Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

yeah i think ill prop myself up with loads of pillows, i need to go to bed, have to be over at oh home house at 7.30 for his sister to do my hair for me for the wedding before she goes to work, oh the thoughts of it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

God that is so strange about us all feeling sick, i only ate 2 sandwiches yesterday, could not tolerate any more and when i was asleep i woke up getting sick. Its really scary and it happened twice!! Im going to be extra careful in future prop myself well up.
    I didn't end up going to any of the wedding and had a nice relaxing evening still in bed in fact! Cannot get over the tiredness.
    Enjoy your wedding betsie !

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Was sick all day yesterday myself :( can only eat toast and 7up.

My little man isn't too fond of sweets or junk food, picky already :D

He's currently in the transverse position and is on the small side.

Got an appointment for Limerick on the 17th to see how things are going.

Could be having a C-section yet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Totally mad that a lot of us are feeling nauseous! Never had any MS but feeling the odd bout of nausea now, totally normal but not nice. Heartburn back a little today had a Rennie but that's the first for a while.
    Don't have much of an appetite some days either then other days I'd be starving and then full after 3 or 4 mouthfuls!
    Still though, don't think I have it very bad at all.
    Went for a stroll last night, and I do mean a stroll, as soon as I left the house my back was sore. Waddled on anyway and felt the better for getting the fresh air.
    Went shopping today as well, got some nursing bras, have now gone to an F cup :eek: but got all of the bras on sale so was delighted with that. Also got crib mattress and a nappy stacker, a good day's shopping I am whacked after it, think I'll have to have a nap.
    Looking forward to tonight, got pizza/ice cream/drink/DVD deal for €15 in Tesco! Nice relaxing night stuck to the couch!

Did you get the 3d scan belfast medic ? Did they tell you the weight of the little man? My bab is a little on the small side too i know its a bit of a worry but as the consultant said they are just used to giant babies in recent years. Also he does have plenty time to move head down and it probably will help if he is smaller he'll have more room to move.
    SSFG sounds lie a really busy day for you!! Where did you get the nursing bras? I know this nausea is crazy im putting it down to the baby squashing my stomach! That deal in tesco is really good tho :-)

• Advertisement

Pushkii I got fitted in Debenham's, got 2 bras there on sale, then hopped up to Mothercare and got another 2 packs of 2 there, one was half price the other was €38 down to €10!
    So I paid €58 for 6 bras that would have been €112 full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

good evening ladies, how is everybody today??
    Wel i had a gorgeous chinese last night, ate way too much :-)
    what a horrible day, wud drive ya mad this rain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Ah girls, fu*k this shi*e, i'm sick of things being wrong with me. Woke up this morning with thrush, feel like me who-ha is on fire FMFL. I don't even think we are allowed take that Canesten or whatever it's called whilst pregnant, and even if we are all the chemists is closed now till Monday. Have an appointment with my midwife on Monday and will say something to her. Long weekend with the legs crossed for me

natural yogurt laura! I have heard it does wonders, v soothing! N ya can get it in any shop :-)

Just read out your suggestion to the husband GeeG, and he said 'can ya not just use the strawberry yoghurt in the fridge, it'll smell nice too'. And cause we did the dirty deed yesterday I told him he has to do it to. His reply ' laura, I'm not dipping me co*k into a yoghurt pot. LOL. In stitches here, if we didn't love them, we'd punch them.

• Advertisement

ha... He cud be glad of the yogurt yet!! Hope ya get it sorted x

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hi pushki, no i decided not to get the 3D/4D scan, said i will wait until he arrives :)

Yeah he's current weight is 3lbs 4 :o but i'm 5'2 and built like a child lol

In general my little man's health is good tho.

Just looking forward to the whole thing now and hope the other fella keeps his distance!

ok quick question about braxton hicks... Again!! I've been getting little dart basically between my legs, not constant and also not particularly painful, is this them??

Think you feel the BH more so in your belly GeeG, think they are supposed to feel like period cramps accompanied by tightening of the stomach. Not medical advice though lol, I don't even know if I have ever had them. Might be pressure you are feeling 'down there',I had it yesterday, thought that whole area was gonna fall of me lol

And your right GeeG about being glad of the yoghurt pot for he won't be dipping it anywhere else till he does it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

As far as I know Canestan is fine to use, I was prescribed it by a doctor in the Coombe in my first trimester. That was the cream you apply externally though, I think there's other forms of it too, not sure whether they're ok too.

Have had a really sh*tty day, me and OH had a massive row. It started over him saying he thought women shouldn't breastfeed in public places - eh hello I'm planning on breastfeeding?!! What am I meant to do, hide out at home all day in case baby is hungry when I'm out and about?? Jesus I didn't realise we were on such different pages.

