Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Just back from Limk maternity, had our growth scan, baby little on the small side they reckon she will be six odd lbs when born, shes 3lbs 5 at the moment. Got my date for my section, 20 August please god. The clinic was roasting and v packed.

I have been having terrible nights sleep lately only getting about four hours and Im wide awake and bored.

also swelling up due to the heat,
    Cant wait for school to finish on Friday , going to collect my daughter and the same women keep asking me every couple of days "how long more to go? Not long now, I feel im dissapointing them that I'm still preg ha !
    craving roast dinner today so think I;ll make chicken and roasties with all the trimmings yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

no, i was only working part time but gave up two weeks ago. Ye its so much fun trying to pull myself out of pool alright :-) ha ha.. Ye my gp is great, my consultant in the hospital is the opposite. Nearly tries to convince me i've lost the plot if i try telling him i've something wrong!!i've been with him yrars, he bugs me but i find him to be a brilliant doctor!
    Is everyone going to take arnica tablets or have u thought anything about it?
    Baby is giving me good big prods today... Nearly gone by the point of nice little kicks, full blown boxes i'm getting :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Have the soothers bought and ready to go in bag, what swung it for me was that they help prevent SIDS, I have the orthodontic ones and the normal shape ones like the bottle teats because my friends little one wouldnt take the ortho ones because they werent shaped like the bottle teat!!!! but think babies are more willing to give up the ortho ones at a young age , my nephew (5 in sept) still loves his dodie!!!! and blankie!!!!, what are arnica tablets???

arnica is very good for healing and if taken after baby is born whether section or not, taking the tabs basically heal u from the inside out! I'm gonna talk to doc about them tomor to see what strength etc to buy and will def be giving them a go! Friends of mine would swear by them after birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Re the arnica, you can get them in most health shops but they are only 35cc. You need the good stuff, 200cc to make a difference, you take them 3 times a day. You can get them in a place in Dublin called Nelsons, but they are closing down, but as far as I know they have an online store and they deliver to Ireland.

http://www.nelsonshomeopathy.com/

• Advertisement

thanks f
    or that Ssfg...i must look them up online and see! But definitely want to get them, anything that speeds up recovery will be good!
    Jesus i'm all over the place today, i'm lik a walking hormone!! Cant stop crying, it started off this morn that i cried watching jeremy bloody kyle... Did ya ever hear the like?? Crying watching that sh*t and then crying since at silly stuff :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I was feeling crap earlier thought I was going to be sick. And I have difficulty watching them damn alzheimers ads they get me every time!

think we'll all be glad to get back to ourselves after this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i think i have forgotten what its like to be normal although my oh would prob say were you ever normal haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I hadnt heard of the arnica tablets til my antenatal classes and the midwife said the hospital doesnt recommend taking them. But id rather research them and decide for myself than take everything they say as gospel.
    Oh yeah I found maternity pads with wings today- in mothercare pack of 24 for 5.49.
    Anyone else dying of the heat today? Its sooo humid :(

• Advertisement

i hear ya october... The heat is horrible! I wish the sun would come out or else just cool down!
    I had heard of them before but only until friends started recommending them and also i was goin to take them last year after surgery but i forgot :-)
    i am full sure there was a memo sent around to everyone today telling them to piss me off! Seriously, i cant handle these hormones anymore :-( :-(
    another baby on route in july thread i think :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hi everyone, back from our few days break in Kilarney. Catching up on comments. It's so nice to see other people are experiencing all the same things!
    I had three terrible nights sleep, I couldn't get comfortable. Wonder if I am used to the memory foam mattress??We will see tonight. I have started to swell the past few days, I think its the heat but will keep an eye. Anyone else having loads of Braxton Hicks? I am getting them all the time now. Some are painful. Have hospital appointment on Monday so I will mention it to them.
    Regarding the dodies, I would have one in the bag anyway. My first son was a "suckie" baby, so the midwife said. I had no dodie with me OH went on a wild gooses chase around Clonmel late at night in the floods looking for one and came back with a huge Maggie Simpson one lol. I had one in the bag for second son and he had no interest!
    The midwife who delivered my first son sent OH off again to get the arnica. Its natural apparently and works wonders! And tea tree oil too for the bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Right, more to add to my shopping list, arnica and soothers. After hearing that about the sids ill see if bab likes them.

Had my gtt test today it wasn't. Too bad. My iron levels are good 12 so im happy bout that.

It seems like were all doing well apart from the usual aches and pains . Go us!!!

Tisandy how many weeks are you. The consultant my and was 3,6 at 31 weeks also a lot of amniotic fluid Around bab. What would that mean?

Betsie are you enjoying your time off?
    Is everyone still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

pushkii wrote: »
    Right, more to add to my shopping list, arnica and soothers. After hearing that about the sids ill see if bab likes them.

Had my gtt test today it wasn't. Too bad. My iron levels are good 12 so im happy bout that.

It seems like were all doing well apart from the usual aches and pains . Go us!!!

