Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Eoin wrote: »
    Spelling and grammar are important when applying for jobs etc, but the threads in this forum are not a job application or CV.

No more pedantry please.
    Er, the importance of spelling and grammar extends far beyond job applications and CVs to be honest. That's akin to saying that wearing nice clothes, brushing your teeth and neatening your hair is only important when doing interviews. In a way, it's "conning" your potential employers and future colleagues as to your actual ability or in the latter case, your personal hygiene and standards.

I wouldn't call that overly pedantic either. I understand that from your point of view, enforcing rules around grammar on people who clearly couldn't care less would be over the top from a relatively casual discussion website, but to disregard it as only necessary for blagging your way through a formality, particularly on a work&jobs advice forum, is reflective of the recent attitude that proper English stops at the school door.

Anyway, I take offense to being called "an idiot". Particularly by a group of people that have deluded themselves into thinking that they're going to get €30,000 p/a for a bottom-of-the-rung teller job in one of the most broken and hated companies in the country ;)

I'll leave it at that and we'll call it even on the "idiot" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I'm sorry now mod but this is ridiculous. This idiot as I'm going to put it politely as possible not only insulted one person but was referring to everyone on the thread yet he insists he was right and he gets a warning. All I can say if you friend is anything like you, and god knows we've enough idiots in this world then Aib will see straight how much of a cocky, self righteous, so far up himself co*k that he'd have a better chance going back to his parents and learning some manners. Ban me if you want mod by all means but freedom of speech is one thing, insults are not.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

C'mon now lads let's not get personal here, it's not necessary.

I point out a few problems with posts and suddenly I'm at the receiving end of personal abuse...and this is just a work&jobs forum? I conceded to let the grammar/spelling thing go and yet the abuse persists.

Calm yourself down like a good lad, it's nothing worth getting in a huff about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deedeemaher

Guys just letting you know that I got the dreaded phone there.

I got an interview for thursday!!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Congrats deedee! Think Im even more nervous now I know that they actually are ringing people today :) Good luck with the interview!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

Guys just letting you know that I got the dreaded phone there.

I got an interview for thursday!!! :):):)

Well done!!! Yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OK, in case I didn't make it clear.

No more bitching about grammar and so on, and no more personal abuse.

@PowerHouseDan, take a few days off

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

congrats deedee well done!!:)...nothing here yet...maybe they're ringing the successful people first...anticipation has got my theories going like crazy!:eek::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

well done deedee!!! so happy 4 you...!! what test did u sit again??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

well done deedee fairplay to ya,
    best of luck in the interview you earned it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

Maybe they r starting with people who did the regular aptitude test in the morning first and then the silo grain test after!!! Good to know they haven't forgotten us anyway!

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    well done deedee!!! so happy 4 you...!! what test did u sit again??

I did the general abilities test.

Id say everyone will get the phone call today, she seemed very rushed on the phone.

The interviews are in Dublin on tuesday, wednesday and thursday.

And thank you all for the best wishes!

I still can't believe I got an interview! :)

Maybe they r starting with people who did the regular aptitude test in the morning first and then the silo grain test after!!! Good to know they haven't forgotten us anyway!

You might be right there malteaser because I sat the test at 9.30, I was in the first group in there

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Yes malteaser!!! thats a really good theory! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Got the phone call - I passed. I don't know how I managed to pass that silo grain test, I'm in shock. Interview next weds :D:D best of luck everyone

yes..yes..they are reasonable theories!!...phew paranoia over!!!:D:D the suspense reminds me of trying to get the golden ticket in charlie and the chocolate factory!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

I got the phone call too before lunch .. interview next week ..ahhh!! Did the aptitude test at 4:30 !

Best of luck though to the rest of you guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

Just to let ye know i too got the call today and got an interview next week for cork :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

My God! I passed! Ive never ever ever ever been so shocked!

Just got the phone. Dnt know how i passed but i did. Interview next werk in cork.
    Best of luck to those still waiting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

deeman did they say for what branches it wud be in cork???

I cant believe i passed it too:) fingers crossed for interview now

Amanda11 wrote: »
    deeman did they say for what branches it wud be in cork???

I cant believe i passed it too:) fingers crossed for interview now
    No amanda they didnt say. Just its for a branch in cork. What day u up next week?
    Great start to the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

Did anyone that done the grain silo test get an interview yet!! I've heard nothing :-(

Congrats everyone! Woo Hoo! Go Us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lollllly

Hi All,

I did the Silo/Grain test on tuesday 24th @ 3.30 and i just got a phone-call - i got an interview for next Friday. I actually did not think id pass that test totally had no faith as it was so difficult!

Therefore, have faith people. I literally got the call at 15.50pm

Did anyone goes thru Kelly in CPL, and get the call yet??

Just got the call for interview next week in Cork!!!:):)

Nearly felt like asking how the hell did I pass the grain test!!:eek: so shocked I'm through for next round!! brilliant news for a friday evening!!:) everyone else hold out the hope..they're still making calls and she was rushing on the phone so must be hoping to ring everyone!

P.s girls...when they mention wear a suit..do ye have the whole jacket & pants/skirt thing or would a dress and jacket do ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

Well done to you all, I've heard nothing at all yet so starting to lose hope. Best of luck next week fair play :)

Dembo88 wrote: »
    Well done to you all, I've heard nothing at all yet so starting to lose hope. Best of luck next week fair play :)

Your not the only ones, I've heard Nothing yet, However I did get a call about another graduate programme for and interview, But I Really WANT AIB!!!

• Advertisement

I just got the call, done graduate test, but i'm being interviewed for cashier job!! woohoo Happy i got something!!... Congrats to everyone!!

Advertisement