Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Blathnaid.....Ugliest name ever created!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Twin sisters called Ulick and Ilick

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

I was coaching soccer in a place in Utah last summer. They were big into their college football team there, the Bingham Young Cougars.

So we have to write the names of each kid on the soccer ball, we give them at the start of camp. One comes up to me, I ask him his name.

...''Cougar''

Didn't realise he was serious. Almost reported his parents for child cruelty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Someone I worked with called her child Jupiter, and the surname is Jones.

Jupiter Jones. What a stupid fuking name.

Could be worse - Ulick Uranus for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ubuntu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Scartbeg wrote: »
    A 5 year old in my child's class is named Sadhbh - what a curse. Guaranteed she'll change it to "Sally" or something more pronouncable as soon as she has to deal with people in the real world.

That's not an unusual name, there's loads of girls called Sadhbh.

I hate when people complain about Irish names.

A woman up the road called her son Brooklyn and her daughter Posh. I wish it wasn't true!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Lovelyboy

The opinions on here are very varied...I tend to like Irish names as they're specific to our country. Names mentioned here like Tristan, Keith, Deirdre, Eithne and Angus are all Celtic names and I think they're all grand... my brother-in-law is Keith and he was named after Keith Moon from The Who which is pretty cool I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

My brothers middle name is Clint. I always thought that was pretty unfortunate.

I personally think the worst name going is Vogue. Why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

When I was living in America I knew a girl called Chaste-lynn (pronounced how it looks) whose dad was a pastor. From what I knew of her she wasn't waiting til her wedding night if you know what I mean, much as I'm sure her dad hoped she was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Sh*t name incoming!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0108/beyonce.html

Maybe... Caesarean Lenox?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Sean, Jack, Emma or Sarah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

If your Irish you should have an Irish name. Foreign names are inferior. You don't see many French people with english or german names, or Italians with non-Italian names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Traonach wrote: »
    If your Irish you should have an Irish name. Foreign names are inferior. You don't see many French people with english or german names, or Italians with non-Italian names.

We speak English though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

Paparazzo wrote: »
    We speak English though
    Would the majority of Irish people not be able to pronounce names like Seán, Aoife, Tomás etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Would the majority of Irish people not be able to pronounce names like Seán, Aoife, Tomás etc?

So we should have names that were invented in Ireland or we should use only use foreign names if they are translated into Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Paparazzo wrote: »

We speak English though
    I know a Mexican in America called Jesus. Pronounced "Heysue"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

That muppett from Westlife calling his baby Koa.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

I have a friend called ebony.. She's as pale as Robert Pattinson..

But I do agree with all the people saying Britney, Rhianna and Beyonce, I've heard them too and my skin crawled..

Could be worse though, I have a cousin back in Italy and she was named "Azzurra".. Sounds exotic, right? They basically called her "Blue"... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

school days -
    regina - forever remembered as vagina
    eileen - forever remembered as girl with one leg
    noleen - forever remembered as girl with no legs

and everyone laughed every time...
    cruel..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sadhbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

Pan-head McGinty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Hugo.... Thats just mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

LordSutch wrote: »
    Sadhbh

:confused: really?? i think thats a beautiful name.

Its the stupid armerican/british popstar baby names that do my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Theodora for a girl, double barreled first name too which adds up to 15 letters, 5 names in total (including surname) for the complete name.

Other names I know of,
    Alicia-keys Dunne (named in '04)
    Shaniqua,
    kasey,
    Tristan,
    Boy called Kevin-keith Kelly (some serious initials!) parents couldn't decide on first name.
    A baby officially called Brenner! Why not call him Brendan and let him have some hope!

Some names I like,
    Brazilian family member is called juyno,
    Cora and Leila, Not because of futurama either!

Knew a guy called usher before the singer came about,gone off it now though.

I like Irish names too, not all of them are suited to kids and can be a task in itself for the kids to spell when young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

There used to be a Garda I knew who was named Anselm.

I can't even say it, I think everyone just called him Aslem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Not strictly true. Lots of the french names are interchangeable between English and French (Thomas, Nathan, etc) and Enzo has been in the top 10 boys names for the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Heard me family talking about a local girl named Crystal before........... all well and good but her surnames Ball :pac:

Imagine that at school!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Not a first name, but..

My brother once dated a girl whose surname was Dick. Her father was a doctor, Dr. Dick. True fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

There's a chap by the name of richard smallhorne In the midlands, WTF were his parents thinking ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I recently read that Chardonnay is a fashionable name in some circles in the UK these days...
    Seriously, why would you name the kid after hat helped conceive it???
    And how long before someone tries to name his/her child Rohypnol?

Advertisement