Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

SSFG wrote: »
    I got a tummy tub, did anyone else get one of these??

Hi SSFG, Where did you purchase tummy tub?

Oh and nightdress sounds like mine too, only decent one I could find in dunnes but I think it might be huge, havent tried it on yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i love watching one born every minute some couples are funny to watch and i look at some of the women on it and kinda wonder will i be that bad,

i bet that went down well setting off the smoke alarm at that time of the morning :-)

no don't really know much about the tummy tubs

have hospital appointment this afternoon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Rose35 wrote: »
    Hi SSFG, Where did you purchase tummy tub?

Got it in Bellababy in Galway here's a list of the stockists though, not sure where you are based
    http://www.tummytub.ie/baby-bath-where-to-buy

Good luck at hospital betsie, probably only times we will ever look forward to attending a hospital, its always exciting, means time to check in on babs and hopefully get a peak :-)

• Advertisement

Got it in Bellababy in Galway here's a list of the stockists though, not sure where you are based
    http://www.tummytub.ie/baby-bath-where-to-buy

Thanks, yes galway is good for me, im in mayo, think I will get one too.

thanks rose, i love my appointments at the moment love getting a little peek :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Good luck today betsie :-)
    Think i will start packing my bag today :O

I washed the towel during the week for my hospital bag and I was TOLD, yes told by my husband that I have to pack it this weekend and leave them in my car!!

I know! Im getting told to pack my bag too!! Going through the list im glad i got a big bag for the occasion, so much to think about!!

• Advertisement

Im going to pack my bag next week as Im using my bag this weekend going to Dublin :-)

hospital went well today and baby has turned and is now head down at long last :-) picked up my pram too and got a new matters for the crib and a changing mat too, love bringing mammy shopping with me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

That's hilarious, I have the white and grey nightie from Dunnes as well, they must be selling out with all of us!

Pushki that is so cute about seeing the curls of hair on the scan, I don't know why but that just really hit me, we have tiny littly people inside us, curls and everything! That's adorable.

Bag is about 90% packed at this stage. Does anyone else feel like they won't fully relax til the bag is done and everything is bought. My sister keeps slagging me cos I'm on a cleaning buzz, says I'm turning into my mam ha, think its just the nesting kicking in. I just feel like everything needs to be perfect and in place NOW! Had a bit of a freak out when shopping for baby stuff the other day, OH thinks I'm crazy.

On the topic of OH, he got his results 2 days ago, graduating with a first in his degree and then today got a full time job! Sooooo delighted, its a decent salary and really helps take the pressure off financially for us. I know he's delighted cos he feels like he's providing for us properly, must be a male thing :rolleyes: but still, me and baby are so proud!

Actually, I still need to get bedding etc for the crib, has anyone seen any anywhere thats nice and reasonably priced? Will need to be neutral colours as we don't know what we're having :)

0ctober wrote: »
    Actually, I still need to get bedding etc for the crib, has anyone seen any anywhere thats nice and reasonably priced? Will need to be neutral colours as we don't know what we're having :)

I just have sheets and will prob use a cellular blanket. Then onto grobags when baby fits in them. That's all no bumpers or anything not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I just have sheets and will prob use a cellular blanket. Then onto grobags when baby fits in them. That's all no bumpers or anything not my cup of tea.

Oh right ok, that sounds grand actually. Will probably just pick up a few sheets then thanks

Tried and failed miserably today to start packing bag! Was in the chemist looking at maternity pads and just gave up!!
    Didn't know which ones to get. Is everyone getting those big green ones or is there any nicer ones?!
    October it really hit me too when the Dr saw the curls, its just so unique!! :-D
    that's fantastic about your oh getting a job, he will be over the moon! I think guineys is the best place for bedding , sheets and blankets there are of great quality reasonably priced and loads of colours to choose from.
    Im feeling huge these days!

i got some of the tesco own brand ones foot know what they will be like, i still have a few more packs to sick up might get rode different ones too i dunno.

lying here in bed wide awake yet again and baby kicking me to death. i lying full night is it too much to ask for?

My friend had a baby (2nd) last month and gave me a few packs of tesco maternity pads, she said they were the best, better than boots!!! Thats her opinion but im going to stock up on the tesco ones I think.!!

