to get the dotiest decoration of Santa & Reindeers :D
    There's a Dolls House.....a musical one....almost burst into tears...the sales lady sidled over and said "I'm guessing you never had one as a kid....."

There's also a full-sized musical telly for a grand....contemplated raiding the Credit Union for a second...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

Big Christmas fan here!!! Starting to get super excited now! Cant wait for the cold weather, my 3yo understands it now too. When she has a bubble bath she gives herself a beard says ho ho ho and asks what i want for christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

037zs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

It was quite cold today, so I decided to make blackberry muffins with blackberries I picked. Used cinnamon in them, it always reminds me of Christmas. So I snuggled up by the fire with one and a cup of tea. Felt, smelled and tasted like Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Eeeekkk!!!! Its started!!! Took this in the 1.50 shop in the Ilac today!!!! I looked a bit strange jumping up and down and taking photos but I don't care!!! :D:D

mail.jpg

The pic is too small for me to make out what is it, but hooray anyway! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    The pic is too small for me to make out what is it, but hooray anyway! :D

I think they're christmas cards but my eyesight isn't the best!! Haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Hey guys theres a great Christmas movie on itv2 plus one right now it's called Holiday , If you have sky and havent got itv2 heres a link to get it :) ..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E#Sport

We are now onto double digits in the countdown to Christmas, yay :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

irishbarb wrote: »
    We are now onto double digits in the countdown to Christmas, yay :)

Unreal isn't it, this year is going so fast!! Can't believe how fast!! Loving the cold weather at the moment as well, the idea of hot chocolates and getting all snuggled up for the cold winter nights ahead is very appealing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

:pac:
    lockie1983 wrote: »
    Unreal isn't it, this year is going so fast!! Can't believe how fast!! Loving the cold weather at the moment as well, the idea of hot chocolates and getting all snuggled up for the cold winter nights ahead is very appealing!! :D

I have a good feeling that's it's gonna be a harsh winter this year:D Bring it on:pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    :pac:

I have a good feeling that's it's gonna be a harsh winter this year:D Bring it on:pac:

I know it sounds bad (sorry motorists :P) but I'm wishing for the same!!

I love frost and snow and all that kind of weather, really hope we get a white one this season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

:eek::eek::eek: Incredible sound ! Not sure the French Hens were all that appropriate though ;)

Funny I was in the post office today, and the lady behind the counter was talking to the lady in front of me and saying ''it's only 96 days till Christmas, how depressing''. My brain must be wired different then most people, because that thought is the total opposite of depressing to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

75639_4558979815490_1191615954_n.jpg

Funny I was in the post office today, and the lady behind the counter was talking to the lady in front of me and saying ''it's only 96 days till Christmas, how depressing''. My brain must be wired different then most people, because that thought is the total opposite of depressing to me :P

Were they old, people signify Christmas with the passing of another year and the realization that another year has slipped them by. It can be a very daunting thought for some people. Other people don't like Christmas as it's a very expensive time of year.

I'm wired like you irishbarb I don't find that fact one bit depressing at all, bring on Christmas, I love the build up to it!! :D

Oh and Nerdkiller, I think you may have the wrong forum!

I think you might be in the wrong place NerdKiller ?

• Advertisement

IrishGurll wrote: »
    I think you might be in the wrong place NerdKiller ?
    Ahhh well, I just wanted to be a part of the conversation, but whatever you say...

aUc8H.gif

Ahhh well, I just wanted to be a part of the conversation, but whatever you say...

aUc8H.gif
    LOL I actually wet myself a little :L

And what great input you had into the conversation. :rolleyes:

This isn't a place for Christmas haters at all, I think you'll find After Hours is more YOUR kind of place!

Goodbye, god bless and a Merry Christmas to you! :pac:

lockie1983 wrote: »
    And what great input you had into the conversation. :rolleyes:

This isn't a place for Christmas hater at all, I think you'll find After Hours is more YOUR kind of place!

Goodbye, god bless and a Merry Christmas to you! :pac:
    Now come on, I love the Christmas season. Early nights, bright lights, prezzies galore, that picture was just for the laugh, but I guess I can never have a second first impression.

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over many Christmasses. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you start getting excited for Christmas right now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will force you to watch Christmas movies 24/7 until Christmas Day.

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over many Christmasses. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you start getting excited for Christmas right now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will force you to watch Christmas movies 24/7 until Christmas Day.

HAHAHA, Brilliant Barb absolutely BRILLIANT!! I read it in his voice and everything!

Ahhh, good. We'll start with The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street, Joyeux Noel, Home Alone and It's a Wonderful Life. If we've got time left over, we might riff on Santa Claus Conquers the Martins and Santa's Slay with Bill Goldberg. Now get back to Taken 2, already.

Brilliant!! :D

I also read it in Liam Neeson's voice. :pac:

Was in wilton Cork today and in pennys they had tonnes of Christmas decorations , And saw a couple in tesco aswell :D so excited for Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

anyone else think that the change in weather (a bit cooler) and the dark nights and dark mornings are making it feel a little christmassy :o

Had the fire on last night and was curled up on the couch all I needed was the tree, few Christmas lights and a few Christmas adverts on the box :P

Ps. 94 days :)

Advertisement