Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Ha ha new look im always in my jamies they are just the most comfortable! Immediately glad im not the only one experiencing the spots must be hormonal :-) just hope they go when bab comes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

new look wrote: »
    So also I've stayed in my jammies all day! Thought this wasn't supposed to happen until after the babies come.......

Husband got up before me this morning, never even heard him getting up. Woke up at quarter to 11!! Was so tempted to stay in my pj's only I'd to get some shopping in!
    Hubby brilliant today, got my breakfast, hoovered and cleaned the bathroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

evening all, just wondering is anyone else getting morning sickness again? i have been very sick feeling on and off all day, now Im not getting sick just feel sick,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

betsie i have been having this on n off for a few weeks, but not getting sick also. Mentioned it to doctor and she said she thought it was maybe just as baby was getting bigger n was either lying funny on my stomach r just getting big n putting pressure on stomach.

never thought about that gee g. it would make sence alright:-)

• Advertisement

dont worry, either did i! I was going mad thinking i was gonna have it for last few months. Try lying out flat for while when it comes on, baby might manouver a bit n make u more comfortable :-)

Is there anyone else feeling pressure in their chest, sometimes i find it painful taking deep breaths

yeah somethimes its difficult to take a breath too, i play the flute and the trombone and i had to give them up a few weeks ago coz it was getting harder to play them :(

edit: july baby number 3 arrived at the weekend :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi all. baby no 3 (july thread) wow!!!! Im getting worried now bout the maternity pads thing, god how heavy are we going to be bleeding??? Got some disposable panties in mothercare yesterday, glad I got them now, never know what size I should be buying though, they come in small. medium and large, i would normally be a small in anything but with those big pads!!!!! As regards the sickness, yes I got it back too late 2nd trimester and get it about every two weeks now.

i havent gotten any disposable panties yet but i have a load of panties that could nearly do with being thrown out at this stage so i might just use them and throw them out after maybe? as for the pads im just going to go with the tesco ones, i live in a small town and the only ones i can find in the town are the tesco ones :)

• Advertisement

Can't believe baby number 3 in July thread already!! Getting close now girlies :D

I'd love to go a bit early, don't like the idea of being overdue and just sitting waiting!! I have also not bought disposable undies, i'll see closer to the time about buying them! Bag is almost ready to be closed....and it all fits!! Didn't think it would, but went with a big gear bag and it all fits :D

The nausea thing and the breathlessness is normal at this stage, just a matter of all the internal organs getting squashed. So the stomach can't hold as much and the lungs can't operate at their full capacity.
    I'm feeling tired again now, just can't seem to get enough sleep and even when I get a good sleep I'm tired all day!

SSFG wrote: »
    The nausea thing and the breathlessness is normal at this stage, just a matter of all the internal organs getting squashed. So the stomach can't hold as much and the lungs can't operate at their full capacity.
    I'm feeling tired again now, just can't seem to get enough sleep and even when I get a good sleep I'm tired all day!

Yeah the tiredness is a killer alright, any bit of cleaning in the house and it completely wipes me out :D

Ya i feel the nausea every time i wake. Think of our poor organs so squashed!!! Think ill head in to boots to have a look at theiron pads . Really want ones with wings ill get the Tesco ones if i can't find any. I thinly ill be stinging in old tickets too. Got so many granny knichers some of them they can be thrown out!

As regards the nightdresses i was thinking of doing a bit of a diy job on my old ones, cut them down the middle and sew buttons on them

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Ah pushki I wouldnt have the patience to sew, good on you!!, haven't sewed a button since secondary school!!!
    I have decided to bottle feed, iv purchased the dr browns bottles, I feel its a better option for me (i sound so selfish i know).
    You know how we were talking bout the weight gain, i have put on 3 stone, now i was only just over 7 stone before I got pregnant, so I have a massive weight gain but birth weight has been estimated at 6 1/2 - 7llbs, so dont think weight gain = big/small baby. I just eat alot and also gave up the cigs when I found out i was pregnant, could have something to do with increase in appetite too.

Well done Rose for giving up the cigs!! It is really tough!! Fair play to you!! :)
    Well .... if im nice to my mother ill ask her to sew the buttons :P I just cant seem to find any nice comfy nightdresses and as i hope to breastfeed i think id get good use of the altered nighties. I figure after the baby is born ill be living in my sleepwear!! :D
    I think it is a really tough decision to make whether to breastfeed or not and it is totally up to the individual. Its tough going but i'll try my best to give it a shot anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Hiya girls, long lost sally here again lol. How are you all keeping? I'm well(ish). Had my 3D scan in Sligo in 14th there, was AMAZING, got loads of little photos of HER (yay I was right and hubby was wrong). She is doing great and @29wks2days she weighed in at 3lbs exactly. Can't wait for August now (and to go a nosey through July thread when I'm done writing here). Had to check in with my nurse there last monday again for blood test results and all was well there except my white blood cell count, which was high, don't know why though as I had no infections, so she retook my bloods and get the results next monday again. Have any of you changed your mind's on birthplans?? I have! Only on medical advice though (from our midwife aunt). Because I had a previous C-Sec, it would be more likely that I will need another one, but from the beginning I have NOT wanted one (due to my absolutely HORRIBLE experience last time, I tell you, you think it goes away but when your this close again, it all came flooding back to me). Girls I just hate the thought of it, but don't want to go through the pain of maybe getting to 4/5/6cms and my time is up about how long they let previous C-Sec patients go and get wheeled on up to theatre anyway. My last section was a nightmare, not the actual op itself, but after....My daughter was born, pure blue, and was kept from me the entire time I was in hospital. No doctor EVER came and explained what had happened, what was wrong with her..nothing, and any time I wanted to go and see her in NICU, I felt like I had to beg to get in the door (if they let me in at all). I am so scared of this happening again. I can't stop crying every time I think about it! Rang the hospital today and spoke to a midwife, who was absolutely no help, and told me to talk to my doctor next time I'm in for a scan! I feel like I'm just feeling sorry for myself, and my poor husband is going mad trying to keep me sane.

As for the maternity pads, I got the green and purple pack in boots, and I got their own brand breast pads too. Got two nighties in Matalan on Saturday, one with about 5 buttons down the front, and one entirely with buttons down the front. They are pretty too, not auld granny ones, one has to be fashionable walking up and down a hospital corridor :o

Pushki: hope your not feeling alone, you have all us on here, and I hope you have a good family and friend support network around.
    Betsi: I hope your back gives you a break, not nice dealing with this pressure and then back pain, nausea and tiredness on top of it all.
    Newlook: You must be so excited to know that your lovely baba's will be here so soon.
    And everyone else I hope you are all keeping well. These hormones are a bi*ch, and hard to deal with, but it is nice to know we are all feeling kinda the same :( Big virtual hugs to us all

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Met with my babys daddy last friday and things didn't go well :(

Horrible person who will do what he can to stress me out and make my life a misery.

He also has my home address, sigh.

god pushkii thats not a bad idea to sew in some buttons hmmm :D

i have so enjoyed not being in work today i just chilled out on the couch and just went into tesco to get a few bits and cooked a bit of dinner now im back on the couch, its really strange as monday is my long day and i should be still in work now :)

i have a wedding on saturday and im having trouble finding some nice comfortable shoes that i can wear :confused:

nice to see you back again Laura :)

belfastmedic, im sorry things didnt go well with the daddy, does he want to be involved with the child ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hi Betsie, yes he wants to be involved, unfortunately i want him out of my life.

He sat in front of me friday, wedding ring off and lied to me about everything.

He then threatened me with solicitors letters and to get me into trouble for cyber bullying on facebook. I said some stuff about him when i was angry and i blocked him, he now thinks he can do what he wants with me :mad:

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and major stressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Aw Belfastmedic God love you! Virtual hugs to you :)
    Laura great to have you back!
    Well I got dressed today! And I even went out this morning!!! Went to Smyths and got the Avent steriliser that had 44.99 on the box and got to the till and it was 25.99! Delighted with myself :)
    Quite swollen and puffy these days and it doesn't really ease. Anybody else the same? It was just in the evening up until the last week or so but now it's just constant. Getting bits of pains too, hoping they're just more stretching and nothing else just yet :( Although I don't know how much more I can stretch!!!

ah im sorry belfastmedic x x x men can be really annoying when they want to be, whats the point in him taking off his wedding ring now like,

new look are your pains bad? keep an eye on them and if your worried about anything just give the hospital a quick ring and see what they say.

girls i've been suffering all day with a bad headache n in last few hrs been getting hot flashes like never before! Anyone else experience this at all??

God gee g that sounds horrific. Do u have a temperature? Maybe try taking some. panadol .they shouln't have left you so misinformed!!
    Welcome back Laura!! The 3d scans are amazing aren't they?! another girl yey !! Im so sorry to hear about your bad experience with the c section and it sounds appalling the way they seem to be treating you. You might be a number to them but you and your babys life are precious, if i were in your shoes id definitely speak up and complain if necessary!!

Betsie its really good to see you relaxing you deserve it. Hope the back is feeling better, have you tried swimming? I think right give it a shot when work is quiter .

Belfast medic i feel your pain, sometimes it would be easier if they were out of the picture, how dare he threaten u with all sorts in your condition, does he give a fig about your stress levels and how it could affect baby!? Im seeing a social worker this week with regards himself, i need to fully inform myself before i make any decisions.justremember you are your little boys mother the father doesn't have any rights.

On the subject of maternity pads i got these horrible granny. Nappies. For half price in dunnes . They are pretty bulky but they should do the job for the first few days. Also they were hailf price the brand is tena. Also got kotex night time. Couldn't see any with wings.

There was a tommy tippie happy dispenser there too for 15 . Impulse buy but hopefully ill get good use of it. Have my got gestational tomorrow. Finger

Also got a few lil bits and pieces, earplugs, bath thermometer. Lanolin nipple cream buggy hooks. A clever Re mama feed. Scoop dispenser.and two nightdresses!!

I also got some metal fasteners for mnighties. Much easier to attach than buttons.

Just wondering girls what are opinions on dummies?

HAve to go fIt one zz

thankfully i am back to myself this morn pushki, headache gone. Thank god! Sounds like u were busy shopping yest! :-) ru all sorted now? Don't worry bout gtt, please god it will be fine. I had it a few weeks ago too. I am all for dummies, i have 3 packs of avent one's bought already! I just think they are a nice bit of comfort for Babs.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Morning Ladies :)
    Pushki, regarding the dummy "situation". With my first I hadn't bought any and didn't really want to use one, just thought I'd go with the flow and see what happened. The second night in the hospital she didn't settle at all and one of the midwives came into the room and asked if I had a dummy. I said no because I was gonna try to go without (don't like seeing 3 year old still attached to dummies :S) so she said that they had a couple on standby just in case and they were the only ones they would recommend. The make is NUC and they are orthodontic approved or designed or something like that :)
    I would highly recommend them and a few of my friends have used them over the past couple of years and are delighted with them. They are not very big and don't look too bad and the bit in the mouth seems not as bulky as some of the others so they don't damage growing teeth or anything like that.The funny thing was that my daughter only used one for about three or four months and it was really just to get her to sleep or if she needed a wee comfort and she would spit it out after a while and stick in the thumb! So I have the packet in the bag for these two this time and I don't mind using them :) I've found that not everywhere sells them but there's two in the pack when you do get them. Think I got them in one of the healthwise pharmacies this time. Oh and by the way so much for my "I hate seeing three year olds with dummies", the almost 8 year old is still sucking her thumb when she's tired!!! Hope that's a help :)

glad you feeling better this morning gee g nothing worse then headaches, were you over tired or anything?

yeah im going swimming a few times a week, it does help for a while, i have to say its great to feel a light as a feather for a while :)

i will get some dummies alright, some kids take to them and others dont but i will have them on stand by just in case :)

They say that dummies are good for helping prevent SIDS.
    I have a packet, likewise I wouldn't like to be relying too heavily on them, but I feel if you're careful and don't use them all the time just out of habit it would be grand. My niece is just gone two and for a long time she only gets it when she's tired or going to bed, I can't remember the last time I saw her use one. She's bringing them all to me for the new baby, then they're gone for good! So I guess that makes me the dodie fairy!!

i don't think i could have been over tired... But then my nights sleep are interrupted now every night with crazy dreams. I have had the baby now about ten times ha ha. I am trying to swim too betsie but every eve after i come out of pool my back seizes up. I'm just fit for the scrap heap at the min with all the aches and pains! :-)
    back with gp tomor, ill have a list as long as my arm of questions and ailments for her :-)

• Advertisement

and are you still working gee g? could be time to finish maybe? its a good thing gps are good listeners well some of them are haha,

i am starting to find it difficult getting in and out of the pool alright its hard to get in and out so doint think ill last much longer :(

Advertisement