Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options
1329330331332333335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

€3.65 for steers around this country next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭jfh

Usually sell stores but I sold a bullock for €1610, he was 760kg, I'm quality assured & he was under 30 months, can't help but think I'd have been better off going to the factory. Anyone do the maths for me please

• Registered Users Posts: 18,176 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

jfh wrote: »
    Usually sell stores but I sold a bullock for €1610, he was 760kg, I'm quality assured & he was under 30 months, can't help but think I'd have been better off going to the factory. Anyone do the maths for me please

Not by a whole pile unless he was sitting in te mart 10-12 hours or was a u grade bullock. As an R+ he should kill from 410-420 kgs as an R+ his price would be 3.86/kg as you have no bargining power. At 420 he gross about 1620 euro. At present looking at some mart prices they are at or virtually at factory price. I seldom see a 100 euro margin on them at preset. Most now are bought by online bidders from the processors.

Slava Ukrainii

Not by a whole pile unless he was sitting in te mart 10-12 hours or was a u grade bullock. As an R+ he should kill from 410-420 kgs as an R+ his price would be 3.86/kg as you have no bargining power. At 420 he gross about 1620 euro. At present looking at some mart prices they are at or virtually at factory price. I seldom see a 100 euro margin on them at preset. Most now are bought by online bidders from the processors.
    Well I got 1560, but as he was 2nd prize winner he got another 50, he was in the Mart around 6 hrs before he sold so he'd lose roughly 15 - 20 kgs? Thanks Bass, feel a bit better now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

760kg live weight, under 30 months & 2nd prize winner. Sounds like he was a u grade.
    Can often be hard to be happy with the mart too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

ruwithme wrote: »
    760kg live weight, under 30 months & 2nd prize winner. Sounds like he was a u grade.
    Can often be hard to be happy with the mart too.

A u+ bullock if fat would kill out at 58% fresh weight. Could have left him at 450kg dead. Would leave him at €4.09 A kg. So €1840.
    All depends on weather he was fat and graded a u+ which I’d imagine he would if a prize winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

Cavanjack wrote: »
    A u+ bullock if fat would kill out at 58% fresh weight. Could have left him at 450kg dead. Would leave him at €4.09 A kg. So €1840.
    All depends on weather he was fat and graded a u+ which I’d imagine he would if a prize winner.
    You beat me to it, I was just about to post the same thing, the only difference I would have had is in the right factory a U grade bullock that size will kill 60%+. €1,850 is the minimum i’d be expecting for him if he’s a U grade.

Well lesson learned, always sell her progeny as stores, just ran a report on ibcf, she's breed 4u & 2 r. She's a 1star char cow out of cf52

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭mickey1985

What are base prices for cattle this week quoted 3.65 for heifers but see they were 3.85 last week is that correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,176 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

mickey1985 wrote: »
    What are base prices for cattle this week quoted 3.65 for heifers but see they were 3.85 last week is that correct

3.65 base means that a heifer grading R makes 3.85. Base at present is 3.65 maybe 3.7 next week. Numbers dropping and it not all down to the dry weather

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: And we'll call it a day on this thread in case the ISPCA start giving out to us about the hamsters and their working conditions.

New thread starting here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement