Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Im going for the cashier position or the fancy name that CPL put on it - branch official :D

I did de grains and silo and applied for the anaylist position and it said in my email... Branch official!!???

I applied for the branch role which was told by recruiter would involve cashier and office work..but got the grain n silo which analyst applicans got..so its all a liil confusing!i think we'll find out for sure when we go for prep interview..hopefly:-D
    guess we'll find out about dublin trainin or not when meet4ng recruiter too!?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deedeemaher

what locations is everyone applying for?

CPL told me that the different tests were for different locations

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

lols25 wrote: »
    I applied for the branch role which was told by recruiter would involve cashier and office work..but got the grain n silo which analyst applicans got..so its all a liil confusing!i think we'll find out for sure when we go for prep interview..hopefly:-D
    guess we'll find out about dublin trainin or not when meet4ng recruiter too!?

This is totally confusing.. Head wrecked from it!!! Which they wud hav differentiated between them better!!!!

I'm with you on that one Orlaith.

When I meet the recruiter on Thursday I am going to have a lot of questions wrote down for them to answer

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Whats this prep interview? I don't have one! How rude ha :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

yeah i wasnt told anything about a prep interview either... all i know is mine in next wed in cork at 10am and its for retail banking cause i sat general abilities test!! retail banking???? whats the difference between them all?lol

any tips for interviews....I heard it will be a panel of people too ...god i havent done an interview like that before ...totally freaking now that i wud get nervous and feck it up eeekkkkkk :confused:

Amanda11 wrote: »
    yeah i wasnt told anything about a prep interview either... all i know is mine in next wed in cork at 10am and its for retail banking cause i sat general abilities test!! retail banking???? whats the difference between them all?lol

any tips for interviews....I heard it will be a panel of people too ...god i havent done an interview like that before ...totally freaking now that i wud get nervous and feck it up eeekkkkkk :confused:

It sounds like you are going for the same position as me, earlier i posted types of questions they could ask.

when I was contacted she said I had to meet up with her before hand. im guessing this is the prep interview

It sounds like you are going for the same position as me, earlier i posted types of questions they could ask.

when I was contacted she said I had to meet up with her before hand. im guessing this is the prep interview

yours is in dublin though yeah??

Maybe in cork we are not worthy of a prep interview haha:D

ps thanks for those questions btw :)

yours is in dublin though yeah??

Maybe in cork we are not worthy of a prep interview haha:D

ps thanks for those questions btw :)

My interview is in Dublin but I have applied for Mullingar.

Only glad to give those questions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

I've mine in Dublin but I don't have a prep interview, but not going for grad pos just retail banking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Got a call earlier, Have an interview on wednesday in Dublin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cackiejhan

Hi guys, did the grain and silo test last tuesday, got an interview next week for a channel development role in dublin, does anyone know anything about this role as it was the credit analysis job I was going for and I did not expect this?

One of the things you must have is an,

"Excellent understanding of Internet, Mobile, Website and emerging technologies"

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

Just got a call as well @Boscoirl well done to you, I've an interview next Thursday in Cork :) I haven't even been given a choice as to where I would like to work guys, just delighted to get an interview :) Wouldn't mind working in a place like Mullingar, good town nice and central in the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

hey lads those any know here whats the pay for the graduate position and the cashier job? is anyone in cork getting a 20 minute prep interview over the phone from the recruitment people in dublin

I didn't go through any recruitment agency @deeman, so I've no idea there ha. But I did hear that the salary was in the region of €23k-€30k, I highly doubt that they'd be paying that to newly qualified graduates in these times though? What you think?