Tisandy how many weeks are you. The consultant my and was 3,6 at 31 weeks also a lot of amniotic fluid Around bab. What would that mean?

Betsie are you enjoying your time off?
    Is everyone still working?

Pushki Im 31+4 weeks, I was thinking last night would it mean I had lots of fluid as well because my bump is by no means small. I only think of these questions when I get home.

Im under Dr Slevin and he said this is an petite baby and just means she may be smaller at birth, my first daughter was 7Lbs 12 and he reckons this one will be 6lbs odd. He said its just they are used to bigger babies these days so when they see a smaller one its unusual.

All my sisters babies were 6lbs odd and she said they made a fuss of her first pregnancy with extra growth scans and she reckons its a bit of an over reaction.
    She knows two girls who at this stage were told baby was at small side and her sis in law at 31 weeks rang her in tears after her scan saying she was having a "Monster " baby was 5lbs 11. All babys born fine.

Cant help but worry though. but not going to google it as i will just get paraniod.
    Hayfever has me in bits, Anyone know what is safe to take and works?

the heat yesterday killed me and i can feel today will be the same, my rings are getting tight on me :( i had to take them off me yesterday. i really hope saturday is a bit cooler and i know my friend is prob praying for it to be lovely and sunny but if its too hot ill be miserable and cranky haha :)

i am enjoying not being in work but i do think that i will get a bit board soon, with the fact im resting more im noticing baby move alot more which is really really nice :)

i had not heard of arnica tablets before, i had heard of the cream alright we used to use it on kids in the creche when they fell and got a bruises

kiniori glad you had a nice few days away in killarney :) nothing like a break away, as for the braxton hicks im getting a good few every every day, but they are not really hurting, should they be????

3rd baby on the july thread :-)

Ya tisandy that's what my consultant said too that most babies are big nowadays. i was so upset about hearing baby was a little small but she's in proportion and as im kinda small to she's the right size for me:-)
    i got sick twice last night in my sleep, well i woke up when i was getting sick. Seems like baby wants all the room inside me for herself!!
    I hate this muggy weather too, just wish the sun would pop out!

Gee_G wrote: »
    3rd baby on the july thread :-)

thats baby no 4 on july

i was finding it a bit difficult to breath while lying in bed last night too i have to prop myself up with a load of pillows so i was sitting up so i could sleep,

Wow they're flying out!!!
    I just googled polyhydramios (sp?) there now im really freaked out :(

i think google should be banned for pregnant women :) i had to stop looking at it coz everything i looked up i convinced myself that i had it :)

• Advertisement

oh that's number 4?? Sure they're flying!
    Had app with gp this morn, all is good, head down again!

they are flat out really, makes me think that it will be us next :)

delighted that everything went well with gp Gee G :)

anyone any idea how many breast pads we need to get? i have no idea???

i only got one pack, think there's 20 in it. Got the avent one's as that was all they had in supermarket i went to. I figure 20 should get me over the hospital anyway :-) my mam was laughing at me buying them...... "We didn't have them in my day ":-):-) she's gas!

haha my mother said that too they are unreal :):) im just going to stick with the one pack too and if i need more ill send someone to get them, im not going to worry about anything elsse really if i dont have it, ill get someone to get it :)

your dead right! Once ya have the necessities the rest will be ok! God the heat is unreal again today, nearly passed out in doc's waiting room this morn!

oh dont talk to me about the heat, i had to go to dunnes today to see about shoes ( cant find any anywhere ) and i had to leave because of the heat in there

oh dont talk to me about the heat, i had to go to dunnes today to see about shoes ( cant find any anywhere ) and i had to leave because of the heat in there

So no joy for shoes for the wedding?? I still have nothing to wear to the wedding we have Sat week!! I'm a disaster!:rolleyes:
    I know, its just awful!I was in such a flutter with the heat when I actually got in to see the doc my BP was high! She had to take it 3 times before I had settled down to take it properly!!:rolleyes:

Oh stop the heat is unreal. Can't sleep properly and if i open the windows the cats will come in:-P
    I've a wedding on Fri, going solo but its near home so i can just head home if things get a bit much. I predict elephant feet on Fri night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Yep definately not sleeping with the heat.

I took a piriton because my skin was flaring up like crazy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hi Betsie,

The Braxton Hicks aren't meant to hurt at this stage, just uncomfortable. I found the Johnston and Johnston breastpads the best. They are in all the supermarkets.

I can't believe there are 4 July babies already. It's getting really close now.

Anyone think they might go early? I have a feeling I will, probably just wishful thinking. OH says I said the same with the last 2 pregnancies and I was wrong. Maybe 3rd time lucky I might go a week or 2 early :)

My youngest son came into out bedroom this morning looking for the baby. I said the baby is in Mammy's belly, he said no the other baby. Think the little man was dreaming the baby was here!

Slept great last night! I am starting to believe the memory foam mattress is the job!

Advertisement