Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

ohhh thats ok phewww!!! well best of luck now tomoro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow,think this time tomorroy ye'll have it over an done with!:-))

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Amanda11 wrote: »
    ohhh thats ok phewww!!! well best of luck now tomoro :)

Howd u get on??? all gud i hope!:)

yeah all good!! there are different peop interviewing as there were also a couple of more peop had interviews same time as me... but happy enough with it an fingers crossed now!!! good luck today! If i can do it anyone can:)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

Fair play to ya Amanda11, always good to know how they're running things, all the best to ya, I'd say its a great relief :)

• Advertisement

yeah all good!! there are different peop interviewing as there were also a couple of more peop had interviews same time as me... but happy enough with it an fingers crossed now!!! good luck today! If i can do it anyone can:)!!

I'm also wondering....do they expect you to know a lot about AIB and their products/services?:eek: I'm after spending a good bit of the morning doing it please tell me it wasn't for nothing ha :)

What kind of things did they ask you?

just over two hours!!! ewk!!!! nerves really kicking in!! :( dembo wat kind of stuff did u look at?

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    just over two hours!!! ewk!!!! nerves really kicking in!! :( dembo wat kind of stuff did u look at?

You'll be grand, I often find that in situations like interviews the nerves turn into sheer anticipation once you're outside the door so don't be worrying ha. I wonder is it a panel of people or is it one on one? :eek: I just looked at stuff from the AIB website really, and any pages that I found useful on google for interview techniques really Orlaith, not a bother to ya good luck with it :)

Dembo88 wrote: »
    You'll be grand, I often find that in situations like interviews the nerves turn into sheer anticipation once you're outside the door so don't be worrying ha. I wonder is it a panel of people or is it one on one? :eek: I just looked at stuff from the AIB website really, and any pages that I found useful on google for interview techniques really Orlaith, not a bother to ya good luck with it :)

Its two interviewers i think!! Just wanna it over and done with, ya no! I had a glance over that too!! I know im goin to go blank and keep sayin ammmm ammm ammmm!! i always do!! ugh!! FML!! !:o

• Advertisement

Its two interviewers i think!! Just wanna it over and done with, ya no! I had a glance over that too!! I know im goin to go blank and keep sayin ammmm ammm ammmm!! i always do!! ugh!! FML!! !:o

Sure they know we're going to be nervous, not a bother to ya keep the head and you'll do the finest. Two interviewers isn't too bad I suppose, we'll knock the socks off the both of them! :)

Sure they know we're going to be nervous, not a bother to ya keep the head and you'll do the finest. Two interviewers isn't too bad I suppose, we'll knock the socks off the both of them! :)

Thats for the vite of confident.. first time i smiled all day i think!! ;) Just getting ready now! here goes nothin!! Ill let ya know i get on the min im home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just back from my interview, I think it went ok. If you look over the sample questions posted on page 12 of this thread, you should be ok., best of luck to everyone that still has to do the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

hey @boscoril well done on the interview,
    it was'nt too bad so was it?
    what were the two interviewing like? which positions were you applyign for again

I am going for the graduate branch role(afaik)

The 2 people I got where nice, friendly, and enjoyed a bit of banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Glad it went well for you Borscoirl, do you mind me asking if they asked any specific questions about your banking/finance knowledge? Apparently I am being interviewed for an analyst position but the job spec I was given is very vague and my banking knowledge is minimal to say the least :) Did they stick with the competency stuff mainly?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

Boscoirl wrote: »

is that the financial analyst and credit assessment role, or just customer service role

Boscoirl wrote: »

We all love a bit of banter haha, its good that they make you feel relaxed anyway, conversation flows easier then like! I'm looking forward to it, we've got nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned, and everything to gain so we may as well relax and enjoy the experience. Did they ask you any specific questions like knowing their APR for certain loans or is that way too specific? :eek:

dee man wrote: »
    is that the financial analyst and credit assessment role, or just customer service role

I have no idea :D

CM, they didn't ask any financial questions, the closest was asking me what i knew about AIB

hey... nothing major asked at all about AIB itself so you dont need to know figures or anything it is def more about you and your qualities and education!!

just wish i could find out now whether i got it or not!!! hate the waiting game!!! :O

• Advertisement

hey... nothing major asked at all about AIB itself so you dont need to know figures or anything it is def more about you and your qualities and education!!

just wish i could find out now whether i got it or not!!! hate the waiting game!!! :O

Ha the waiting game is horrible, I know it too well at this stage! Well did you ask them about when you will know Amanda?:) Ah I'm happy enough about that anyway, I'm well able to talk about my qualities and education! :D

Well that was only okay.. The ladies were really nice! Nothin much on aib... Jus my knowledge of it!! Els was jus cv and ordinary qu! Two weeks and wel will no via post!!

Well that was only okay.. The ladies were really nice! Nothin much on aib... Jus my knowledge of it!! Els was jus cv and ordinary qu! Two weeks and wel will no via post!!

I'd say you did better than you expected, its always the way. Wow Orlaith I thought it would be a week max, that is gonna be a long two weeks! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

2 weeks by post! AAH!! I though we would know by early next week and be starting at the end of February :(

My interview is Friday anyway. I feel a bit calmer after reading this thread but I cant believe it will take so long to get an answer

closifer wrote: »
    2 weeks by post! AAH!! I though we would know by early next week and be starting at the end of February :(

My interview is Friday anyway. I feel a bit calmer after reading this thread but I cant believe it will take so long to get an answer

Yeah its a right wait to find out, there'll be plenty of dreams had between now and then! Haha. I'll be like a dog waiting for the postman! I'm on tomorrow in Cork, just want to get it out of the way at this stage ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Yeah its a right wait to find out, there'll be plenty of dreams had between now and then! Haha. I'll be like a dog waiting for the postman! I'm on tomorrow in Cork, just want to get it out of the way at this stage ha :D

I wonder how many jobs there are and how many people are going for them?? This thread has had 10,000 views. I hope that isn't indicative of anything ;)

closifer wrote: »
    I wonder how many jobs there are and how many people are going for them?? This thread has had 10,000 views. I hope that isn't indicative of anything ;)

Yeah actually I was meant to ask you the same thing in my last post haha. I wonder has anyone got any idea? Even a ballpark figure like? Ah God if its got 10,000 views that has me seriously wondering what my chances are now :( Maybe a few of those views are from people who were on here before the results of the aptitude test though? Hopefully :D

Id say it could have been between five and eight hundred for the aptitude test in total. I mean there were 3 exams that day i think and hundreds in the room each time.

I think there were four interview rooms today so lets say 1 interview per hour each and lunch then means roughly 28 people per day and 84 for the whole week. I'm not aware of anyone having any interviews next week?

Interview was fine today. All very friendly.

Well done to you TheInquisitor. Its always a positive when you come out knowing you did well. I think there were four tests the day I sat my aptitude test in Dublin, one at 9.30, another at 11.15, one at 1.35 and another at 3.30 I think! I suppose you're talking about 200 people being interviewed so then? Wonder how many they'll take on out of we'll say 200? :eek:

Well for the Credit analysist position there is only 16 positions goin....

• Advertisement

Well for the Credit analysist position there is only 16 positions goin....

:eek: How did you find that out Orlaith? You'd fancy that there would be far more branch roles though I reckon? What you think? I haven't applied for the analyst role but I hope it still doesn't count against me

Advertisement