Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

I got a suit today first time!!! :o I hopen there are a good few jobs going in cork If they are spending 3 days on interviews after what I read on this they seem to have been recruiting for the last few months wonder if that was because they are so selective or just standard of people wasn't good enough! Will be worrying if they start advertising again next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kaytee26

Amanda11 wrote: »
    my interview is wednesday at 10 in cork!!! who else is going that day??? anyone before me or am i first ughhh lol!!! hope i dont get too nervous!! eekkk

It says on the email interview wud be 30-40 mins????

to the girl with the 70 min interview...did u do the grain an silo aptitude test or the normal one???

I did the aptitude test for the branch role. I applied for both but my degree is in IT and not business or finance so I imagine that's why I wasn't considered. I don't mind too much as I was told there is scope for progression once your in which is what I aim to do. And in relation to the 70 mins - there were two interviewers and they asked a lot of thorough questions about my educational background and work experience. It felt more like a conversation though and they were very nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Never knew you could get your leaving like that!..manys the struggle to find it before!
    Deffo on the kitten heels..nervous enough not to mind trying to balance!:-D
    If anyone has been sent an analyst job spec would they mind posting it please to see if theres a difference between the jobs much?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dani404

Hey your 9 in cork yeah??? im 10 so looks like you wud be first!! Good luck will prob see you wen you come out:)
    Yeah i am wearing a dress jacket and kitten heals or something dont wana be wearin anything too high and trip or fall over on the way in hahahaha totally wud happen to me hahaha:D

Yeah thank god for this here so we can all compare the info we got!! seems a bit all over the place... I just hope i get a job and any job i dont care!!

Yeah you prob will... i'm so nervous for it really.. and there probably is no point.. kitten heels all the way... even though i hate the things i bought a pair today ha.. hour between interviews though....wish it wasn't on so early really .. did you apply for the bank official then? I don't think that interview will be too hard... well hopefully ha.. i'd say its all ques ton your education and work

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

I think reading this thread is makin me even more nervous..lol are all the girls wearing dresses so? Okay the second ye come up but it on boards what they asked so I'll no for four clock that evening.. Pretty please!! Can't wait to get it over And done with lik!! Any body no what kind of qu to ask at the end of the interview?

• Advertisement

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    I think reading this thread is makin me even more nervous..lol are all the girls wearing dresses so? Okay the second ye come up but it on boards what they asked so I'll no for four clock that evening.. Pretty please!! Can't wait to get it over And done with lik!! Any body no what kind of qu to ask at the end of the interview?

The girl in cpl told me to wear a suit so had yo get one hope it will be worth it! Have no idea what to ask afterwards they told me to have 3-4 questions prepared around aib :/

The girl in cpl told me to wear a suit so had yo get one hope it will be worth it! Have no idea what to ask afterwards they told me to have 3-4 questions prepared around aib :/

Great... I have to go find something to ask now feck sake!!!

i was going to ask her for some suggestions tomoro when she calls as im completely clueless so if she has anything il post here! it seems some people in cpl are alot more clued in and helpful than others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

Dani404 wrote: »
    Yeah you prob will... i'm so nervous for it really.. and there probably is no point.. kitten heels all the way... even though i hate the things i bought a pair today ha.. hour between interviews though....wish it wasn't on so early really .. did you apply for the bank official then? I don't think that interview will be too hard... well hopefully ha.. i'd say its all ques ton your education and work

ok thanks god someone is just as nervous as me the worst thing with me is u can hear it in my voice ughhh morto for me if that happens:eek:

Yeah i know all clothes an shoes were bought today haha!!! yup i applied for the bank offcial job did u???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 scolarda

Did the aptitude test last week, but only found out today I have an interview for tomorrow! I applied for the branch banking and got an interview for that on Thursday, but they rang back and apparently having reviewed my CV they're taking me forward for the 'Direct Channels' Graduate opportunity?! I'm so scared, I was fine with an interview for branch banking, and woulda had time to prepare for that. Anyone else interviewing for this?

ok thanks god someone is just as nervous as me the worst thing with me is u can hear it in my voice ughhh morto for me if that happens:eek:

Yeah i know all clothes an shoes were bought today haha!!! yup i applied for the bank offcial job did u???

ehm u can hear it in my voice too and i have a tendency to ramble off so im going to try an keep my answers to the point haha...ya same... bank official... we just need to stay positive cus obviously we can do it.. its not as if we are going for the credit analyst... then i would be very scared..

scolarda wrote: »
    Did the aptitude test last week, but only found out today I have an interview for tomorrow! I applied for the branch banking and got an interview for that on Thursday, but they rang back and apparently having reviewed my CV they're taking me forward for the 'Direct Channels' Graduate opportunity?! I'm so scared, I was fine with an interview for branch banking, and woulda had time to prepare for that. Anyone else interviewing for this?
    Good luck with tat... Never heard of that position! Let us no how u get on.. Gud luck!

