Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all :)

I am due to sit an aptitude test for a graduate retail banking job with AIB. Has anyone any experience of this test and also any experience of their interview process? Ive heard lots about their corporate banking test (grain test) but was wondering if the retail banking one would be different. Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

hey i did that aptitude test aswel last monday.
    how did u get on with it.
    what did ya think.

do you know when they are ment to get back to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pinklilyrose

hi

i thought it was ok... some of the mechanical reasoning was a bit confusing tho! how did u find it? i havent heard anything back yet... have you? i thought we were supposed to have heard the fri 23rd before xmas.

am ya i thought it wasent too bad like, but that was my first time doing anything like that.
    but the maths side of it was reasonable enough like, thought that area would be a lot harder.

ya they said that alrite but you know banks they mite not get back to us until the third like, but the agency crowd rang me that day alrite and said they will get back to me if i pass it or not.
    so we will know either way.

what day and time did u do ur aptitude exam

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Has anyone done this? I've heard about the silo / grain test which seems impossible.

The Graduate role is Branch Banking. I wonder would this be the same test? Or would anyone have an idea what to expect from it.

Also I have a law background not a financial one, wonder am I wasting my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hi ladd19...are you doing the test next week?? I am and am just a little scared. Im not from a financial background either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

closifer wrote: »
    Hi ladd19...are you doing thest next week?? I am and am just a little scared. Im not from a financial background either!

Hi my sister is in the same boat, hers is next week. any tips or predictions?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

hey i am also sitting the aptitude test on tues 24th on branch banking but for cork. I have to travel to dublin for it. I got sent a sample of one from the agency it was on morrisby.com but was very easy. Thats hardly it! I have seen on this people writing about grain test or something??? I have no idea now what to epect??

anyone have any idea??

Hey,

Im going for aptitude test next week in dublin for position of branch banking.

have no idea wat to expect from the test? any hints?

they gave me a link to morrisby.com for a sample one but seems ok but have read on here about grain test or something????

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Hi... I'm goin up to Dublin too on the 24th.. No idea what to expect... How long does it last? Completing freakin out!! Why cudn they just hold one in cork!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

I too am going to Dublin on Tuesday for this aptitude test guys, has anyone got any clue at all regarding any content in the test or are we all completely in the dark? Surely it can't be total rocket science guys? Good luck to us all by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Hey!

I have the aptitude test next Tuesday afternoon also, had thoughts of the grain & silo test too but the morrisby test looks alright. How secure do ye think the jobs are? Possibility of getting a similar job if we were let go after the 2 years?..only worry i have!:confused:

There has to be someone out ther who has sat this before and can help us!! At least it looks like we are all in the same boat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I've done it. There's a sample one on morriby.com. Basically it's a harder version of that, and it's timed. It will take about an hr and a half. There are 6 separate little sections each taking 10-15 mins. Do the sample. The questions start out easy in each section, but get harder as it goes on. Time is a big issue, so fly through the easy ones at the start. Don't be meticulously checking that you haven't made a mistake. All in all its not that hard. Good luck!

Hey lads. Ya i did id say a similar test with them back in december. The sample one i got was similar to what we did for the exam after. But its a speed test and is difficult enuf.

Only advice i hav is read the questions very carefully and try to do as many as you can.
    Its a 75% pass rate aswel

best of luck

oh right so its def not the grain and silo test!! thats good heard that was very hard!

Yeah i wasnt told much about it and jus told to do the sample one online but that seems very easy!! they are hardly dragging us up to dublin for something that easy?

I wouldn't say they'd drag us up to Dublin for something easy, but having said that surely it can't be massively difficult either? I mean its not as if we're going to be running a bank should we manage to get hired!

The first 10 qs of each section are as easy as the sample. After that they get gradually harder and the ones at the end are very hard. But they don't expect most people to get them right, or even have enough time to get that far

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

hey guys, I am due to sit this test as well next tuesday.. Dee man when you say the sample one is similar was this sample the one from Morrisby?

I am nervous enough as I have never completed one before.

Any info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Edit - threads merged

Not meaning to be cute here or anything but does anyone know what are the layouts of these tests on morrisby.com? I tried to sign up to it to have a look but I can't sign up for some reason! Also...being naive here by the way...is there any multiple choice questions Dee Man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I'll tell you whats going on here those who already sat the test dont want to be giving hints as its competition based.

I'll tell you whats going on here those who already sat the test dont want to be giving hints as its competition based.

Look back over the thread there, ive already told ye what the test is about. Seriously, go do the sample on morriby.com. The test is on the sections shown there, but the later questions in each section are more difficult than the sample ones. The test is timed and time is an issue, it's hard to get it all completed. Honestly, that's all there is to know. If people can't graspe this then maybe they're better off not heading to it atal

This mite sound like a stupid qu, but is it formal wear, or just ordinary clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deedeemaher

I read on another thread that most people dress formally but casual is acceptable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ah the grain silo
    Main thing is get the test finished.
    There are no marks if you don't give an answer so at least get the thing finished and give a few minutes at the end to check over

I passed the test years back, went to corporate banking assesment day and got rejected, ah well.

But yeah, if you don't get this test finished you're in trouble so be fast and don't get bogged down.
    Now you're going to say but it's difficult to get it completed. Well of course it'd difficult and they only select the top few per cent so answer every question and give yourself every chance

Casual wear is acceptable, no need for the suit

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    This mite sound like a stupid qu, but is it formal wear, or just ordinary clothes?

Most people will dress formal, but you're in a room full of people so noone will notice if you dress casual. And it's not as if the examiners will be talking to anyone personally, or take note of anyone's appearance. If I was going again i'd dress casually

How's every1 set for tamrw?????

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    How's every1 set for tamrw?????

worried :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

I'm very nervous too, what time are you guys in at ??? good luck btw:)

• Advertisement

I'm very nervous too, what time are you guys in at ??? good luck btw:)
    Im in at half three anyway. Apparently it will take about 90 mins.

Advertisement