Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

closifer wrote: »
    Im in at half three anyway. Apparently it will take about 90 mins.

Im in at half four , now slightly worried i got the time wrong tough....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

How did the apptitude go for everyone.
    Heard it was difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

dee man wrote: »
    How did the apptitude go for everyone.
    Heard it was difficult.
    Brutal hard I thought,especially verbal and some of the series sequences..how did every1 else find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

I done the test today at 3:30, there was no verbal or sequence. We had the grain and silo test! I was hard, Six sections, each one getting more difficult than the rest.

Did anyone else sit this time, how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deedeemaher

Le Henry wrote: »
    Brutal hard I thought,especially verbal and some of the series sequences..how did every1 else find it?

I didn't find it too bad, i only got a couple of them actually finished though.

I found the Numerical Part 2 was my worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

I didn't find it too bad, i only got a couple of them actually finished though.

I found the Numerical Part 2 was my worst.
    Really u got some sections finished?..dont think I completed any ..suppose abstract was not too bad but verbal was quite tough imo..

Really u got some sections finished?..dont think I completed any ..suppose abstract was not too bad but verbal was quite tough imo..

with the verbal I just made up the ones at the end because I wasn't able to pick out the two different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

phonkillaz wrote: »
    I done the test today at 3:30, there was no verbal or sequence. We had the grain and silo test! I was hard, Six sections, each one getting more difficult than the rest.

I did the grain and Silo one this evening @4.45, it was tough, only managed 23 questions, god knows how I got on,

I was expecting the multiple choice one, so was a bit shocked when I got the grain and silo, the first few min were taken up with getting my head around that.

I have no idea what I applied for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lollllly

Did the test today myself - i found it very difficult to be honest.
    Absolutely NOTHING like the samples by morrisby.com...
    I am confident of a fail - but a good experience ha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Boscoirl wrote: »

I did the grain and Silo one this evening @4.45, it was tough, only managed 23 questions, god knows how I got on,

I was expecting the multiple choice one, so was a bit shocked when I got the grain and silo, the first few min were taken up with getting my head around that.

I have no idea what I applied for :D

Likewise! I think the cashier positions were tested with morrisby before 3.30, and 3.30 onwards was the grain/silo test for analyst positions! I was so thrown off, recruiter sent link with morrisby to me, no mention of the other one so was utterly unprepared! I was also under the impression that I applied for the cashier stuff but apparently not! Lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

I had the 3.30 test also... It was brutal.. Jus guessed the las ten ans!!! No point leavin them blank I pose!!! not liking forward to the fone call!!! Certain I failed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pinklilyrose

Hi guys
    Hope you all did ok! I had multiple choice not the grain/silo test... Were they using different tests for different positions? Also does anyone have any info on the exact positions on offer??? I just applied for the branch banking role as advertised but have no more info!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

Hi guys
    Hope you all did ok! I had multiple choice not the grain/silo test... Were they using different tests for different positions? Also does anyone have any info on the exact positions on offer??? I just applied for the branch banking role as advertised but have no more info!!!

AIB are running two projects a high level graduate prog and and low level prog ( school leaving cert 400 points) the high level is about risk and credit managment! While the lower level is entry level. Cashier and customer service. I have graduated recently in a good high business degree, tho I applied for the lower project as I thought the grad programme would be too tough, cpl told me they would consider high level candadaites for both projects, I only manage 20 question, and even at that, I'm not sure the answer were correct, maybe the first ten.

Does anyone think their was a lot of information givin that was not required to answer questions.. ????

Hi
    I didn't know there was 2 programmes... I wonder what's the difference in the pay?? Do you know if both programmes have to do the qfa exams??

I didn't know there were two programmes either.

I am just after graduating from an Honours Degree in Finance but I did the General Abilities Test.

I wonder does the type of test you did depend on the branch you applied for...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

ya i really feel for yee guys, coz that grain test is ment to be leatal stuff. its defently not fair letting people go into a aptitude like that without knowing that yee are actually going doing that.

friend of mine is after emailing aileen from cpl recruitment about the silo grain aptitude.
    thats what i advise yee to do, email and complain about that if yee were told it was that, then yee could be prepared a hell of alot better like.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

AIB are running two projects a high level graduate prog and and low level prog ( school leaving cert 400 points) the high level is about risk and credit managment! While the lower level is entry level. Cashier and customer service. I have graduated recently in a good high business degree, tho I applied for the lower project as I thought the grad programme would be too tough, cpl told me they would consider high level candadaites for both projects, I only manage 20 question, and even at that, I'm not sure the answer were correct, maybe the first ten.

Does anyone think their was a lot of information givin that was not required to answer questions.. ????

I thought a lot of the extra information was pointless too but I had just put it down to me having missed something. God it was brutal! I left out a whole section in the middle and the last 2 questions so I answered 23. Out of those I doubt I got 10 right. I would have been happy with an entry level position which I had a real shot at. This just seems like a waste of time and money (train etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

I was in at 1.45 yesterday and I really don't know what to expect from it, I got most of the sections finished bar the verbal one which I actually thought was quite difficult! Will they be letting us know by phone even if we don't get an interview I wonder? I only applied for the branch banking role as I graduated last year with a completely unrelated degree, in Health and Fitness! Pretty nervous about getting the phone call, how did everyone else find it guys? I actually didn't think the numerical section was as difficult as I had predicted, thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

closifer wrote: »
    I thought a lot of the extra information was pointless too but I had just put it down to me having missed something. God it was brutal! I left out a whole section in the middle and the last 2 questions so I answered 23. Out of those I doubt I got 10 right. I would have been happy with an entry level position which I had a real shot at. This just seems like a waste of time and money (train etc)

same as me, was moving onto the last 2 sections, with only a few min left, saw that Q20-25, needed alot of information, so skipped them, didn't even look at them, moved on to the last section about the profit and loss on the contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Hi guys.. did any1 get a phone call today? I had a miss called from a blocked number this morning and this is the only thing i can think of that may be calling me on a blocked numb? They never rang back thou! prob took one look at my test and was lik WTF!!!! this one is thick stupid!! lol

• Advertisement

Thats gas Orlaith, I doubt they'd call from a blocked number though? :) They'll probably be calling people from the number of the HR office I'd say, wouldn't fret if I were you ha

The tests do seem really hard... I feel really sorry for those of you who have 2 travel miles :-(... Any1 know if both grad programmes have to do the qfa exams??? I have done the interview but heard nothin yet... I didn't know there was 2 programmes.. Has any1 gotten a job spec for either programme??

