Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Niallers87

i didnt get a call yet from aib, and to be honest i dont think i passed, it was the recruiters from cpl that informed me of that, i think lauren was her name, to be honest i didnt know until i was reading this thread that there was two different aptitude tests, i wouldnt mind either job to be honest!! how did u find it lols25?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

were the analyst jobs advertised seperately to the branch banking jobs? lots of the ads had different titles but had same job descriptions?!
    Nialler oh god i don't think i came near to passing it..who evers correcting it will get a good laugh...the sample questions confused me for few mins and even trying to make sense of the actual questions was crazy!!:D..it seemed to me there was extra info given that you didnt need at all!!?...i knew alright there were two types of tests but never expected the grain test..haha i think i was recovering from the shock for the first 10 mins too!!:D howd you think you got on?

Deeman..least your recruiters were somebit clued in..will be putting it to my recruiter tomorrow was i actually put forward for analyst job instead!:( how did you find it all?!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

lols25 wrote: »
    were the analyst jobs advertised seperately to the branch banking jobs? lots of the ads had different titles but had same job descriptions?!
    Nialler oh god i don't think i came near to passing it..who evers correcting it will get a good laugh...the sample questions confused me for few mins and even trying to make sense of the actual questions was crazy!!:D..it seemed to me there was extra info given that you didnt need at all!!?...i knew alright there were two types of tests but never expected the grain test..haha i think i was recovering from the shock for the first 10 mins too!!:D howd you think you got on?

Deeman..least your recruiters were somebit clued in..will be putting it to my recruiter tomorrow was i actually put forward for analyst job instead!:( how did you find it all?!

To be honest im not over confident or anything im usually good at exams or this type of stuff. But i found the stilo vishous like. Never done anything like that exam b4. Like even if we got sample questions i probaly would have been better prepated or at worst given it a better shot at like.

Haha vicious isn't even the word to describe it..would be interesting to see the actual solutions for them out of curiosity! normally good at exams too and been practicing aptitude tests a nice bit lately too...haha i think if i'd seen sample q's beforehand i'd prob have been scared but at least now afterwards i wouldn't feel as kinda hard done by with all the vagueness and confusion. i wonder is this the only time aib will be recruiting now for a lonng time?!..especially for cashier type jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Niallers87

well from talking to my recruiter, she didnt seem like she had much of a clue wat was goin on!! i didnt even finish the thing to be honest i think i answered 20 questions or so, but the test is designed in such a way that wer not suppose to finish it, the examiner even said that at the start, i think even if we had sample questions we still prob woudnt have improved our chances, i thought alot of it wasd down to the wording of it aswell. i guess well find out tomorrow how it all goes!!!

• Advertisement

Haha vicious isn't even the word to describe it..would be interesting to see the actual solutions for them out of curiosity! normally good at exams too and been practicing aptitude tests a nice bit lately too...haha i think if i'd seen sample q's beforehand i'd prob have been scared but at least now afterwards i wouldn't feel as kinda hard done by with all the vagueness and confusion. i wonder is this the only time aib will be recruiting now for a lonng time?!..especially for cashier type jobs!

Haha tbh im kindof been put off working for banks now. Jez they have done so far is total head **** me and havent even done the interview yet. What did u qualify in?
    I qualified in property management fr england

dee man wrote: »
    Haha tbh im kindof been put off working for banks now. Jez they have done so far is total head **** me and havent even done the interview yet. What did u qualify in?

ha as long as they give me a job i don't care!:D but it kinda is an all over the place situation so far!! i did agribusiness mgmt..so not up there like the hardcore finance/business people but still gave it a shot as people have gone into the banking sector afterwards.

hopefully we'll all be the wiser tomorrow,and the happier too!!!

ha as long as they give me a job i don't care!:D but it kinda is an all over the place situation so far!! i did agribusiness mgmt..so not up there like the hardcore finance/business people but still gave it a shot as people have gone into the banking sector afterwards.

Ya would love to just get a proper job rite now.

Well mines in property so im in the same both as u.

Best of luck anyway and shur we will know tmor is rite

Ya would love to just get a proper job rite now.

Well mines in property so im in the same both as u.

Best of luck anyway and shur we will know tmor is rite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pinklilyrose

hope everyone gets the call tomorrow!!! has anyone any idea what the pay is like for the two positions... i saw a poster above said the cashier position is 2k less.... i saw the range is 22k - 30k ... i wouldnt object to a cashier job at all... a job is a job after all!! do you know if the cashier jobs have to do the qfa exams too?????

• Advertisement

i was told 23-30k while under the impression i was applying for a cashier job..but since then I couldn't be 100% because I might have been quoted a salary for the analyst jobs instead. the qfa exams I can't remember im afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

hope everyone gets the call tomorrow!!! has anyone any idea what the pay is like for the two positions... i saw a poster above said the cashier position is 2k less.... i saw the range is 22k - 30k ... i wouldnt object to a cashier job at all... a job is a job after all!! do you know if the cashier jobs have to do the qfa exams too?????

