Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

FTA69 wrote: »
    Batsheeba. No word of a lie.

Bathsheba? Or were they spelling it they way you did? Eeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I know of a boy with a first name of Cornelius and a middle name of Tayto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Bathsheba? Or were they spelling it they way you did? Eeek!

I don't know. It's a bit silly regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Demelza.

FTA69 wrote: »
    I don't know. It's a bit silly regardless.

Tough one for a child in school to pull off alright but I always associate it with Julie Christie in Far from the Madding Crowd. When you are that good looking you can get away with any name.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Demelza.

I actually like that name! I think it was popular for a while in the late 70's and 80's because of the programme Poldark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Maximas Horatio Seamus Bennieandthe Jets

(ok...it's a name from American Dad)

I know a kid named Stanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Anakin ( in real life, not while watching Star Wars).

Carbera.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My dads middle name is Aloysius pronounced allawishus

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

My dads middle name is Aloysius pronounced allawishus

Solid name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Anyone with the surname Hunt must, by law, be called Isaac.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

I work in retail so heard a few good ones. Top 3 are Aviva, John-Christoff and Stewy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Anyone with the surname Hunt must, by law, be called Isaac.

Or Mike 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I remember someone on boards started a thread about wanting to call her child India but she wanted to double-barrel it with another name so it would be something like India-May or India-Jane and was looking for suggestions. I think India Telephone Exchange, India Takeaway and India-Najones were the most thanked offerings but I don't think they were really appreciated by the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I remember someone on boards started a thread about wanting to call her child India but she wanted to double-barrel it with another name so it would be something like India-May or India-Jane and was looking for suggestions. I think India Telephone Exchange, India Takeaway and India-Najones were the most thanked offerings but I don't think they were really appreciated by the OP.

In fairness,what did the OP expect??
    "India"....I mean f.f.s....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Seasan wrote: »
    In fairness,what did the OP expect??
    "India"....I mean f.f.s....

My mind did fail me a bit in terms of some of the names but here is the original thread. I found it quite funny reading at the time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77196722

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

A woman in my town has 3 daughters. Destiny, Trinity and Honey-Louise.

Any parent inflicting a name like those should have their children taken off them.

Also the "names" Faith,Hope,Charity,Empathy,Patience etc.etc.etc.
    I know someone who gave the second "name" I mentioned to her child-obviously that child is going to get a hard time in school thanks to her mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

The lies in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

A friend of mine's Mum is a midwife at Cavan Hospital and he told me that some woman named her new born twins Excel and Excieedingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

I was in school with a girl called Fiona-Anne Trent. To get away with your initials spelling that, you'd have to be a stick insect, and unfortunately she was far from one. Parents may like a particular name, but they really should read whether or not the initials spell something unintended that could cause the child torment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/son-of-developer-dunne-ties-the-knot-in-clane-26852761.html

Nivek, her Dad's name was Kevin so they reversed it to name their daughter.

A guest on dr phil this morning was called Siohvaughn

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1994/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Gobnait, Oisin, Odhran, Aifric, Caoimhe, Naoise...
    Why would you do that to your children, I went to a Gael Scoil and all those names existed in my class. Pretentious posh parents are to blame thinking they're part of some mystical Irish cultural renaissance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Twins called Benson and Hedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aeneas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Why would you do that to your children, I went to a Gael Scoil and all those names existed in my class. Pretentious posh parents are to blame thinking they're part of some mystical Irish cultural renaissance.

Aw I think caoimhe is a lovely name

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

Or just normal parents who like Irish names and/or wanted to honour their Irish heritage (continued by sending their child to a Gael Scoil)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

bluewolf wrote: »
    Aw I think caoimhe is a lovely name

Not when your surname is Jawlee-Goodfellow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Michael Jackson's brother, Jermaine, named his son Jermajesty.

Best. Name. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Or just normal parents who like Irish names and/or wanted to honour their Irish heritage (continued by sending their child to a Gael Scoil)...

Doesn't stop them from being f**king horrible

Advertisement