Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Pregnancy hormones hit me hard today, my craving is to hit my husband about the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Haha I know the feeling SSFG, I seem to have such a short fuse these days. People should know better than to irritate a pregnant woman!

On the topic of cravings, I was a veggie before my pregnancy but just could not stop craving beef, mostly burgers...broke my years of vegetarianism with a nice big mac haha! "Have you had any weird cravings" seems to be the most common question I get asked. I love being pregnant but the repetative questions get kind of annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

god october i bet that was hard eating meat was it? all i can think of is pheobe in friends when she was pregnant she was eating meat and joey stayed off it haha :)

about 10 different people all said to me today that im gone so big and they think that it will be a big baby ahhhhh sometimes i just want to tell people to feck off..............

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I'm glad its not only me with the hormones. I feel I am going to take the head off someone before August, I am usually so calm and rational. Poor OH is used to me now.

I bought dog biscuits the other day for the dog at work, OH thought I was going to eat them lol! I loved pepsi but I think It was aggravating the Heart Burn so I have stopped drinking it.

I know Betsie about telling people to feck off, people say to me you are really tidy or neat. Then I start panicking I am having a small baby!

I'm glad its not only me with the hormones. I feel I am going to take the head off someone before August, I am usually so calm and rational. Poor OH is used to me now.

I bought dog biscuits the other day for the dog at work, OH thought I was going to eat them lol! I loved pepsi but I think It was aggravating the Heart Burn so I have stopped drinking it.

I know Betsie about telling people to feck off, people say to me you are really tidy or neat. Then I start panicking I am having a small baby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Rose so sorry to hear about your bereavement.
    New look I just stopped from galfer to spatone. But got my bloodshed checked today just hope iron stays up with that. God it must be awful taking 2 galfer ! But i guess u need it having twins!!
    Definitely think the cravings have something to do with a deficienty esp craving red meat. I craved Guinness when my iron was low.
    I was at the maternity today and was very lucky to meet with the consultant. She was very good and scanned me for about half an hr. She was a bit concerned baby is a little on the small side :-( have a lot of amniotic fluid around baby too so she ordered a gtt for me. It was kinda upsetting hearing that but i think she is just being cautious.
    It was fab seeing my little one again, could see a her little face really clearly and the consultant could make out little curls of hair:-)
    its pretty tough not having her father there to go through it all with me, i find the ante natal classes very tough as its all couples but i know im better off without him.

Its so annoying alright, i just nod and smile but sure not much longer x

baby doesn't want me to sleep tonight is flat out messing for almost the last 2hours

I bet the doc is just making sure everything ok pushki, the GTT is not too bad at all you will be grand.

I bet the classes are tough alright but your better off keeping going and get the information :-)

Did your gtt results come back ok betsie? Did the results take long?
    Ya its tough trying to concentrate on the classes and i know he'd come if i asked him to but i wouldn't be able to bear being near him after everything that happened. I guess its better to get used to being on my own now rather than when baby comes:-)

you only hear your results if there is something wrong, i asked at my last appointment just to make sure and the nurse said all was clear.

have a wicked sore throat today :( hurts to swallow water even :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Reading the july thread scares me!!

i know scares me a bit too

I know me too!! That will be us in a month or so!!! There was 9 babies born in limk mat on Monday night! Isn't that crazy?!

yeah its scary alright, in clonmel august is ment to be very quite but september is ment to be crazy busy,

God i hope Aug is quiet in limk mat!! Athough as long as i get my pain relief ill be happy :-D
    Just got the baby bath in mothercaare. Its the last of the baby things got *i think*!

Is everybody sorted for the babys stuff? :-)

Would you believe i never though of getting a bath oops :-)

I got the bath for 15 euro in the sale, its a lovely cream one, cannot believe in two months ill be bathing my little bab in it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Me too!!!! wasn't till I saw pushki's post that I remembered the bath!!!! Thanks....

Phew Im not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Bath 7 euro in Ikea!
    Total hormonal meltdown today! Nearly crashed the car and all! Bloody hell! And after a lovely morning of going to my GP, blood pressure back to normal, heartbeats good, generally not too bad apart from the size of me and weight of everything but all ok! With the consultant tomorrow and blood pressure will probably be through the roof after this afternoon! This is getting very hard:(
    Sitting with my clown feet up now, they are so swollen and my hands are not much better. Anyone else feeling the clown feet syndrome yet???
    Yea the cravings are a strange one, is it to do with pregnancy or is there just something you fancy eating and you put it down to pregnancy? I went through a mad thing of fish and chips and I wouldn't be a fish person at all! Now since I read about the Big Mac a few posts back I need one!!!! Hmmmmm!!!!!!
    July posts freaked me out a bit when I read them alright! It's getting close, although I'm wondering how close I actually am seeing as everyone says they will come early themselves and I'll never make mid August!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

The hormones are raging :o

Plus my babs daddy wants to meet friday to try and reach some Amicable form of communication lol me ass.

Have a few things sorted for the baby but kinda leaving it to the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Hi all, just dropping in from the july thread to ask a question :) A little while ago you were talking about an alternative iron tablet to galfer...something C? I would really appreciate if one of ye could remind my baby brain of what it is as I don't like galfer :)
    Thanks!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Hi all, just dropping in from the july thread to ask a question :) A little while ago you were talking about an alternative iron tablet to galfer...something C? I would really appreciate if one of ye could remind my baby brain of what it is as I don't like galfer :)
    Thanks!

Hi TwoMums2be.

They are called Ferrograd C. I would highly recommend them. I couldn't take the Galfer myself. The Chemist told me the Ferrograd have the same amount of iron as the Galfer but they release the iron slower throughout the day. The Galfer releases the iron in one go which causes the side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks Kinioiri :) that's exactly the info I needed :D
    Much appreciated!

Hi Girls,

I was in Dunnes Stores this morning, they have the Avent Bottles starter kit half price. Very good value, it was €12. The have the microwave steriliser half price too. Loads of baby products on offer.I got the bottles even though I am planning on breastfeeding. I will need them at some stage anyway.

Has anyone watched One Born Every Minute on channel 4 on Sunday nights. I don't want to watch it but can't help myself lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Went shopping for the last few bits for hospital bag. So relieved to have it all done, was sick of looking at the list! Could not get a button up night dress ANYWHERE... Ended up getting a grey striped one that has about 5 or 6 buttons down the front. At least I have one to put in the bag and can keep an eye out! SO I am now half packed...wahoo!!

I wouldn't have thought of a baby bath but a friend of mine gave me a cool little one with a thermometer on the bottom of it!

How is everyone?? I feel all heavy and stuff, like I have eaten way too much!! V uncomfortable!

Hi Gee G, your night dress sounds like mine, is it from Dunnes?

I can only eat small amounts at the moment. I have no appetite. I am worried I am not eating enough.

Sounds like my night dress too,

Im feeling heavy, big, hungry, not hungry, tired, uncomfortable, have a headache and sore throat so yeah feeling great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Betsie that's exactly how I'm feeling! Heavy, hungry, not hungry (just hitting slice of toast no.3!) tired (wide awake right now!), uncomfortable, headache and generally a bit mental :S
    A lot of pressure going on here and not feeling great this evening. Hope it's not the start of things to come just yet!
    Kiniori watched One Born Every Minute all through the new year. It started a couple of weeks after I found out I was pregnant and I found it helped me through those first weeks although it's hard to believe I'm now nearly at the stage I was watching all those women at! I probably was able to watch it because I already had one and nothing shocked me on it :) I find Im watching it whenever it's on now! More because some of the couples are very funny :)
    Oh my God I just set off the smoke alarm making more toast!!!!! Yes 3.15 am!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I got a tummy tub, did anyone else get one of these??

Advertisement