Dembo88 wrote: »
    I didn't go through any recruitment agency @deeman, so I've no idea there ha. But I did hear that the salary was in the region of €23k-€30k, I highly doubt that they'd be paying that to newly qualified graduates in these times though? What you think?
    I think it is ment to be in that region. But i would certainly have to be more for a graduate than a cashier a pasume

Yeah @deeman, its all a bit confusing really, they haven't really specified anything other than that there are different roles on offer and no one really knows anything regarding the salary that goes with them! Does anyone even know how many positions they are trying to fill I wonder? At the aptitude test last Tuesday I heard three different numbers....20, 56 and 90 jobs! So again there lies more confusion ha

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

So whose interview is first... so we all can annoy that person on what was asked? lol

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    So whose interview is first... so we all can annoy that person on what was asked? lol

haha true, got a phone call this morning from cpl telling me i failed the aptitude, then i said well why did yee ring me friday to tell me i passed, she nearly got a fright and said would ring me back in 5 minutes. got phone call and she was another person with same name as me.
    but i did pass.
    what a crowd,lol

Dee man thats amazing, its ridiculous to be honest ha. I'd say you were in an awful state for that few minutes! You interviewing in Cork as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kaytee26

Hey guys, I did my aptitude test before Christmas and interviewed 2 weeks ago in Dublin. Got offered a job last week. The interview was tough enough but the recruiter I was working with helped a good bit to prepare me. Lots of competency based questions. Was in there for about 70 minutes. They were very nice interviewers though. Made me feel at ease throughout.

Best of luck everybody who got an interview!

kaytee26 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I did my aptitude test before Christmas and interviewed 2 weeks ago in Dublin. Got offered a job last week. The interview was tough enough but the recruiter I was working with helped a good bit to prepare me. Lots of competency based questions. Was in there for about 70 minutes. They were very nice interviewers though. Made me feel at ease throughout.

Best of luck everybody who got an interview!

70 MINUTES?!! Really? That is a crazy amount of time to spend in an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

70 MINUTES?!! Really? That is a crazy amount of time to spend in an interview!

That's not particularly long, especially if it's a couple of rounds of interviews rolled into one (e.g. you're meeting your line manager, and then his/her manager or the person who will give the go-ahead). My interview for my current job was over 90 minutes altogether.

Edit - I meant that 70 is long for an interview, but by no means unheard of.

Dee man thats amazing, its ridiculous to be honest ha. I'd say you were in an awful state for that few minutes! You interviewing in Cork as well?
    ya was woundering what the hell was up like.
    am ya interviewing in cork thurs for me,
    when u up?
    hav u done much prep work yet

my interview is wednesday at 10 in cork!!! who else is going that day??? anyone before me or am i first ughhh lol!!! hope i dont get too nervous!! eekkk

It says on the email interview wud be 30-40 mins????

to the girl with the 70 min interview...did u do the grain an silo aptitude test or the normal one???

my interview is wednesday at 10 in cork!!! who else is going that day??? anyone before me or am i first ughhh lol!!! hope i dont get too nervous!! eekkk

It says on the email interview wud be 30-40 mins????

to the girl with the 70 min interview...did u do the grain an silo aptitude test or the normal one???
    im up thursday, are u getting any help from the recruitment agency?
    do they expect us to know much about the banking sector, even if we have never studied in that area like?

dee man wrote: »
    when u up?
    hav u done much prep work yet[/QUOT

My interview is Thursday in Cork as well, I'm looking forward to it, we've all got this far guys so they want to see us interviewed for a reason, be positive :) I've not done much prep work to be honest dee man, just trying to research a few things on AIB and thats it so far really, as I didn't go through an agency for it at all I just applied directly you see :confused:

im up thursday, are u getting any help from the recruitment agency?
    do they expect us to know much about the banking sector, even if we have never studied in that area like?

Thats what my greatest fear is too dee man, that the fact I'm not qualified in the banking area will stand against me :(

when u up?
    hav u done much prep work yet[/QUOT

My interview is Thursday in Cork as well, I'm looking forward to it, we've all got this far guys so they want to see us interviewed for a reason, be positive :) I've not done much prep work to be honest dee man, just trying to research a few things on AIB and thats it so far really, as I didn't go through an agency for it at all I just applied directly you see :confused:
    ohh did ya i see what u mean, i dnt think they want us to know a whole pile on the bank, but will ask us more competencies type questions,
    true we got threw that awful aptitude so we cant be doing that bad i suppose:)

• Advertisement

Thats what my greatest fear is too dee man, that the fact I'm not qualified in the banking area will stand against me :(
    i dnt think it willl coz we got threw that tough aptitude will stand to us,
    im just not shure what to prep for it, in the way, what do they want us to know ( banking wise )

Advertisement