Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

tanko wrote: »
    Yeah, 1130 in the ring, about 1115 take home i suppose.

1170 take home depending on how much commission is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

richie123 wrote: »
    1130 in the ring? plus the vat ..minus the fee.

No plus Vat in the ring. Vat in s part of the ring price. Vat is only paid as part of factory price and in reality factory gets the benefit of it

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

No plus Vat in the ring. Vat in s part of the ring price. Vat is only paid as part of factory price and in reality factory gets the benefit of it

That's a good one any cattle I ever bought vats added to ring price.

Never saw that at any mart I have bought at, vat element is shown as part of ring price so that a vat registered farmer can reclaim it. Mart fees are added to the cost but that is it.

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Where exactly have you seen this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭morphy87

Any quotes for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

morphy87 wrote: »

€3.65 for bullocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Cavanjack wrote: »
    €3.65 for bullocks

I dont know. Hard to buy cattle to match that price. Someones or a lot of peoples crystal balls are banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

I dont know. Hard to buy cattle to match that price. Someones or a lot of peoples crystal balls are banjaxed.

I suppose it’s 3.85 for under 30 months and a kill out of 55% for an r= grade leaves a live weight price of €2.11.
    So is a 500kg r grade store worth €1055? Very hard to know how to value stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭morphy87

Cavanjack wrote: »
    €3.65 for bullocks

The best that can be got down here is 3 60 south east

• Advertisement

Looking at prices at present a 400kg Fr store is 150 ahead of last year. beef prices are 15c/kg ahead of last year but dropping at present. 15c on a 335 DW animal is 50 euro. Hard to understand the economics of it. However 2019 cattle numbers are lower than 2018.

However its not the store price that is wrong it is the finished beef price. If store prices drop too much store producers tend to finish there cattle and not replace. 2020 bucket fed weanlings are priced crazy compared to anything else

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hill Bill

morphy87 wrote: »

€3.60 is the best I can get for a load of bullocks in the east. Not being cut for overweight though which is of more value to me than the extra 5 cent.

Still nowhere near good enough when you compare it to beef prices up North & in Britain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Looking at prices at present a 400kg Fr store is 150 ahead of last year. beef prices are 15c/kg ahead of last year but dropping at present. 15c on a 335 DW animal is 50 euro. Hard to understand the economics of it. However 2019 cattle numbers are lower than 2018.

However its the store price that is wrong it is the finished beef price. If store prices drop too much store producers tend to finish there cattle and not replace. 2020 bucket fed weanlings are priced crazy compared to anything else

415kg fr yesterday in macroom made €730. Now they weight bad but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kk.man

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    415kg fr yesterday in macroom made €730. Now they weight bad but still.

Saw a 400kg fr in Kk mart make 650 but they weighed well. That's about the run of them madness really. Wintering costs and time and animal still not near finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

kk.man wrote: »
    Saw a 400kg fr in Kk mart make 650 but they weighed well. That's about the run of them madness really. Wintering costs and time and animal still not near finished.

And the funny thing this week down here you'd struggle to get €800 for 500kg fr

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    And the funny thing this week down here you'd struggle to get €800 for 500kg fr
    I know probably a better buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Ah hardly madness if they good Kilkenny type friesian?

Jjameson wrote: »

At 3.60 it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

Don’t sound to bad
    Was I Kik Thursday seen nice Fr 455kgs making €800

• Advertisement

At 3.60 it is...

Take a guy hanging up similar cattle that are 12 months on,say 650 700 kg €1150 to €1200 wouldn’t a guy on a low cost grass finish system be happy enough with the changeover?

Take a guy hanging up similar cattle that are 12 months on,say 650 700 kg €1150 to €1200 wouldn’t a guy on a low cost grass finish system be happy enough with the changeover?

no

Slava Ukrainii

Don’t sound to bad
    Was I Kik Thursday seen nice Fr 455kgs making €800

Yes be a nice touch for little cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Twud look better fried

no

Ah never mind hungry hoors!! but a lot of beef finishers content with a lot less.

ruwithme wrote: »
    Twud look better fried

Water buffalo I suspect. It may not!

Duke92 wrote: »
    Yes be a nice touch for little cost

Do it if you like but 350-400 gross margin after a winter and having them 8-10 months is a mugs game. You barely be covering costs

Slava Ukrainii

Ah never mind hungry hoors!! but a lot of beef finishers content with a lot less.

as I say mugs

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Do it if you like but 350-400 gross margin after a winter and having them 8-10 months is a mugs game. You barley be covering costs

Buying against farmers to sell to a cartel is a mugs game. But that ain’t changing, there’s a lot worse you could buy from what I’ve seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement