Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

How cute Kinori!!
    Id expect a few of us to go in July as there are a few due early august. We should write up a list with all our due dates.
    +1 for the memory foam mattresses. Im sleeping on two of them our my normal mattress. Ah bliss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

jaysus girls, that heat would kill a donkey. Not nice! on the up side though I got myself a nice gym ball to hope on now in the evenings, reduced to £6.49 in JJB's (score). I have been having a rough couple of day, and now I am at the stage of FU*K it and FU*K them. Was almost gonna head up the road to hospital last nite as I could feel my BP was through the roof with stress, and then my gallbladder started acting the gimp. Stress continued late last night and didn't get to sleep till 6am and then woke up to the most hateful msg from my dad. So the lot of them can piss off. I'm just gonna hop on me ball and worry about nobody anymore (except my hubby, daughter and daughter on the way).

I got Boots own brand breast pads, i remember having the J&J one's last time and they were good, but then I didn't get any milk through last time either so maybe they weren't that good haha. I have a two pack of tommee tippee dodies, dunno if they will be used or not, my last lady spat them out everytime I tried to put one in her mouth. I will pack them anyway and if they are used well good and if not no harm. Girls have ye tried looking in New Look for shoes? they do wide fit (so do penny's actually) and because of the extra roominess the aul cosas might not swell as much as in a 'normal' pair.

CANT BELIEVE 4th July baby is here already :0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Right Pushkii...I'll start it off here cos I can't remember when anyone's due and will be interesting when it all starts for us to look at the dates!!

Gee_G- 19th August, first baby!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Due August 29th, first baby :)

Pushkii 16th Aug first baby *girl* :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

SSFG - 3rd August, first baby, a girl

Pushkii - 16th August, first baby, *girl*

Gee_G- 19th August, first baby!!

Belfastmedic - 29th August, first baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Betsie - 5th August, first baby, a girl :)

Belfastmedic - 29th August, first baby :)

the rain last night kept me awake and then to top it off it was raining so much that water started coming down through the ceeling into our room, thats how bad it was :(

i think i might go early, dunno why but just have that feeling and oh thinks i will go early too :)

oh i don't believe ya betsie, was leak bad?? Ye it was unreal last night.
    Baby woke me first at 3... Kicking, heartburn and toilet break! And that was the pattern for the night, feel like i haven't slept!

yeah bad enough have to wait till landlord calls over later and he will look in the attic to see was there any damage done up there,

im getting lots of braxton hicks this morning :(

all i want is some taytos and i know if i eat them i will die of heartburn for the rest of the day

• Advertisement

Betsie - 5th August, first baby, a girl

laura. - 28th August, second baby *girl*

Belfastmedic - 29th August, first baby

The girls seem to be winning in august anyway !!

pushkii wrote: »

I have been singing Beyoncé's who run the world to the hubby and if he looks a little irked I just tell him he is going to be the king of the castle :)

How you been keeping pushkii? Hope things have settled down a bit for you, I say a little prayer for you everyday x

Aww thanks Laura. Im getting through every day as it comes. Got very upset this morning coming home from work that me and bab will b on our own, and although the ex is an ass i do miss him at times. But i just have to be strong and carry on, trying to concentrate on bab as much as possible and hopefully things will get better. Xx

One day at a time is the way to go. Of course it is hard and you will miss him. I know it was easy for us to give our opinions and get our point across, but it is you going through it. It is not easy being a single parent, I know and I have been there, but is the most rewarding thing you will ever do. When people outside that don't know you or anything about you, tell you how well mannered/pleasent and caring your child is, you will know then that you did the right thing. It is better that you found out about your ex now rather than in a couple of years time, when your baby had to go through the upheaval of your break-up to. That is my one regret. I knew from when I was about 6months pregnant with my first that me and her dad were not suited to each other, but I stayed on, trying to make it work, and then when I seen what our arguments were doing to my child I knew it was no good. You got out in time girl, keep strong and if you ever need to talk we are always here for you. You are doing a fantastic job thus far, and you are going to be a brilliant mummy, I can tell already. You always have your baby in your thoughts and that's the most important thing. YOU and YOUR BABY xx

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Here here Laura :) It's so true! Coming from another who was in a similar boat, Pushki you will be absolutely fine and it's amazing the path that your life will take you down that you never ever imagined :) Believe me xxx
    I've spent the afternoon reminiscing on the birth of my daughter. She's 8 today and wow how things have changed for us :)

Had docs app this morning but wasn't my usual gp as she is off this week but consultant wanted me checked so went to another one. He was lovely as well and all ok thank god!
    Pelvic pain is really bad though and I'm very very swollen. Got my wedding ring off yesterday after a bit of a siege! I took my engagemant ring off a few weeks ago and consultant said to take my other ring off too just in case but of course I left it on (sentimental and all that). Hands were like goalkeeper gloves yesterday so I decided it had to come off. Finger was going black and for about 4 seconds I thought I was gonna end up in casualty when it stuck on my knuckle! Scary! Thank God it came off but I think I was in shock after, it was that bad!
    Back to consultant on Wednesday and scan on Thursday and he's gonna make a decision then on the date for the section. So if it's 36 weeks it'll be the 2nd Aug and if it's 37 weeks it'll be the 9th Aug. Gas because I'm not officially due til the 30th! Hubbie is convinced since we found out it was twins that they'll be born in the second week of July! Noooooo, I wanna stay in the August group :) xxx

pushkii wrote: »

I think mine is a boy! Don't really know why! OH thinks its a girl! :)

so new look you could be our 1st :-)

i have my rings off me too Im just putting it down to the bloody heat :-(

gee g i though mine was a boy too and oh had said a girl from day one but low and behold its a little girl :-)

Thanks Laura and everyone else, it is really tough because i know in my heart i still love him but he causes me more harm than good. I don't know how ill ever move on but the most important thing now is the baby.
    I spent the day washing all the baby clothes and sheets and blankets. I've Soomany of them!! Once they are all sorted and dried i will pack my bag.
    I have a wedding tomorr and not looking forward to it too much as ill be going on my own but i need to get out,
    id definitely put my money on new look to go first can't wait to find out the sex of the twins!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

tishandy - 20th August c section , second baby *girl*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

OMG now panic has hit!!!! I am living in the feeble hope that I can hang on a few more weeks but braxton hicks becoming quite stronger and a little more painful and a little less uncomfortable! Hmmmmm........
    Dying to see what they are now too Pushki! I've had all combinations said to me and I've gone through phases of all combinations of what they are in my own head. Most likely thinking boy and girl but sure God knows at this stage. Someone said I was all out front, def two boys. Someone else said all out front, def two girls! I'll know soon enough though I suppose! Eeeeeek :)

the girls are taking over August :-)

enjoy your wedding tomorrow pushkii, i still don't have any shoes for the wedding we are going to on Saturday at the rate Im going it will be bare foot or slippers haha

Newlook, the way things are going for you girl, I'm thinking you will be going before a few of the July mammy's too. go to the doc if those BH get more frequent. And Happy Birthday to your wee dote of a daughter xx

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Drop in from July :)

New Look don't worry we aren't kicking out our June or August mammies just because they go early or late so I'm sure the August girls won't throw you out if your twins are born in July ;)

New look do u know if the twins are identical or not!? Its going to be such a big surprise i can't wait to hear!!
    Ah stop betsie the heat is deadly, gonna bring 4 pairs of shoes tomorr prob end up barefoot!!
    Girls are definitely dominating this summer anyway, its a bit strange isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

0ctober - 3rd August , first baby

tishandy - 20th August c section , second baby *girl*

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Wow there is a serious amount of girls due in August! New look you must be so excited to find out what you're having, I'm dying to know what I'm having so you have double the excitement!

Was just reading quickly through the last few pages there, seems to be a few of us going to weddings soon. Just in case anyone is looking for something to wear mothercare have a 50% off sale on clothes at the mo and I picked up a lovely dress for a wedding for 17 euro. Just FYI! :)

We had the tour of the hospital today, I swear to god if we have heat like this in August I will DIE. The place was sweltering :eek: Is anyone else reeeeally grouchy at the moment? I find the heat brings out the worst in me! Poor OH keeps getting his head bitten off when all he's trying to do is help. I'm such a grump!

i was the same the time i had the tour of the hospital i did nearly pass out i had to sit down the heat was cruel,

as for being moody Im blaming the heat :-) oh just takes it all in his stride and laughs it off :-)

i slept well last night 1st night in ages, i only woke to pee once that's a record for me

good stuff betsie... Don't you just feel like a different person after good nights sleep! I didn't sleep until after 4 and here i am awake! Would drive u mad! What about the leak yest? Any damage?
    There was thunder n lightning here yest n i came home from food shopping yest eve n bloody Tele wudnt work, it obviously blew with it! Of course i didn't turn it off at wall!!! Raging! Not an extra expense we had planned on!

• Advertisement

oh totally different person altogether its great, feel like i could go back to bed though and just have a lazy day :-)

there is a few loose slates on the roof, landlords bro coming over later today to fix it, the ceiling needs to be painted again alright just a small water mark on it

Advertisement