As far as I no from friends working in a bank everybody there even people in post offices and credit unions have to do the qfa exams they aren't supposed to be very difficult though. I did the silo/ grain test as well tues I finished it n thought it wasn't too bad but was so shocked it couldn't have been more different from sample! Hope tomoro is a good day for everybody wonder will it be an email or call or anything at all if haven't got thru :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deedeemaher

As far as I no from friends working in a bank everybody there even people in post offices and credit unions have to do the qfa exams they aren't supposed to be very difficult though. I did the silo/ grain test as well tues I finished it n thought it wasn't too bad but was so shocked it couldn't have been more different from sample! Hope tomoro is a good day for everybody wonder will it be an email or call or anything at all if haven't got thru :(

I think we get a phone call regardless if we get through or not.

I will have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone here tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

I think we get a phone call regardless if we get through or not.

I will have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone here tomorrow :)

At least we will get a phone call either way, will either be a great weekend or the search will start again!!! Good luck guys there's a lot of people on here in the same boat phones on extra loud tomorrow!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

We're all in the same boat guys, and we all seem to be genuinely clueless, its crazy how there wasn't more info given to applicants! Regarding the salary question I did hear that its in the region of €23k-€30k (depending on your level of qualification) so in times like these that is certainly something you would not turn down ha, even if it is completely unrelated to your degree! :D I really hope they contact everyone by phone, I think that is standard procedure anyway isn't it? Good luck to you all on the D Day that is tomorrow, all the best :)

Anyone get the important phone call yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Nope... so nevous!!!! keep looking at the fone!

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Nope... so nevous!!!! keep looking at the fone!
    Same here.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

I would laugh if none of us got a phone call today after all our talk about it!!!:D

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    I would laugh if none of us got a phone call today after all our talk about it!!!:D
    Ya true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

No contact from them yet either guys :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Nothign yet either..but I have dealt with enough HR depts to know that 'Il ring you tomorrow' can mean anything from tomorrow to two weeks from now, and given how disorganised they have been with this whole thing (Does anyone actually know for sure what position/location they applied for?!) It wouldnt surprise me if they dont get in touch today..also, if they actually did ring everyone (which would surprise me-I expect emails for those of us who dont get through), there were a good 200+ ppl assesed, so even if they are only on to each person for 3-4mins thats still ten hours of phone calls (though obviously they would have more than 1 person doing it) so it could be quite late in the day before most of us hear anything :) Heres hoping its good news after the wait though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Was spelling and grammar a part of the test?

If so, I can understand why you're not hearing back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

quietriot wrote: »
    Was spelling and grammar a part of the test?

If so, I can understand why you're not hearing back from them.

Because how I write a quick comment on a message board is an excellent representation of my spelling and grammer :rolleyes:

Thanks for the constructive and insightful comment though! Really added something to the discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Dembo88 wrote: »
    We're all in the same boat guys, and we all seem to be genuinely clueless, its crazy how there wasn't more info given to applicants! Regarding the salary question I did hear that its in the region of €23k-€30k (depending on your level of qualification) so in times like these that is certainly something you would not turn down ha, even if it is completely unrelated to your degree! :D I really hope they contact everyone by phone, I think that is standard procedure anyway isn't it? Good luck to you all on the D Day that is tomorrow, all the best :)

When I thought I was being put forward for the teller job, the recruiter asked me about salary expectation and I told her I would need close to the 30k mark and she said that she thought that would be okay as it likely went on your level of education/academic achievement. I was put forward for the analyst role and the bloody grain test though so I dunno if that is the same salary wise. I suspect that the the top end is similar but that the range for the analyst is maybe 27-30 rather than 23-30.

I also told her that I would need to be based in Limerick and she said that should be fine...I wasnt asked to pick top 3 or anything like that - as for me its really limerick or nothing

Because how I write a quick comment on a message board is an excellent representation of my spelling and grammer :rolleyes:

It sure is.

Someone close to me is waiting for news on a graduate position with AIB so I thought I'd check this thread out.

If the English of the people posting here is anything to go by, he's going to sail through :)

Best of luck to the rest of you though, you're going to need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

@quietriot, don't post crap like that again.

@malteaserxxx, use the report post button (report.gif), do not respond in kind.

You should be a bit more careful what you say when you have no idea who you are actually speaking to.
    No, but I can tell pretty quickly what I am addressing.
    Hardly a suitable way to judge somebody's intelligence and suitability for a job, reading their thread on a website. Wonder why aib bothered with the aptitude test could have saved themselves alot of money and just started a thread on here instead!!!

Apparently so. I certainly wouldn't even consider employing people writing in text speak or making sloppy, repetitive grammatical mistakes. It'd be a good way to weed out such people. Cost effective too :)

AIB likes to burn money though, as recent history has shown, so it's no surprise that they're using more costly methods.
    Nobody here needs your luck those who are successful will be on their own merits. Ha ha what an idiot!!!

Oh and I'm sure those merits are...remarkable :)

Again, the very best of luck.

EDIT: Moderator Eoin, I was writing this post as you wrote your own, I have no idea whether it falls within your parameters but just so it's known it wasn't intentionally put outside them. Thanks.

You should be a bit more careful what you say when you have no idea who you are actually speaking to. Hardly a suitable way to judge somebody's intelligence and suitability for a job, reading their thread on a website. Wonder why aib bothered with the aptitude test could have saved themselves alot of money and just started a thread on here instead!!! Nobody here needs your luck those who are successful will be on their own merits. Ha ha what an idiot!!!

well said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Spelling and grammar are important when applying for jobs etc, but the threads in this forum are not a job application or CV.

No more pedantry please.

Advertisement