Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I heard a woman talking on the phone about little Skylar. It was even worse when I realised that Skylar was a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I was once served in McDonalds by a lad who had the name Thadeus on his name badge.

There is a little girl who lives near me who is called Chardonnay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Shaneese

A former neighbour of mine called her kid that. Just sounds like a name you would give your child if she was from an African background. It doesn't belong to a pasty white Irish child. Hate when parents go over the top to give their kid a "unique" name.

Every day until the child was around 5 when the family moved you would hear the following sentences from my bedroom.

"Shaneese your dinners ready"
    "Shaneese, Bed time"
    Mother roars like something from The Exorcist "Shaneese, GET UP THEM STAIRS NOOOOOOOOW!"

That name and her mother done my head in!

The child was lovely though, very well mannered. I'd change her name if I could, it annoys me that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

vixdname wrote: »
    There was a fella I worked with and his name was spelled "Aodnis" which is actually pronounced "Anus", when he got old enough, he changed his name by deed poll to....Wait for it............"JOE"

My name is Joe and I endorse this decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Camillus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I heard a woman talking on the phone about little Skylar. It was even worse when I realised that Skylar was a girl.

Character from Breaking Bad. Seems to be popular this year. Also Jesse from the series for a boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Character from Breaking Bad. Seems to be popular this year. Also Jesse from the series for a boy.

This child seemed to be a few years old, from the conversation I was eavesdropping on. Shockin' name all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

George Foreman called all his five sons, wait for it......George & one of his daughters Georgetta

George Foreman called all his five sons, wait for it......George & one of his daughters Georgetta

That was because he was afraid of brain damage in the ring and figured that if the worst happened he'd at least be able to remember his own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Blanket

Aonas(pronounced "anus")

Heavenly Hiranii Tiger Lily(daughter of Michael Hutchence)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but there is a McDonagh family in Tyrone with a Beyonce and a Hannah Montana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Troy. real baby, real sh!t name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

dulpit wrote: »
    Trafford. His dad is naturally a Man United fan...

I really hate this. Mate of mine, his brother in law has a hoard of kids, all named after Manure players. Wife gave birth to number 6 or 7 there last summer, so he got named Robin. Pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

A woman in my town has 3 daughters. Destiny, Trinity and Honey-Louise.

Any parent inflicting a name like those should have their children taken off them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Why name your kids after a football player? If the player moves to an opposing team, will you hate the child?

Although my dad DID want to name my brother Kevin when he was born, after Kevin Hunt. Mam rather quickly talked him out of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

To be fair, what other people call their children is none of our fcuking business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I met a guy who told me that he named his eldest son, Cullen, after Cuchullain - the mythical gaelic warrior.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that in the story, Cullen was the owner of the hound that Setanta slew.

Setanta had to replace the hound, and thus became known as the hound of Cullen (Cu - Chullain) from then on.

Make sure to research the names a little before going to the registry office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Legolas.

fair enough it sounded grand in Lord of the Rings but in 'real life'? Nah. Just plain ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

SamAK wrote: »
    To be fair, what other people call their children is none of our fcuking business.

Tell that to Adolf McCarthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Shakira.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

SamAK wrote: »

It is when they are screeching it at the top of their lungs on a confined, packed carriage of the LUAS. Preceded by an "Ah Jaysis" and followed by "I'll bleedin' bate ya!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

The Will of God.

First name.

A 10 yr old boy.

I s**t you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Bodhran

Mother on bus speaking to her child: "Wivonney. Take your feet off the seats"
    Fellow passenger: "What an unusual name. How do you spell it?"
    Mother: "Y V O N N E"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Batsheeba. No word of a lie.

Hassan was another one. Which was only unusual because the yongfella was a ginger Scottish kid whose parents had converted to Islam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

there was a "CLAMIDIA" got on the no. 40 bus with her darling mother this morning. thought of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Also another beaut; I know a fella from Togher in Cork who met a Maori woman while building out in Australia.

They now have a child called Tamarange Murphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Deneka

Actually most names ending with an eka or ika. They tend to be chosen by scumbags and our nomadic brethren, who for some bizarre reason, think that they are classy names:D

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    This child seemed to be a few years old, from the conversation I was eavesdropping on. Shockin' name all the same.

I actually like the name Skyler for a girl. :o Though everyone would associate it with Breaking Bad now.
    FTA69 wrote: »
    Also another beaut; I know a fella from Togher in Cork who met a Maori woman while building out in Australia.

They now have a child called Tamarange Murphy.

Boy or girl? If it's a girl she could get away with being called Tammy. Not sure how you'd shorten it for a boy though.

I can't think of too many awful names off hand. I met a girl called Map once, and apparently it wasn't short for anything and wasn't a nickname. I don't necessarily think it's a bad name but it's certainly a weird one.

Cousin of mine has a daughter called Rianna but she was born before the singer ever became famous. They might be regretting that name choice now! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 CollyFowler

I know a Rhonda and an Alvin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I met a Senga from Kilmarnock once. Odd name I thought, until it was explained to me that there was a huge amount of girls named Agnes and it became too common, so to make it a bit exotic, it got reversed.

Advertisement