Naturally I got very upset and it ended up leading to a fight about a number of things that have been building up over the last few months. Now I just feel completely miserable, I just want this pregnancy to be over with. Being a woman sucks sometimes :(

Jaysus October, men are such cavemen sometimes. Bet you he would have a different opinion on it if ye were all sitting in a restaurant and baby was screaming the place down. Don't be going to bed on an argument though. You will wake up still pissed off tomorrow.
    I hear ya on the whole pregnancy thing though, much as I LOVE feeling my wee girl kicking me, I am so over being pregnant. These weeks are going so SLOW feel like week's 3-30 flew in, and I'm only 32 on Tuesday (feels as long as wks 3-30).

Wonder did Betsie enjoy the wedding? And did the wedges last the day, or were they frizbee'd into a corner

GIRLS, I just got UBER excited, I just realised in 1 minutes time, we can all say we are due NEXT MONTH :0:0 :0

evening ladies, had a wonderful day at the wedding Im exhausted though not able for these long days at all now, wedges lasted till about ten then they were just left there under the table haha x

Belfast medic the main thing is that he is healthy and you are small nature wouldn't give you something you couldn't push out as my Dr says:-)
    Laura you had me in stitches there with your yogurt story lol :-P and oh my god im now due next month!! This is crazy!!!
    October men eh?! I know a lot of them are funny about women breastfeeding in public but a lot of women are appalled by it too, i just don't get it its the most natural thing in the world and if people have an issue with it they can just not look!! Plus women are very discreet doing it, tis funny men don't have a problem with girls going out getting hammered wearing half nothing and flashing but when women use their breasts for their real purpose men get all weird!!
    Talk about double standards!!
    Betsie im delighted you enjoyed your wedding hope u get loads of rest tomorrow. :-)
    I am going to the toilet every ten mins. The baby thinks its great fun to be headbutting my bladder:-P

• Advertisement

Laura I'll never look at natural yoghurt the same again!! Or any yoghurt!

October, hope you get things sorted with the BFing issue sure it's so discreet these days you'd never even notice it. I was in a cafe once and there was a woman next table to us BFing, never even noticed until I was leaving. No way will I be going to a toilet or anything like that to BFing, if anyone suggests that to me I'll ask them to join me in the adjoining cubicle see how they like it.

Betsie, glad the wedding was good, was it Una and Ben by any chance?!!!:D

Betsie glad you had a good day and hope your having yourself a nice lazy day today :)
    Well those funny little pains I was getting yest haven't appeared yet today thankfully! Although, I nearly couldn't move last night, serious pressure going on! Be some craic in another few weeks...I'll surely be moaning then!!:D

have ante natal class all day tomorrow, that'll be a long day but hoping it will put me at ease about a fwe things. I got myself into an awful state for some reason yesterday about the labour/birth. I think it just kind of hit home that its ACTUALLY happening! Anyone else like that??

Ya gee g i think its really hitting me now about the labour and birth but more so the fact that ill have a child in 6 weeks time. Its going to be the biggest change of my life ever!! Im really nervous about meeting her but ecstatic too :-D
    the classes will be good Geeg to help reassure you about the labour and birth.
    I was getting desparate pains under my left rib this morning after work, i felt that deep breathing helped with the discomfort :-)

Must pack my bag this week !!!

well i am wrecked today, not able for anything, by the time i got back to tipp from waterford this evening i was fit for nothing, passed out on the couch now in my pj's with a cuppa and dreaming of my bed :)

i wish it was una and bens wedding haha although that did take place only 5 mins from my house, if i was at home i would of been able to see her fire work display :)

i really have to pack my bag this week too, how big a bag are ye bringing with ye? i got a loan of a small case but its way to small ????

im starting to have little freak outs about the whole labour and birth, im afraid i wont be able to do it :(

my bag is a big gear bag betsie, Ye small suitcase too small, big one too bloody big and everything just fits snug into the gear bag :-)

never thought of a gear bag, yeah that will do nicely :) thanks gee g

I am like a big aul bag of fu*king cats today.....THAT IS ALL

Despite sleeping most of the day im Soo tired! 3 nights off work once im finished tonight :-) although have so much to do on those days off im sure theyll fly:-( really want to paint a wall in my room but laziness and the smell is putting me off. I think ill end up so tired and lazy i won't be able to push baby out!!

days off always go fast :(

as tired as i was going to bed last night do you think that i slept a wink last night NO id say if i got 2 hours altogether it was alot :(

hope everyone had a good weekend :)

• Advertisement

Was in with the midwife today, and told her about my thrush, she went and got a doctor. Doctor didn't understand how I have coped since Saturday, she said it was a really bad case. Got Canasten cream and the pessary yoke. Had blood in my urine, white blood cell count was still high and I have an infected bite on my boob (where-ever the feck I got that from). Got hardly any sleep last night with my bloody hip. Not in as bad a form today, but still not the best. Still not speaking to my dad or sister, so I think sub-consciously that is what's bothering me. UGH, ah well what will be will be. Right, must go and throw on some sort of dinner here...

Advertisement