Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ye, i put in a few newborn baby gro's into the bag along with some small 0-3, although hard to know if i'll get any use out of newborn at all with the size of this bruiser :-) penneys had some nice bits a few months ago anyway, not sure about now! I got lovely one's in asda a while back too, they feel gorgeous after being washed!

Ye think i might actually just hibernate. Light the fire n watch movies for day :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Do you know the weight of your little baby? The consultant estimated my little one would be about 6 and a half lb.

the sonographer last week estimated mine at 4lbs 3oz already!!

Wow! thats a fantastic size!! what date are you due?

due the 19th but i have a feeling that i'll go early! Don't know why!
    What date ru? I don't mind when i go once i've the bag packed :-)

• Advertisement

I'm due the 16th, I had a feeling that i might go early too but i dont want to now!!

i know ho u feel in a way. Its mad to think after another 4 or 5 weeks any of us could be going :-) i am so excited about baby coming but am also looking forward to getting back to myself, being able to sleep when i do get to bed etc. I think i have finally made my decision to bottle feed, it may be a bit selfish on my behalf but def leaning towards them anyway. u breast feeding? Have u done ante natal class yet? We have ours monday week, its just one full day!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

last ante natal class on tuesday!:) i have found them really good! i Hope to breastfeed if i can :)

i just slept for an hour on the couch, this is ridiculous, i'm only awake a few hours after a good night sleep! Has everyone decided on names?? We've a few boys and girls names but nothing decided as yet. Its so permanent ha ha. Big responsibility :-)

I do have a name picked out but i don't want to jinx it as i have only one i hope it suits her!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

afternoon ladies, we have a few names picked out and when we see her we will decide :-)

glad you found the classes helpful pushki
    i have to say i did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Was bored so thought I would have a nose in here,

My guy was due in mid August 2005 he arrived mid July 2005 5 weeks early, his turning 7 next month :).

He weighed in a 5lbs 10 ounces at the 32 week scan and weighed in at 7lb 6 ounces at birth.

Want to wish you all the best.... And make sure you have your bags packed just in case baby comes early ... Good luck

Have to take sweets to the classes as i get very faint at the merest mention of tears or stitches!!
    Wow grindlewaid that was a fine weight for a baby at 32 weeks and at birth! A month early too good god!!! Really must get the skates under me and pack my bag!!
    I got a few lovely newborn sleepsuits in tks maxx , they are pretty tiny !!
    Not feeling good at all today, feeling very down about everything. Just really feel that im on my own now and its a pretty scary thought :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Pushkii (what happened your account???) Mothercare have nice stuff and they are having a sale at the minute I got some nice vests and babygros there last week, normally I wouldn't buy there but the sale was good value some of them were 50% off.

I'm loving my ante natal classes, have the last one this week, they've made me so much more relaxed about everything, especially breastfeeding which I also hope to do.

I created a new account :-) i was going to go into mothercare but i just find shopping of any kind really stressful at the moment! Just ran into tks maxx and got out as soon as i could!! Just feeling really nervey and anxious

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hey do those tesco maternity pads have wings? I bought ones from boots but just realised they don't have wings. I hate pads without wings cos they never stay in place properly, so gonna buy a different brand instead.

Had my antenatal classes today and to be honest I'm just feeling really really overwhelmed by everything :( The first few months of my pregnancy were pretty rough emotionally cos it was unplanned, but the last few months I had been coping really well and felt like I can do this and everything will be fine. But today I just feel like I'm back to square one. I'm panicking about how I will cope with the birth and beyond, please tell me I'm not alone in feeling like this! So exhausted, I need a hug :(

Edit - oh and betsie hope you feel better soon x

Yes October. I feel exactly the same as you do now, completely overwhelmed! Virtual hugs** i think everything is hitting me now like how much my life will change shortly .
    I am worried too about the birth. Even getting stressed about the maternity pads!! Id. Like to get ones with wings too :-)

Thanks pushki. I know it sounds stupid but its like its really only hitting me now that in less than 6 weeks I'll have a real baby. It just always seemed so far away and now that its nearly here I don't feel ready! I think it's just that I'm so tired today that I feel like I can barely physically see out the rest of the pregnancy, let alone go through labour and caring for a newborn... Thanks, nice to know I'm not alone! x

don't worry, we are all in the same boat!
    The birth is playing on my mind a lot. Its just the not knowing, not knowing how it going to be. I have no fear of c-section and i think Thats because i would know exactly what is going on / going to happen! does that sound silly?? :-) the having the baby at home n my life changing funnily enough does not bother me! Hugs to everyone, and just remember we're all exactly the same!!

hi everyone!
    I feel much better today, after a good nights sleep i feel more positive about things :)
    Having a bath also works wonders! I think its natural for us to be freaking out about things and having doubts as most of us are going through something we never have been through before. I finally got started on clearing out my room this morning. Going to get someoone to paint it this week. I think Ill be less stressed once i have the room sorted.

On another note I weighed myself today, just out of curiosity and i have only put on less than a stone. I really thought i'd have put on more than that at this stage at least 2 stone anyway. Should I be worried about this? :(

• Advertisement

i think it can depend on whatever size the mammy is, i was reading somewhere about it before that if the mother is biggergor carrying a few extra lbs as i like to look at it he he) she might not put on as much!

Ya gee g, but i would have been smallish before getting pregnant just over 8 st and now im 9. I just hope the baby is getting enough nutrition. Kinda worried about it :-( but physically i feel good and lots of movements from bab so that's reassuring !!
    Does anyone find that they are getting spots and pimples along the side of their neck? I've had it since i got pregnant and just hope it will go away when baby arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

glad your feeling better today pushki, id love a bath but don't have one in my house,

i have only put on just over a stone as well but my doc told me at the beginning that i prob wouldn't put on much, in fairness i have only gained a bump nothing much any where else,

i have spots along the back of my neck and the top of my back for the last few weeks they can let a bit itchy at times too

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

pushkii wrote: »
    Ya gee g, but i would have been smallish before getting pregnant just over 8 st and now im 9. I just hope the baby is getting enough nutrition. Kinda worried about it :-( but physically i feel good and lots of movements from bab so that's reassuring !!
    Does anyone find that they are getting spots and pimples along the side of their neck? I've had it since i got pregnant and just hope it will go away when baby arrives.

Do not worry about baby getting nutrition, I guarantee you baby is fine in there. Baby will get the nutrition at your expense, all the good stuff will be nabbed by the baby! Some are just lucky and don't put on much weight.
    I haven't weighed myself in a while, I wasn't really aware of my weight as I was on my honeymoon!! But I don't feel or see that I've put on weight anywhere it seems to be all bump. I will worry about it when baby gets here, in the meantime, a healthy baby will do me fine!
    Try not to worry, you're putting stress on yourself for no reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Ladies I found with the maternity pads with my first baby that I was doubling them up side by side, overlapping slightly for the first couple of days. It sounds a bit mad but someone told me it was a good way to do it at the very beginning and I have to say it was the job! I used them on disposible pants for those first few days and it was so handy to just take the whole thing off and bin it and start afresh each time I went to the loo. Hope that's a help :)
    Pushki he said he would consider delivering them at 37 or even 36 weeks! So if that it the case it's only 5 or 6 weeks! Aaaagggghhh!!!!! Oh unless I go myself before that!!!!!
    I'm trying to not think about the weight thing! I have about 2 and a half stone on now but everyone keeps telling me I'm all bump and nothing anywhere else. I lost the weight fairly quick after my first, hopefuly it'll go soon enough after these two. And also the thought of running round after two babies will surely help :)
    We put up the cot in our room last night and hubbie is currently in the process of sorting the babies' room. Definite hormonal mess here!!! I'm lying in bed and he's doing everything and of course I'm feeling quilty as I feel I need to do everything and organise everything when I really should let others help :(
    On a happy note though we're really pleased with the cot although it's a bit bigger than what we expected it to be and had to rearrange the furniture in the room. It's a cot bed so at least we will get good use out of it and hopefully they will be content to share the cot for a while at first. Fingers crossed!!!

pushki i would not worry about the weight thing anyway, u would know by know from all prodding and poking if u were lacking in anything i'd say! As u can see from everyone's post above, everybody is differemt... Whereas i'm just half afraid of getting up on scales ha ha. And always am :-)
    new look... Wow! You wont find your time coming!
    Betsie, Hows the back??
    Hope the weather is good where Ye all are today!xxx

oh also, haven't got much spots now, had them at the start but i now have gotten bloody skin tags everywhere, on my neck n undo my arms, hormones again stimulating soon growth!! Roll on 8 weeks :-)

Yeah I have spots on my shoulders and back, didn't have em before pregnancy. I guess it's just part and parcel of pregnancy, still waiting on that "glow" to kick in!

new look how did you manage to fit 2 pads side by side, they're feckin' huge!! Did you buy extra large undies?

That is reassuring to know about the whole weight thing :-) i was worried i wasn't eating enough!! New look would you be getting a c. Section? The whole maternity pad thing is doing my head in. Is there any ones there with wings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

October you just really made me laugh :D I can't remember what brand they were, may have been tesco ones (8 years ago this week, seems a lifetime ago!) and I do remember it being very bulky but they did the job. The disposible pants were pretty big. Think I bought them 14/16 and I'm usually 10/12. The pads were overlapped a bit too but they stayed put. Oh god the thoughts of it now :D
    Up until about three weeks ago I had terribly spots on my shoulders which I would never have gotten before and I've had them pretty much throughout my pregnancy. Glad they're gone for now :)
    I'm soooo looking forward to seeing the back of heartburn! It's so horrendous!!! I'm trying to drink milk rather than gaviscon all the time so hubbie has taken to buying me yazoo banana milk. It's actually quite nice and is doing the job too although I have a habit of drinking three glasses of it because I love the taste of it (new craving perhaps?) and then I feel a bit sick :( But one glass works pretty well :)
    So also I've stayed in my jammies all day! Thought this wasn't supposed to happen until after the babies come.......

Advertisement