Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

richie123 wrote: »
    True. In the last 30 year was there even 3 half arsed years where money was made ??

There probably however because if mechanism and sheds it has become possible to feed large numbers with little labour. But profit is determined by what you pay for a store not by efficiency. Feed efficiency might make a 20 euro difference between a technically good finisher and an average one but the average might be 50/head better at the ring

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Dunedin

But profit is determined by what you pay for a store not by efficiency. Feed efficiency might make a 20 euro difference between a technically good finisher and an average one but the average might be 50/head better at the ring

So where does the suckler farmer fit in. Haven’t bought a store in 10 years.........

Profit for me is sale price versus costs and unfortunately they’re both going in the wrong direction.

Dunedin wrote: »
    So where does the suckler farmer fit in. Haven’t bought a store in 10 years.........

Profit for me is sale price versus costs and unfortunately they’re both going in the wrong direction.

When I talk about feed efficiency I referring to getting the diet right to put on weight and fat score. The agriland article is about ''feeding cattle efficiently this winter'' however where is the profit in efficiently. Friesian cattle will not put on enough weight to cover feeding costs, HE and AA are just about break even, continental cattle might make 50-70c/day over direct feeding costs but you have to still deduct other ancillary costs, transport, mart fees, vetinenary costs, mortality etc

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭morphy87

Steers 3 65, south east but was told if definitely giving the cattle 3 70 will be got, reckons they will hold at that for a while not over plentiful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭older by the day

Hi I've an Angus bull, running with heifers, say 700kgs. What's the best way to sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Rumours around that Kildare Chilling will stay closed rather than comply with Guidelines....... might b a long winter yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Sami23

wrangler wrote: »
    Rumours around that Kildare Chilling will stay closed rather than comply with Guidelines....... might b a long winter yet

If that's the case they some shower of c@#*s

Is Kildare chilling still an independent or is it under the control of Dawn. If it not incorporated into the big three it may be just wholesaling to them

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Is Kildare chilling still an independent or is it under the control of Dawn. If it not incorporated into the big three it may be just wholesaling to them

Still independent I think

Still independent I think

It probably just wholesaling a lot of the beef with limited contracts that's the way the game has gone

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tileman

Still independent. Does about 40% of the lamb market. Wouldn’t like to see them go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Any quotes for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

That’s rubbish costing them a fortune being closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭50HX

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Any quotes for next week?

Rang an abp plant for cull cows....was told full for next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Duke92 wrote: »
    That’s rubbish costing them a fortune being closed

Kildare are back processing lambs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

50HX wrote: »
    Rang an abp plant for cull cows....was told full for next 2 weeks

Ya was pushed back till next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

There’s a lot of cattle got this week tat we’re only borderline last week. Ground is getting mauly

Jjameson wrote: »
    There’s a lot of cattle got this week tat we’re only borderline last week. Ground is getting mauly

Killed about 20 cattle over last four weeks have nothing for another 2-3 and even then they are the dirt if cattle that I can hold as they are still light emough or have a lot of frame left on them.

Slava Ukrainii

Killed about 20 cattle over last four weeks have nothing for another 2-3 and even then they are the dirt if cattle that I can hold as they are still light emough or have a lot of frame left on them.

Have you replaced them yet?

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Have you replaced them yet?

No

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭dryan

3.60 base on offer for Steers here in the midlands - anyone anything better to report?

dryan wrote: »
    3.60 base on offer for Steers here in the midlands - anyone anything better to report?

3.65 around this part of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭tanko

How much would an R= 4- Sim x Lim 28 month old 525 kg liveweight heifer be worth in a factory this week assuming QA bonus applies?

tanko wrote: »
    How much would an R= 4- Sim x Lim 28 month old 525 kg liveweight heifer be worth in a factory this week assuming QA bonus applies?

1050-1080

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

525kg x .55 KO= 288.75 x €3.90 = €1126 .
    Kill out is the variable. That would be the most she’d make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

jntsnk wrote: »
    525kg x .55 KO= 288.75 x €3.90 = €1126 .
    Kill out is the variable. That would be the most she’d make.

R- 535kg heifer Ko from my herd is closer to 50%
    And I would be only getting 385 for her this week
    So I say 270kg * 385=1040 - 11 stopages
    Maybe I'm negative noel

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

epfff wrote: »
    R- 535kg heifer Ko from my herd is closer to 50%
    And I would be only getting 385 for her this week
    So I say 270kg * 385=1040 - 11 stopages
    Maybe I'm negative noel

Yes killout is the variable

She made €1130 in the mart and was killed later that day. Haven’t seen her for a few months but i doubt she’d have been a U grade, plain enough animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

She made €1130 in the mart and was killed later that day. Haven’t seen her for a few months but i doubt she’d have been a U grade, plain enough animal.

1130 in the ring? plus the vat ..minus the fee.

• Advertisement

richie123 wrote: »
    1130 in the ring? plus the vat ..minus the fee.

Yeah, 1130 in the ring, about 1115 take home i suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement