Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mustabeen

Hi all -

Anybody pass the grains and silo test and get the job description? Was sent something about Deposits and Wealth... Not entirely sure what's going on. Any light shed would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

@deeman

I actually cant remember did she say wed or fri but that it wud be in vienna woods hotel she thought! she sed she wud email all the info to me but cant remember which day she sed i was so shocked she sed i passed the test lol what day did u get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

I just got the call and have the interview on Wed' morning in dublin. I did the general apt' tests on tuesday morning. What are people going to revise for the interviews? any tips?

Congrads to those who got good news and best of luck to those still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

Well done Phonkillaz, still haven't heard anything so if I don't hear anything in the next 20 minutes I'll presume I'm gone ha. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Haven't heard anything either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Grain and silo test....Interview on Wednesday!!!! Delighted!!!

Well done Orlaith fair play. Still haven't heard anything here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

Dembo88 wrote: »
    Well done Orlaith fair play. Still haven't heard anything here :(
    Same here Dembo88..looks like we are out of luck!!

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Grain and silo test....Interview on Wednesday!!!! Delighted!!!
    are you for cork orlaith? you did the grain an silo test is it? they didnt say wat branch??

@ Le Henry

Ah yeah, slightly demoralising to say the least. But at least we gave it a shot, would have been worse if we didn't, we'd only be regretting it then! Good experience all the same too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Congratulations to everyone that got an interview, unfortunately I have heard nothing, and best of luck in the future to those that also have not heard back.

I am off to wait outside my local branch till monday morning so I can close my account :D

Amanda11 wrote: »
    are you for cork orlaith? you did the grain an silo test is it? they didnt say wat branch??
    Yeah I am! Yep did the grain&silo... Well the recuirment agency said tat coz I was late sendin in my cv all the positions for cork were filled... And only Dublin or Kerry left... So she said put down Kerry first... And den cork in case they can't fill it... But I never was given an opportunity to make tis selection....! Killarney wudn be bad... Anywhere els in kerry wud be depressin!!lol

Yeah I am! Yep did the grain&silo... Well the recuirment agency said tat coz I was late sendin in my cv all the positions for cork were filled... And only Dublin or Kerry left... So she said put down Kerry first... And den cork in case they can't fill it... But I never was given an opportunity to make tis selection....! Killarney wudn be bad... Anywhere els in kerry wud be depressin!!lol

killarney or even tralee wud be ok havent a clue of anywhere else in kerry tho...You must be for analyst position so cause i did the general ability test... the interview is in vienna woods right? i got a text saying i would get all the info monday!! did you get anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Got an interview :) Dont give up hope lads, they are still making calls! Delighted, great start to Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

@deeman

I actually cant remember did she say wed or fri but that it wud be in vienna woods hotel she thought! she sed she wud email all the info to me but cant remember which day she sed i was so shocked she sed i passed the test lol what day did u get?
    I got thurs. Im delighted aswel and get the oppotunity to work in cork is fantastic.
    R we going to be on a higher wage bracket coz we did the grain test?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

killarney or even tralee wud be ok havent a clue of anywhere else in kerry tho...You must be for analyst position so cause i did the general ability test... the interview is in vienna woods right? i got a text saying i would get all the info monday!! did you get anything yet?

I was told the same that all cork positions are gone and to put Kerry as my first choice. Yet my interview is in Cork for the Cork position. However, I was told today that if I was successful in the interview it would be a MUTUAL decision on where I would be situated. So I reckon just concentrate on the interview and then worry about location.

Best of luck in the interview everyone. For those that did not get an interview chin up as your CV had to be impressive to even get to the first stage. Many people I know were rejected at the initial stage based on their CV.

Yeah when she rang she just said tat shell sent everything to me thru email...I hav nothin yet. So jus waiting!! Wat time ure interview??

10am :eek: I think the emails are going out Monday, I got a text giving me time and location with detailed info to be emailed Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Does anyone know what an analyst position would involve? Is there another stage if your sucesful with interview? Thanks guys!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deedeemaher

lols25 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what an analyst position would involve? Is there another stage if your sucesful with interview? Thanks guys!:-)

I asked CPL and she said there was cashier positions with a of office work and the other positions were mortgage admin

• Advertisement

No the interview is pretty much the last stage. You will be trained in all different departments initially. Its all financial analysis and credit assessment skills, sounds a lot harder than it actually is, plus you are trained from the bottom up.:)

Here is the email I got earlier

I have confirmed the following details for you:
    Date & Time: Thursday 2nd of February 2012 @2pm
    Role: Graduate Opportunities
    Location: Tara Towers Hotel, Booterstown. (Please Google this to make sure you know exact location prior to your interview).
    Meeting with: TBC Also ensure that you bring your passport to the interview.

The format of this interview will be very structured, cv run through and competency based.
    AIB mark everything including 1st impressions so ensure you have a “firm handshake”, be aware of keeping eye contact through the interview, engage the interviewers and try develop a rapport with both through the interview.
    Ensure you have a suit with Jacket for the interview – it gives a stronger 1st impression and is more professional.

Make sure and Research AIB on this website and look for extra information also. www.aib.ie

The following are the type of questions that can be asked in AIB interviews, so spend time preparing.

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Tell me a little bit about yourself?

Education:
    Why choose educational course of study?
    Explain the modules studied in the course?
    Was your course practical/theory based and what did you enjoy most?

Customer/Teamwork/Leadership:
    Customer-related: Ever had to deal with a difficult customer? Is so, how?
    Team working: if someone on your team wasn’t pulling his or her own weight, what would you do? (Talk to them….?)
    How many people did you work with in your last job? Big/small team? Work well together?
    Can you provide an example a time when you showed leadership skills/qualities?

Motivation:
    What do you know about AIB? Research AIB, its worth going on to google and look for recent positive articles, something a little different you can bring to interview.
    Why do you want to work for AIB?
    What motivates you in a job?
    What appeals to you about this position and AIB
    Do you have any concerns/apprehensions about the role?

Strengths/Weaknesses:
    Strengths/ Weaknesses: if a friend/work colleague/ Team Leader had to describe you with a 3-4 words, how would he/she describe you?
    What would your colleague/TL say your strengths/weaknesses were?
    What areas would he/she say you should improve on?
    Criticism: were you ever given constructive criticism?

Miscellaneous:
    Deadlines: did you ever have to reach certain deadlines? How did you make sure they were met?
    Stress: how do you deal with stress in your job?
    Skills: what skills are you hoping to gain in this role?
    Initiative: can you give me an example of a time when you used your initiative?
    Further studies: do you intend to go any further in your studies?
    Career path: where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time?
    What do you think that AIB customers want?
    Why do you want a job in AIB and what will you bring to the position?

Job Description – Please review for the Interview

Branch Banking Bank official OPPORTUNITIES - Fixed Term Contracts (23 months)

Locations: Majority Based in Dublin (may be some positions in the surrounding areas)
    Salary Range; 23,883 to €30,331 depending on experience.
    Branch Banking is of key strategic importance to the future of Banking in Ireland and has a key role to play in supporting the recovery of the local and national economy, in particular through its support and development of the SME market.

Due to significant attrition in the Branch Network, we are now seeking to recruit additional staff within branch banking to support the recovery of our business.

The Key Responsibilities of all these positions will include:
    § To maintain a strong relationship with existing clients through the provision of superior service.
    § Play an active role in ensuring the business adheres to best in class service to our customer base.
    § Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
    § Support colleagues and customers in the development of the business at branch level.

Successful Candidates:-
    We are looking for the successful candidates to take up these positions from beginning of 2012 and they will ideally possess the following:
    § An ability to work in a challenging, competitive and customer focused environment.
    § A career-focused individual with the ambition to develop and progress within Banking
    § A high level of interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
    § An ability to work on own initiative and interact as part of a highly motivated team
    § The minimum educational requirement for these positions is a Leaving Certificate with 400 points including a pass in English and Maths or 3rd Level Degree
    Successful candidates will be expected to complete the QFA Loans and the QFA Regulation within a specified timeframe and this will be a condition of employment.