Feeling huge too and feeling lots of little body parts these days sticking out here and there. when i go to touch, he hides away from me, cant make out if its a head, foot or elbow etc. oh just cant wait now to hold him in my arms.

well that's good to hear anyway rose, i get a few more packs of them next week and get finished with the packing then, think i have everything else i need not sure really haha

i know the feeling i can't wait to hold her either, i feel like time is starting to drag a bit now

Two babies born from July thread, getting close now ladies!!! Have a great weekend. xx

Right tesco ones it is then!
    Imagine the July thread will be us in a Month! So scary!! Can't believe how fast time has gone.

• Advertisement

wow that is scary 2babys from July born already now its really getting close,

Im went to the doc this morning, my back is killing me and was nearly crying with the pain and she has signed me off work :-( my boss wasn't happy about it at all, i have holiday days that she wants me to take too before maternity leave starts so don't know how that will work with social welfare coz can't take holiday pay while on it, :-( Im confused x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I am an ass...I thought it was full button up night dress that was needed which is what I was looking for and me running round to every Dunnes and Penneys near me searching for one and eventually settled for the grey stripey one which ye all have :D

Regarding the Maternity pads, I also bought the Tesco brand ones in a purple packet. I think they'll do grand, not that much difference in size with the other one's anyway!

Ye, the back pain is getting to me too. Went for a swim yesterday and couldn't move last night with pain! I'm getting a bit impatient now, just want August to hurry up!!!!

That's awful betsie to be in so much pain :-(did the Dr give u pain relief? I don't know anything about holidays and singing off sick but your employer should be able to sort u out. They certainly shouldn't be angry if you can't work u can't work!!

no pain relief just plenty of rest, i think it was a combination of my back and my bp that she signed me off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

I got maternity pads in superdrug that were on offer. 3 for 2. Now that was ages ago and dunno what they're like but it's another offer for anyone to keep an eye out for I suppose.
    Had app with consultant yesterday. BP normal and babies look good on the scan. The only thing is he was looking at the way I was walking, as in seriously waddling, and asked was I in pain which I have been for the past few days. So he said he would consider delivering them a week or two earlier than he had first planned if I was in a lot of pain and had difficulty walking. Hmmmmm!
    He also said take panadol for pains so pop away on the old panadol ladies!!!
    Collected the cot this morning too, serious excitement!!! Gonna build it tomorrow! Well I'm gonna watch as my hubbie attempt to build it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Betsie, your employer can't make you take holidays. If you are not fit for work as far as I know you will need to claim illness before your maternity kicks in. You should contact citizens advice or your local social welfare.

I got the maternity pads in Mother Care. The thick always pads with wings are great too after 3 or 4 days. Don't forget the beastpads too whether you are breastfeeding or not. I always bought the Johnsons ones. You can buy then in the supermarkets.

Can't believe 2 July babies are here! Wow! Off on a little holiday to Kerry tomorrow with hubbie and the boys. Looking forward to the break.

God new look you must be getting fairly uncomfortable now, carrying 2!! How many weeks would the consultant consider delivering the babies at?
    Kinori im so jealous! A little break away sounds just perfect ! I hope ye have a lovely time :-)
    I guess it doesn't really matter what maternity pads to get as we'll be going through a lot of them, they are not the most glamorous of items lol!!
    I just woke up there feeling the room was spinning, felt terrible.. Also waking up in sweats and having very vivid dreams lately. :-(

kinioiri wrote: »
    Betsie, your employer can't make you take holidays. If you are not fit for work as far as I know you will need to claim illness before your maternity kicks in. You should contact citizens advice or your local social welfare.

+1 to that no way would I be taking holidays if a GP has signed me off, you might want the holidays again after baby is here to extend your mat leave.

And Pushki re the maternity pads I refer to them as mammy nappies, so I pack baby's nappies and mammy's nappies in my hospital bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

are they dreams about the baby pushki?? I keep having dreams related to baby, like not having bag packed, not having a name picked and baby landing etc. But also am doting slightly too ha. Woke up night before last and the little red light on the alarm sensor in corner of the room, was imagining it to be all sorts :-)

what a horrible day, i don't want to get out of bed :-)

• Advertisement

Geeg ya they are mostly baby related and some with the ex in them! Argh im tormented! Wake up every two hrs with thirst also. Ya i know how u feel this weather would make one want to hibernate !!
    Must go get my mammy nappies today and a few onsies for bab, i thought i had loads got but they are all massive! Might buy a few newborn ones, what shops do nice newborn stuff?

Advertisement