Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Walked into the mother watching 'One True Thing' and one of the final scenes is a choir singing Silent Night (My all time favourite Christmas song!) and their version was the exact same version that's sung in my local church around Christmas (One of my all time favourite Christmas moments!)

So, in honour of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love2love wrote: »
    There was something in the paper today about a Christmas tree up in Ranelagh on top of one of the spar shops I think. Lit up too! Apparently, its a marketing thing because the weather has been so poor lately.

They were shooting a Christmas ad!!:D

http://www.herald.ie/news/bit-early-isnt-it-first-christmas-tree-is-put-up-3165240.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

leahyl wrote: »

Well Feck it!!! I used to live across the road from that Spar! I used to direct proceedings from outside the pub next door at tree decoration time to make sure the lights were distributed evenly across the branches. My sittingroom window was right on the Ranelagh Road. I'm sure I looked like a right prat but I have standards to be upheld damn it ! ;););););););)

washiskin wrote: »
    Well Feck it!!! I used to live across the road from that Spar! I used to direct proceedings from outside the pub next door at tree decoration time to make sure the lights were distributed evenly across the branches. My sittingroom window was right on the Ranelagh Road. I'm sure I looked like a right prat but I have standards to be upheld damn it ! ;););););););)

Lol, well you need to move back there! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaaw, wish I'd seen that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Dunnes Stores have "Start saving for Christmas" posters up all over the shop this week. Plus, the Disney store on Grafton Street having a sale so I just had to start my Christmas shopping :):):) I don't normally start til the end of August. Oh and for anyone interested Smyths are also having a sale :p

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the Harrods 2012 Christmas Bear! :D

IC3PQl.jpg

and here is all the other 2012 stock! :D

http://www.harrods.com/gifts/christmas-souvenirs

liamo22 wrote: »

IC3PQl.jpg

and here is all the other 2012 stock! :D

http://www.harrods.com/gifts/christmas-souvenirs

OMG so cute! I have to have him!! My friend is moving to London in September so maybe I can visit her in December.....:o

liamo22 wrote: »
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

A friend of mine in England says she has seen (or heard on the radio I canni remember which) Christmas adverts already!!! And Christmas cards. Mega jelly or wha?!

• Advertisement

No! It's far too early for that! :rolleyes:

Naaaaah, it's never too early for Christmas of course!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Bookmarked a load of Christmas recipes I want to try out this year today :)

irishbarb wrote: »
    Bookmarked a load of Christmas recipes I want to try out this year today :)

Love it!! :-D it's getting clooooser!

Just 5 months to Christmas Eve!!! :D

105294.gif

Can't believe we're one month past the half way mark!! Can't wait till this forum starts picking up again! But it's actually not even that quiet at the moment!!:D

Can't believe we're one month past the half way mark!! Can't wait till this forum starts picking up again! But it's actually not even that quiet at the moment!!:D

It isn't is it. And I am quietly hopeful (all my Christmassy cohorts cross your fingers for me). That I might be going to Paris just before Christmas :D

hdowney wrote: »
    It isn't is it. And I am quietly hopeful (all my Christmassy cohorts cross your fingers for me). That I might be going to Paris just before Christmas :D

Oh my god that would be brilliant! I've never been Paris but I reckon it's beautiful around Christmas time!:)

Oh my god that would be brilliant! I've never been Paris but I reckon it's beautiful around Christmas time!:)

So do I. I was in New York after Thanksgiving a number of years ago and it was lovely :D

So do I. I was in New York after Thanksgiving a number of years ago and it was lovely :D

Would LOVE New York too about 3 weeks before Christmas!! It's fab I'd say:). The humongous tree in Rockefeller Centre - reminds me of Home Alone 2:D

Would LOVE New York too about 3 weeks before Christmas!! It's fab I'd say:). The humongous tree in Rockefeller Centre - reminds me of Home Alone 2:D

I was there for the tree lighting ceremony that year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

555789_10151762658646494_208970832_n.jpg

I 'liked' Harrods Facebook page and they posted this morning that their Christmas World is open!! :-O

So it is confirmed. I shall be going to Paris from the 7th to the 14th of December this year!!! So excited :D

So it is confirmed. I shall be going to Paris from the 7th to the 14th of December this year!!! So excited :D

Woohoo!! Have a great time! I'm sure you'll tell us all about it anyway! ;-)

Oh and we want pics!! :-D

Wow- I'd say it will be amazing!! I love Paris- you lucky thing!!
    And like Leahyl said- make sure you take a billion pictures!!! :D:D

Woohoo!! Have a great time! I'm sure you'll tell us all about it anyway! ;-)

Oh and we want pics!! :-D
    Posy wrote: »
    Wow- I'd say it will be amazing!! I love Paris- you lucky thing!!
    And like Leahyl said- make sure you take a billion pictures!!! :D:D

Lots of pics will be forthcoming. I am contemplating if I should go to Disney or not!!! I want to, and then it is expensive! My main concern is it seems that yearly they close Space Mountain around early December (sometimes for a couple days sometimes longer). I would be mega peeved if I went and Space Mountain was closed, cos when I went to Disney in Florida it was closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

I'm so jealous! :) I've never looked forward to Christmas so far away from the actual date until I came in here :D I swear every year not to leave everything till the last minute, what actually happens is another thing!

Zoria wrote: »
    I'm so jealous! :) I've never looked forward to Christmas so far away from the actual date until I came in here :D I swear every year not to leave everything till the last minute, what actually happens is another thing!

Obviously present buying will not be such a big part of Christmas this year (there is only me and the mammy and I am taking her to Paris!!). But the tree, now here is a question. Growin up the mammy always put the tree up on the 14th - which is the day I arrive back :O Or do I put it up before I go, which could be a bit of an enticement - live on a main road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

How did I not find this thread before :eek:

I'm going to Chicago for thanksgiving, so hoping for snow and trees and lights, like a christmas scene from the tele :o

I was singing "here comes santa claus" the other day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

Obviously present buying will not be such a big part of Christmas this year (there is only me and the mammy and I am taking her to Paris!!). But the tree, now here is a question. Growin up the mammy always put the tree up on the 14th - which is the day I arrive back :O Or do I put it up before I go, which could be a bit of an enticement - live on a main road?

What you do there is, gather all the decorations from the attic or wherever you keep them, and leave them in the living room for when you get back. When you come home buy a tree, it will be much fresher and there won't be needles every where! :)

Advertisement