I think reading this thread is makin me even more nervous..lol are all the girls wearing dresses so? Okay the second ye come up but it on boards what they asked so I'll no for four clock that evening.. Pretty please!! Can't wait to get it over And done with lik!! Any body no what kind of qu to ask at the end of the interview?[/QUOT

all the girls seem to be wearing dresses... yes guys i wish i didn't come across this thread either.. all i was doinG was researching aib and this popped up.... NERVES .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

Dani404 wrote: »
    I think reading this thread is makin me even more nervous..lol are all the girls wearing dresses so? Okay the second ye come up but it on boards what they asked so I'll no for four clock that evening.. Pretty please!! Can't wait to get it over And done with lik!! Any body no what kind of qu to ask at the end of the interview?[/QUOT

all the girls seem to be wearing dresses... yes guys i wish i didn't come across this thread either.. all i was doinG was researching aib and this popped up.... NERVES .........

No need to be nervous, we're all here for a reason we're all in the same situation :) Its good to bounce ideas off each other like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Lads I'm in 2nd year in college ATM would it be wise/unwise to apply for this in september or should wait till next year.

Lads I'm in 2nd year in college ATM would it be wise/unwise to apply for this in september or should wait till next year.

From what I've heard freeze4real, I think this is the last round of interviews and they won't be taking any more people on after this, as they are letting over 1,000 people go in the next few months. I could be wrong however, as there is a lot of confusion over this whole thing really! :confused:

It's almost d- day!!!!ahhhh!!!!!:( why are they lettin people go.. Yet hiring more? Surely it wud be cheaper to retrain employees than recuriting new ones?

It's almost d- day!!!!ahhhh!!!!!:( why are they lettin people go.. Yet hiring more? Surely it wud be cheaper to retrain employees than recuriting new ones?

Hi Orlaith88, from what I understand they are offering people who are "high up" in banks around the country retirement deals and are then recruiting from within for those higher positions, as well as hiring new staff (ie the likes of us all here) to replace those who replace the managers etc, nice little merry go round isn't it ha :) You all set? You'll be grand, good luck to you :)

Kind of!! Jus goin through some questions! Not entirely sure wat to say!! Think a woman from careers agency ringin me in de mornin ta go through the interview with me... feel see unprepared!!! :(

• Advertisement

Kind of!! Jus goin through some questions! Not entirely sure wat to say!! Think a woman from careers agency ringin me in de mornin ta go through the interview with me... feel see unprepared!!! :(

Nah don't be nervous, sure they're not there to shoot you down they just want to hear about you like. Plan a few answers to sample interview questions and then baffle them with bull for the rest of it :D

That's my prob... I'm shocking at bull**** Can't lie ta save my life:(

im the same orlaith... nerves kicking in now... are you nine tomoro??

does everybody kno alot about aib or banking???

Ye'll be fine, they're not in there to shoot us down or anything, good luck to ye both :)

I don't know a massive amount at all to be quite honest, I just looked over interview techniques and tried to memorize sample answers in my head ha, I don't think they'll expect us to know a whole pile of stuff like

Good luck tomoro hope it goes ok for ye :) I'm getting nervous already n I have to wait till Friday!!!

im the same orlaith... nerves kicking in now... are you at nine??

I'm on at four.. So that's why I need u write up how it went ASAP.. Ure at ten yeah? Im just tryin ta ans the prep questions can't be too far off the track if I no them half handy!!

haha no bothers i will try get on here before u go in!

ohhh nervous now like :O!!! yeah i am the same just practising those q an my cv run through thats it really!! fingers crossed for us now!!! :)

are you bring results of lc an college with u?

No I was only told passport.. And I've no idea wher my results are anyway!! Lol! Best of luck... Bed early and all tat!! :)

yeah i am same only bringing passport!! ohhh btw do you know ur cv off like dates and yrs an all that??

• Advertisement

Nope.. I don't go into tat much detail at al girl lol! Bad enuf tryin to remember the other stuff never mind de dates too....

Advertisement