I only applied for the branch banking role so I presume that is all about cashier and customer service, no idea about the other one pinklilyrose sorry! You've already done an interview? Wow not bad, was it only recently or before Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

The tests do seem really hard... I feel really sorry for those of you who have 2 travel miles :-(... Any1 know if both grad programmes have to do the qfa exams??? I have done the interview but heard nothin yet... I didn't know there was 2 programmes.. Has any1 gotten a job spec for either programme??

Hi Pinklilrose , Heres the job spec i got ! Hope it helps ! :)
    GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES - Fixed Term Contracts (23 months)

Locations: Nationwide

Retail Banking is of key strategic importance to the future of Banking in Ireland and
    has a key role to play in supporting the recovery of the local and national economy,
    in particular through its support and development of the SME market.

A major Retail Bank is now seeking Business/Finance Graduates to work as part of its
    Retail Network.

The Key Responsibilities of all these positions will include:-

To maintain a strong relationship with existing clients through the provision
    of superior service.

To develop strong financial analysis/credit assessment skills and the ability
    to read and understand financial statements and management accounts, and
    prepare and deliver a meaningful account review process to our customers.

To develop the ability to prepare an objective and balanced credit
    proposition.

Play an active role in ensuring the business adheres to best in class standards
    in credit and risk management.

Identifying and developing new business opportunities.

Liaising closely with colleagues throughout the Business.

Successful Candidates:-
    We are looking for the successful candidates to take up these positions immediately
    and they will ideally possess the following:

A high level of interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral

An ability to think laterally and act creatively

An ability to work on own initiative and interact as part of a highly motivated
    team

An ability to work in a challenging, competitive and customer focused
    environment.

A career-focused individual with the ambition to develop and progress within
    Banking

Accountancy or Finance/Business Qualification (Minimum 2.1 degree)

All successful applicants will spend the first 3 months of their contract based in
    Dublin. Following this they may be relocated nationwide.

Thanks a mill for that!!! Hope we are all successful getting jobs.... Best of luck everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Hey Pinklilyrose,

Was the branch banking position you applied for was where the locations were nationwide and you had to chose top 3 locations?
    So annoyed after getting the grain and silo test yesterday..I applied for the branch banking too..you think it would make sense that i'd have the same aptitude test as you!

I'm beginning to suspect a complete mix up was made on the recruitment agency side..giving incorrect times for different people!:(

I was emailed a slightly different spec for the job

This is what I got:

Branch Banking Bank official OPPORTUNITIES Fixed Term Contracts (23 months)

Locations: Majority Based in Dublin (may be some positions in the surrounding areas) Salary Range; 23,883 to €30,331 depending on experience.

Branch Banking is of key strategic importance to the future of Banking in Ireland and has a key role to play in supporting the recovery of the local and national economy, in particular through its support and development of the SME market.

Due to significant attrition in the Branch Network, we are now seeking to recruit additional staff within branch banking to support the recovery of our business.

The Key Responsibilities of all these positions will include:

§ To maintain a strong relationship with existing clients through the provision of superior service.

§ Play an active role in ensuring the business adheres to best in class service to our customer base.

§ Identifying and developing new business opportunities.

§ Support colleagues and customers in the development of the business at branch level.

Successful Candidates:-

We are looking for the successful candidates to take up these positions from beginning of 2012 and they will ideally possess the following:

§ An ability to work in a challenging, competitive and customer focused environment.

§ A career-focused individual with the ambition to develop and progress within Banking § A high level of interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral § An ability to work on own initiative and interact as part of a highly motivated team § The minimum educational requirement for these positions is a Leaving Certificate with 400 points including a pass in English and Maths or 3rd Level Degree

§ Successful candidates will be expected to complete the QFA Loans and the QFA Regulation within a specified timeframe and this will be a condition of employment.

Deedeemaher I got the same job spec as you!! Lols I applied to an ad for "Dublin branch banking roles" as I live in Dublin... No other locations were mentioned and I didn't have to give top 3 locations..,. Wonder if there's actually much difference between the 2 job specs in the end???.... And Deedeemaher you are totally right we should have all got the same test... It's really unfair... As far as I was aware the grain test was always used for corporate markets programmes

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Deedeemaher I got the same job spec as you!! Lols I applied to an ad for "Dublin branch banking roles" as I live in Dublin... No other locations were mentioned and I didn't have to give top 3 locations..,. Wonder if there's actually much difference between the 2 job specs in the end???.... And Deedeemaher you are totally right we should have all got the same test... It's really unfair... As far as I was aware the grain test was always used for corporate markets programmes

Thanks pinklilyrose,maybe the dub jobs were filled before i applied last week so was given the other locations instead!..was never emailed a job description but was told over the phone it would involve cashier and back office work...disheartening to think a great opp could be gone on having wrong test.

• Advertisement

Does anyone actually know how many positions are on offer within AIB? And has anyone got the dreaded phone call yet? :(

Advertisement