Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazylamb

hey guys, i did the aptitude test(the morrisby-like one) before xmas, and i got teh job just there the other day, its for a branch banking role, i also thought it was fairly tricky and didnt get any of the tests finished but i got a good few done!
    dont give up hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazylamb

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Hi guys.. did any1 get a phone call today? I had a miss called from a blocked number this morning and this is the only thing i can think of that may be calling me on a blocked numb? They never rang back thou! prob took one look at my test and was lik WTF!!!! this one is thick stupid!! lol

id say theyll email you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

Thanks crazylamb, quality username by the way haha

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deedeemaher

I was just talking to CPL and I asked why were there two different tests, She told me the tests had to do with the different locations and also some aspect of the degree the candidate held.

Im guessing that I didn't get the grain test because they knew I would have been able to do it having a background in accounting and finance and also that the branch i have applied for didn't require the test

Dembo88 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know how many positions are on offer within AIB? And has anyone got the dreaded phone call yet? :(

I heard there are 50 jobs going nationwide but that most of them are based in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

I was just talking to CPL and I asked why were there two different tests, She told me the tests had to do with the different locations and also some aspect of the degree the candidate held.

Im guessing that I didn't get the grain test because they knew I would have been able to do it having a background in accounting and finance and also that the branch i have applied for didn't require the test

I emailed cpl the other day and they said that they didn't know about two diff test, I've a accounting and finance degree but I done the grain silo test, not sure what cpl are taking about, plus I was not givin a chance even to select a location , got job spec, for 16 jobs. First 6 months in Dublin cork Galway and then returned to local region

Im totally confused now because if CPL don't know whats going on there is no hope for us knowing :) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

Has anyone found out yet that they hav passed the silo/grain aptitude and been given an interview. Got no phone call or email yet

I did the other aptitude test dee man and got no call or email yet either. Very strange, you'd think they'd be letting people know by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

They said during the exam that it would be the end of the week when they would let people know if they were getting an interview, there is plenty time left in the week :D

• Advertisement

Ya strange enough alrite likr. Typical banks too slow to do things. More than likely tmor idsay.
    I emailed cpl there bout 30 mins ago and have heard nothing back fr them bout it.

How did that aptitude go for ya

Yeah true that Boscoirl, still a bit left to go haha :D To be honest dee man I felt that the numerical section was my best effort of the lot, and beforehand I thought it would be my weakest part. The general consensus amongst everyone afterwards was that it was pretty tough, so we'll see. Good luck with the grain/silo results I heard it was supposed to be shocking hard!

Dembo88 wrote: »
    Yeah true that Boscoirl, still a bit left to go haha :D To be honest dee man I felt that the numerical section was my best effort of the lot, and beforehand I thought it would be my weakest part. The general consensus amongst everyone afterwards was that it was pretty tough, so we'll see. Good luck with the grain/silo results I heard it was supposed to be shocking hard!

ahh atleast numerical went well anyway. Thats what they would mainly ve looking at the most idsay.

Ya it was leatal alrite. Shur it was an experiance anyway. Im not that confident on passing it. Era have to wait and see.

Best of look with urs aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

the girl from cpl was emailing me an said I would know hopefully by friday but to be on standby if i had to go dublin next tuesday! to be honest i have no idea how i got on in that exam lol i think i only finished one section rest had few questions unanswered! i travelled from cork and had to stay in hotel on mon night cause my test was at half 9 and wished cpl had told me there wud also be like hundreds more sittin it. The girl made it sound like u sit the test and u have a 1 in 2 chance of getting the job.. i highly doubt that with the number of people attended!!

So roll on tomorrow to see if we hear anything!

Which test did you sit Amanda11? Its all a bit up in the air really isn't it, I've not heard anything at all from them and I didn't apply through an agency or anything, I just forwarded a CV to the HR office in AIB when I heard there were positions going like. Roll on tomorrow is right, I haven't been able to get it out of my head since Tuesday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Yeah hopefully by tomorrow we will have heard something.... Hate all tis waiting ****!!! I heard that for anyone who sat the grain/silo test all positions were filled in cork (for any1 looking to do this in cork) and I would hav to put down Kerry as my second choice.... But they never said when/how to make this selection.....!

Ha Orlaith the irony of that, I'm Kerryman and I'd love to be offered the chance to work anywhere BUT Kerry! It would be my last choice! Nothing but depression and emigration around the county these days. We'll surely know by lunchtime tomorrow I presume, I don't see any reason why they would wait any longer to let people know? Good luck to ya by the way, I heard grain/silo was a tough test!

i sat the general abilities test... I found the end questions quite difficult alright like...glad i didnt have to do the grain silo one!! lol I didnt do finance in college at all, I studied politics so when saw it advertised on jobs.ie i sed i wud chance my arm of handing cv in!

The girl In the agency emailed me alright to see how i got on but havent heard anything else!

anyone hear where in cork the positions are for??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flyingpig

Im totally confused now because if CPL don't know whats going on there is no hope for us knowing :) lol

You're right to be confused deedee... I went through the exact same system as you. I passed the regular aptitude test before christmas (also, I didn't find out I passed until early January even though they said I'd know by the end of the week), and when I had another meeting with CPL after this I was told that there was 2 different positions available that I would be considered for in my interview. One was said to be "a more analytic role" and the other was basically cashier work. When I went for the interview with AIB it was clear that I was there for the position of a teller. From reading this thread its obvious that CPL didn't really know which candidates were going for which job. I wish I had been told what job I was going for because working as a cashier for 2 years does not appeal to me very much.

btw ... i didnt have to give choices of locations at all.. i just told her cork position is wat i was interested in that was it!! Its soo hard to get a job atm in cork unless u speak frickin german or have done IT in college ur screwed!!! :(:(

So fingers crossed with AIB lol

• Advertisement

Amanda11 wrote: »
    btw ... i didnt have to give choices of locations at all.. i just told her cork position is wat i was interested in that was it!! Its soo hard to get a job atm in cork unless u speak frickin german or have done IT in college ur screwed!!! :(:(

Just had an email from cpl telling me that they should know by tomorrow. As they should be getting the list to contact who passed.
    Jez i hav to say the banks are making it fairly impossible for educated ppl to work for them.
    Considering they hired ppl before with only leaving certs.
    It doesnt make since does it.

Amanda11 wrote: »

Just had an email from cpl telling me that they should know by tomorrow. As they should be getting the list to contact who passed.
    Jez i hav to say the banks are making it fairly impossible for educated ppl to work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

dee man wrote: »

Crazy isnt it. I remeber when i was in 6th year, the bank coming in and touting for school leavers to forget about college and come work for them. They werev really trying to sell it to ppl - this was about 9 years ago...times have really changed :(

closifer wrote: »
    dee man wrote: »

Crazy isnt it. I remeber when i was in 6th year, the bank coming in and touting for school leavers to forget about college and come work for them. They werev really trying to sell it to ppl - this was about 9 years ago...times have really changed :(

Well personally thats why the banks have got them selfs into so much trouble. The banks shud be delighted that current graduates from various professions wanting to work for them.
    What aptitude did u do?
    How did u find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Hey guys i did the grain/silo test on monday at half three aswell, and like most posters here i was dumbfounded at it!!! i had problems even understanding the example qs!!! from speaking to the recruiter she said that as we were applying for the analyst positions, that if we were unsuccessful at that, that we maybe considered for the entry level positions which pay 2 grand less, so there is hope there yet, she also told me that as there was a shortage of applicants for the kerry region that it would be in my benefit to put it as my preference which i did!! but i cant see for instance if every one that went for a preffered area failed, and now one wanted to work in that region. how would they go about sorting that one out?

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Hey guys i did the grain/silo test on monday at half three aswell, and like most posters here i was dumbfounded at it!!! i had problems even understanding the example qs!!! from speaking to the recruiter she said that as we were applying for the analyst positions, that if we were unsuccessful at that, that we maybe considered for the entry level positions which pay 2 grand less, so there is hope there yet, she also told me that as there was a shortage of applicants for the kerry region that it would be in my benefit to put it as my preference which i did!! but i cant see for instance if every one that went for a preffered area failed, and now one wanted to work in that region. how would they go about sorting that one out?

I know what u mean lad. It wad a.desaster. Ya i was told the same that if i didnt pass the silo one. Id be considered for the other one. But i was never given a choice of three. I was told just turn up for the aptitude in order to work for aib.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

wel because i did a business degree and a masters degree in business, she thought i would be suitable to the analytical role, i didnt really mind to be honest, i was just happy just to get the phonecall for the interview!!! id take anyjob theyd give me at this stage!!!

wel because i did a business degree and a masters degree in business, she thought i would be suitable to the analytical role, i didnt really mind to be honest, i was just happy just to get the phonecall for the interview!!! id take anyjob theyd give me at this stage!!!
    Ohh nialler did u get a.phone call today for an interview. So u passed the aptitude test so last monday.
    Ya i know what u mean i would take any job in the bank at this stage aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Nialler was it the aib recruiters that told you people that didnt get past the grain test might be considered for the cashier jobs or was it the recruitment agency?would prefer the cashier role really.just baffled as to how i ende up havin the grain test after applying for branch role but unlike others didnt have the general aptitude.might give aib a ring tomorrow to query it if i get a bad phonecall from recruit agency?!:-O

• Advertisement

lols25 wrote: »

Nialler was it the aib recruiters that told you people that didnt get past the grain test might be considered for the cashier jobs or was it the recruitment agency?would prefer the cashier role really.just baffled as to how i ende up havin the grain test after applying for branch role but unlike others didnt have the general aptitude.might give aib a ring tomorrow to query it if i get a bad phonecall from recruit agency?!:-O

Lols25 i was told the same and it was the recruiters that told me that today on the phone. Ya i would prefer the cashier job also.

Advertisement