Ensure you have a good understanding of what’s involved in this role, prepare examples of the above skill set they are looking for.

Please call me to arrange your interview prep for Thursday morning at 8am in my office in St.Stephen’s Green.

Can you make sure that you have all your Documentation organised prior to your meeting with AIB:
    1. Passport

2. Copy of Leaving Cert /Degree and Masters

3. 2 Names and Numbers of References

The only thing you need to bring to the interview is your passport - Any questions please let me know.

Just some information re: Available Transport to and from Tara Towers Hotel to Dublin City Centre
    DART:
    If you are taking the DART to your interview you need to take the South bound train to Booterstown Station. When you walk out of the station, turn right, and walking back towards the city centre. The Tara Towers Hotel is 5 minutes walk from the Booterstown DART station. It is on the opposite side of the road. Beside the garage- For information on fares and timetables log onto www.dart.ie
    Dublin Bus:
    The Tara Towers Hotel is serviced by 5 bus routes, all of these routes stop directly in front of the hotel. www.dublinbus.ie (note: exact fare needed)
    Number 45 From Merrion Square to Bray
    Number 7 From City Centre (O' Connell St.) to Loughlinstown Park, Cherrywood.
    Number 7a From City Centre (O'Connell St.) to Mackinstosh Park
    Number 8 From City Centre (Parnell Square) to Dalkey, Ulverton Road
    Number 4a From Harristown to Stradbrook (Abbey Road)
    You can also take the Bus number 4 or 7 to the Tara Towers Hotel from O'Connell Bridge.

Please note: You should be heading south on the lower road towards Blackrock.

Driving:
    If you are driving to the hotel please click here to work out your route http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes
    There is parking available at the hotel.
    Useful links:

www.dublinbus.ie

www.dart.ie

www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes

http://www.taratowers.com/location/

Google Map Link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=tara+towers,+dublin&hl=en&cd=1&ei=g_zGS8zzDYL5OdqxjJ0I&sig2=32lL5wckTjkYAYjnCJg5Uw&sll=53.33077,-6.234741&sspn=0.045414,0.109692&ie=UTF8&view=map&ved=0CE8QpQY&hq=tara+towers,+dublin&hnear=&ll=53.312391,-6.202104&spn=0.004487,0.00912&z=16&iwloc=A&source=embed

Hotel Contact Details:
    Tara Towers Hotel

4 Merrion Rd

Dublin 4, Ireland

Get directions

01 269 4666

Many thanks.

Got the email.. Interview seems straight forward enough... Cv and compenency questions....!! Piece of cake...:) so any body got any good topics about aib that I cud speak about?

So Deedeemaher which role are you going for? Or will you be considered for both?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Thanks deedee and lad! Ha it think whe word analyst makes it sound harder:-Dthats the same job description i got too deedee!
    Dye reckon we'll be in dublin for a bit of time?

ladd19 wrote: »
    So Deedeemaher which role are you going for? Or will you be considered for both?

Im going for the cashier position or the fancy name that CPL put on it - branch official :D

Thanks deedee and lad! Ha it think whe word analyst makes it sound harder:-Dthats the same job description i got too deedee!
    Dye reckon we'll be in dublin for a bit of time?

I don't know because it was never said on the job spec that we had to go to Dublin but on the other job spec it did say that they would be up i Dublin for 3 months or something like that

Im going for the cashier position or the fancy name that CPL put on it - branch official :D

I did de grains and silo and applied for the anaylist position and it said in my email... Branch official!!???

I did de grains and silo and applied for the anaylist position and it said in my email... Branch official!!???

I reckon we will all be considered for both roles which is great as it doubles our chances of getting a job. There are a lot more bank official jobs than Grad roles, ill be happy if I get anything.

• Advertisement

I might email the agency and see exactly what position it is for... In case I go into the interview and make a mistake lik!!! Looks like most people got called for interviews which is brill!!!!!

Advertisement