Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Used to work with a guy and his sister called her daughter 'Chardonnay'.
    Even he used to say 'what the fvck is next, Pinot Grigio?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Brothers called Beau & Jayden....UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

twins, Princess & Diana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ziggy star dust

Reading a magazine the other day and some fool called her little boy Joop after the aftershave and her little girl DKNY!
    Made me laugh but felt so sorry for those poor kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

ElleEm wrote: »
    The Irish boy's name is Fiacra.
    The toothpaste is Fiacla, which means teeth in Irish!

Too close to Faecal for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Sala wrote: »
    Mercedes.

True story. ANd the surname was a boring old O'[something]
    A common Spanish name, as it happens.
    The cars were called after the daughter of a man who was involved in the company in its early years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler-Benz - apparently one of the conditions was that the name Mercedes was incorporated!!!
    Reading a magazine the other day and some fool called her little boy Joop after the aftershave and her little girl DKNY!
    Made me laugh but felt so sorry for those poor kids.
    Joop is actually a Dutch man's name.
    I knew a Joop once, he was a really nice guy.
    I'd feel sorry for the girl, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Tombo2000

Cornelius - seriously, I know a Cornelius! Thats an awful name to be saddled with!

here's a fact for you, actual fact. in the 1906 census in ireland, Cornelius was the number one name for boys in the county of Kerry.

reason being......parents liked to call their kids by gaelic names. At the time, and still, Conor was a very popular name in Kerry.

but it was considered improper to put the gaelic name on the birth certificate. so instead they wrote down the english version of the gaelic name. And Cornelius is the english version of Conor, or was then.

Similarly, there were no Sean's in the 1906 census, only Johns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A child who used to come into work and his name was Bosco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

A child who used to come into work and his name was Bosco.

Do you work in RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Zachery, Zola, Zeta and Zane.....four siblings i grew up with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

there was a Tia-Maria (hyphenated..please note) at my daughter's old school in the UK...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭luvnit!

there was a Tia-Maria (hyphenated..please note) at my daughter's old school in the UK...

Maybe they conceived their daughter after a feed of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jude_2010

Jude is such a terrible name..
    oh and please dont post that stupid song by The Beatles as a reply to this >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Tombo2000 wrote: »
    here's a fact for you, actual fact. in the 1906 census in ireland, Cornelius was the number one name for boys in the county of Kerry.

reason being......parents liked to call their kids by gaelic names. At the time, and still, Conor was a very popular name in Kerry.

but it was considered improper to put the gaelic name on the birth certificate. so instead they wrote down the english version of the gaelic name. And Cornelius is the english version of Conor, or was then.

Similarly, there were no Sean's in the 1906 census, only Johns.

There were no names at all in the 1906 census for the simple reason that there was NO census in Ireland that year. 1901 and 1911 were the census years and both of them are online.

Cedrus wrote: »
    There were no names at all in the 1906 census for the simple reason that there was NO census in Ireland that year. 1901 and 1911 were the census years and both of them are online.

1901 ......1906.......does it make any difference to the point I made?

Gawd almighty.......

I wonder did anyone call her by the english version of her name......Auntie Mary.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Africa. Called so because the child was black. For reals.

Also, a friend of mine used to work in a shop and a knacker came in with her child, my friend asked her what the name of the child was, she said Fi-Maaal-Eee (pronunciation). When asked why, she said "because that was the name on the tag at the hospital and I kept it". It said female on the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Carphone Warehouse.

They don't sell carphones.
    They're not a warehouse.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In Superquinn the other day, 'Mummy' was calling her child over ...

"Frank come here".

No response

"Frank come here".

[Stern voice]
    "FRANKFURT!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Dick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Holy poop- I started a 36 pager! Proudest moment of my otherwise lacklustre life...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Maybe it's due to my interest in Egyptian culture and history, but I personally like the name Isis, wouldn't name my child that, but it's not too bad, I've heard way worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Maybe it's due to my interest in Egyptian culture and history, but I personally like the name Isis, wouldn't name my child that, but it's not too bad, I've heard way worse.

Sounds like a name for an insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The only name I thought "God, that's unfortunate" is a cousin called Concepta. Although I did go to school with a guy called Dilwyn. Honorable mention must go to a friend whose middle name is Tempest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Ulysses.

seriously...

Ulysses....

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gdawg87

Concepta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

There was a girl called Banner in my class at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Old lady neighbour of ours, called Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Young lad called Thierry, after the arsenal striker:rolleyes:"...trouble is he lives in South Tipperary so it ain't pronounced with the same panache as they do in France!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I knew two brothers who lived near Swansea called Thor and Odin.
    They would be in their early forties now.

Advertisement