Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

al28283 wrote: »
    Angus, Keith, or Deirdre

"Put Kettle on Deirdre"

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Ninap

I know a strange woman who called her child Gordion (as in the knot)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

four18 wrote: »
    NEADUS CALLUS

I used to deal with this guy, He owns an alarm company, Nice guy but what were his parents thinking ?:( And He is 100% Irish !

That's the name of his company, not his name .I know him and his family well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Worst I heard was a lil boy called Uisce!!!:eek::eek:

Its not even a name!! Plus it's naming them their child after the wrong form of Matter for feck sake. should have called them Carraig- at least it is a solid not a liquid..
    Hopefully it is some sort of nickname- but it was the mother introducing him to another mother so doubt she'd give a nickname.. poor kid

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

There's a story in the book Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen j Dubner concerning a family in Brooklyn who had several children, of which the last 2 were called Winner and Loser:eek::eek:
    Ironically, (or maybe not) Winner has a record as long as your arm,while Loser is a sergeant in the NYPD. (See pages 163-165)

AA Gill in an article a few years ago when discussing crap names did some research and found that in 2007, there were 6 children in the New York Metroplitan Area given the name Unique , while only one was given the name Uneek........

daithi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

Maybe my own.
    I'm afraid to look back and see is it on this list :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I'm hard pressed to think past Blanket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Chuck was taken

Jed Exodus - Any Lee Evans fans will know what I'm talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Mingus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Mingus.

Fúck. Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

daithi1970 wrote: »
    There's a story in the book Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen j Dubner concerning a family in Brooklyn who had several children, of which the last 2 were called Winner and Loser:eek::eek:
    Ironically, (or maybe not) Winner has a record as long as your arm,while Loser is a sergeant in the NYPD. (See pages 163-165)

AA Gill in an article a few years ago when discussing crap names did some research and found that in 2007, there were 6 children in the New York Metroplitan Area given the name Unique , while only one was given the name Uneek........

daithi

unique & his sister monique!......nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

romavita
    apparently parents got married in rome and she was told she could not conceive but did hence vita for life. surname was o'leary or similar.
    there is a little 4yr old tiger in naas area too, poor kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

About 30 years ago I met a 16 year old who had twins called them JR and Sue Ellen!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭luvnit!

44leto wrote: »
    All the stupid Gaelic names

ANY of them

Whats wrong with irish names???

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

There were 3 girls in my son's primary school class (a while back and not in Ireland) named after US states although no american connection in any of the families;
    Georgia
    Montana
    Tennessee
    There was also a Paris in his class, cant remember but I think that was a boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

My mate's nephew is called Ace. Now if his second name was Power it would be pretty badass.

But it's not.. it's Fitzsimons.

Ace ****ing Fitzsimons. Lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Pissmire

Cedric, Oilean (island I think) Cecil.

Maybe mentioned already...sorry 34 pages, life's just too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

One name which mad me cringe when I heard it was a poor girl who was named Chardonnay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Blue Ivy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Just getting back to the OP...'Isis' is a media production programme, it's on my desktop and I use it every day.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/family/ISIS-Unity

Actually the full name is 'Avid Isis 5000', maybe the parents should have gone with that, has a better ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

beks101 wrote: »
    Just getting back to the OP...'Isis' is a media production programme, it's on my desktop and I use it every day.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/family/ISIS-Unity

Actually the full name is 'Avid Isis 5000', maybe the parents should have gone with that, has a better ring to it.

Ah... It all makes sense now.

In other news, a colleague just told me she has a grandson name Blaide

/shivers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bear Gryllss two kids are called Marmaduke and Huckleberry. Its a sure way to make sure they grow up to hate you I suppose.

David Bowie named his son Zowie Bowie. The poor chap had to change it himself to Duncan Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Meadow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Meadow

Even Meadow Soprano? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

dulpit wrote: »
    Even Meadow Soprano? :cool:

Hot or not, her name is still fcuking stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Hot or not, her name is still fcuking stupid.

Wouldn't be saying that if you got the roide off her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Mercedes.

True story. ANd the surname was a boring old O'[something]

Ruddiger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

Bud, although I've never met anyone named bud, I've just heard it mentioned in passing. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Also heard Meadow this morning. Madness!

Advertisement