Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Wow its amazing the way we are all feeling the same kind of. I couldn't get proper sleep today ( i was working last night) kept getting pains in my hips. And nightmares.

New look the golfer is so bad i keep 'forgetting' to take mine occasionally too :-P
    Congrats. October on your exam results:-).
    Slept most of the day so probably be up all night :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i love knowing that i am not alone in the way that i am feeling, aches and pains and and and, i love having somewhere to come and vent, there is only so much complaining that my oh can take :)

congrats october on your exam results,

fingers crossed i sleep tonight :) and i dont have any work tomorrow which was a shock but i wont complain haha

have the hospital again now thursday, love getting to see baby :)

I know i don't have that excuse for an oh to complain to anymore and i don't want to be complaining to my parents!! Great to vent here!! Bad back pain :-( walking around like a little old lady. It was such a difficult task to wash my hair but i did it:-)
    Yey!!

is it too much to ask to be able to get a full nights sleep? im awake since 4.30 :(

I feel your pain betsie, i was awake all night and still haven't got any sleep. Got a text from 'him' wanting to meet up and all that ?!
    Id rather chew my arm off than meet with him! he says he feels bad about what the did to me. But i cannot forgive him and just be friends . Really bugging me. Getting so stressed out and i need to rest for work. tonight :-(

• Advertisement

I could go asleep now but i know if i go to bed now i will be awake at 2or something like that, its so fecking annoying,

pushki do you think he is starting to feel a bit guilty maybe?

Ya betsie. He is he says this is killing him and he feels really bad about everything.
    I've told him there's no way i can see him after everything that's happened. My mind just can't deal with it.
    Feeling lots of movements thank god at least baby isn't too stressed :-)

Typical man try to come crawling with his tail between his legs,

its good your feeling baby move loads anyway, that's the important thing

fingers crossed i get some sleep tonight anyway although baby is flat out at the moment so will be a while before i get to sleep if she has anything to do with it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hi pushki hang in there and be strong. ;)

The guilt is kicking in now is what is wrong with him.

I was meant to be going to a first aid event in july and i'm not going because the creep i was seeing will be there and there is no way i want to see him!
    I would kick his ass and end up with a criminal record! :eek:

Was just reading the July thread and they are worring about one thing that has been bothering me .. If any "celebs" namely cancelled and Alex name their baby 'my' name. I will freak!! I know not really an important thing to worry about.. But still!

Had a great days sleep today thank god but i am definitely getting slower. Back is starting to feel the extra load so im trying to lie down as much as i can. I've been waiting for this nesting thing to kick in but so far I've barely enough energy to feed myself!
    So much movement from baby in the last day or so im really happy. :-)

• Advertisement

oh is nesting more then me, im going to dublin next weekend with my sister and he had his father coming over to put down a new wooden floor in the babys room and to paint the room too, was ment to be a surprise for me but his father said it to me on sat but its still really sweet,

im getting much slower too and have a nice waddle going on now too :)

i dont think it would bother me too much about a celbs baby with the same name as mine, celbs baby will be forgotten about where as i will never forget my baby x

hope ye all had a nice relaxing weekend, i have hospital appointment on thursday, cant wait to see my little girl again,

Aww. Betsie that's so sweet of your oh and his dad :-) do you know what colour they'll paint it or will they keep it a surprise?
    I totaly. Agree with you that the celebs will be forgotten and the name would be unique to our own babits anyway, its just i have no other back up names!

I've also a hospital app tomorrow and ante natal class in the evening. Ill be wrecked from it all. I just wish i could look forward to things like these but my mind is elsewhere :-( think that's why i haven't begun nesting or anything yet i feel like im in limbo.

Hope all august mum are doing well xx

Don't know what colour they are painting it and Im not going to ask either,

is it your 1st anti natal class pushki, hope your appointment goes well for you, i think i have enough of work, its so difficult, don't mind mornings so much easy enough in the media but the evening minding the 3kids is awful can't keep up with them any more,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

You work full time day job and mind kids in the evenign Betsie?? You're a great woman!:D
    Just had a scan, everything's good! baby has decided to turn since last Mondays appointment and is breech! Measuring an est. 4lbs 3oz already...gonna be a whopper!!:)

Now in regards to hospital bags I have a few questions....
    - How big are yer bags? I was going to put all of babies stuff and enough for 2/3 days for myself, thinking I was downsizing but tis still gonna be a small ish(bigger than hand luggage size) suitcase or a v big gear bag!
    - Are ye bringing cardigans or just one for way home for babs??
    -Also, i could not find a front opening night dress today, I wonder would one with a few buttons at the neck of it do?I know this is prob for the skin to skin contact after birth is it??
    - And whats with the disposable pants on the list??

Sorry about all the questions, I have been talking about doing the bags weeks and doing bits but woke up on sat morn in a big panic for some reason about not having them packed and cant settle until they're finished!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Gee_G wrote: »

Now in regards to hospital bags I have a few questions....
    - How big are yer bags? I was going to put all of babies stuff and enough for 2/3 days for myself, thinking I was downsizing but tis still gonna be a small ish(bigger than hand luggage size) suitcase or a v big gear bag!
    - Are ye bringing cardigans or just one for way home for babs??
    -Also, i could not find a front opening night dress today, I wonder would one with a few buttons at the neck of it do?I know this is prob for the skin to skin contact after birth is it??
    - And whats with the disposable pants on the list??

I have a small bag for the labour ward that's like a big handbag, just for a nightie for labour plus a spare to change into, baby's first outfit plus nappy, and a towel to freshen up with.

Then I've an overnight bag, like big enough for a weekend away, where I'll have few spare pj's, clothes and cellular blankets for baby, nappies, maternity pads, towels and toiletries.

I'm planning on having a third bag with extra clothes for me and baby and nappies etc, but will leave that one in the car just in case we need something from it.

I just have one cardigan for the baby, think hospitals are plenty warm, if not too warm as it is.

Front opening nighties are for the skin to skin but also for breastfeeding I think?

And the disposable pants are because we'll be bleeding for a few weeks, so they recommend these. I have a few massive granny pants that I'll use then I'll fire them in the bin.

I have a small bag for the labour ward and i have a small suitcase then for my stay in hospital, ill have to have an extra bag ready too so oh can jst grab stuff out of it as i need stuff,

Im not going to bother with the disposable panties, i have a load of old ones that could do with being thrown out anyway im just going to use them,

My mam has made a few cardigans for me but i wont be usng them till im leaving the hospital

I got lovely front opening nightdreses in dunnes for €8 there is about 7 or 8 buttons down the front and 100 % cotton and the sizes are very generous too lots of room in them and very comfortable

Gee_G wrote: »
    You work full time day job and mind kids in the evenign Betsie?? You're a great woman!:D

Only saw this bit of pot there now Gee G em i work for a dentist i work her surgury every morning bar wed and i collect her kids then from creche and school in the afternoons so thats my day every day :)

I was in Dunnes today and couldn't get a night dress! There's another one quite near me, will try it maybe tomorrow! I have everything for babys bag now which is one thing sorted!!(I think!!) Everybody feeling ok?? I see(from nosing on the page!!) that somebody from the due in July thread had their baby! :) Madness to think we're getting that close! Who is due early August?I wonder who will be our first!! :D

Im due the 5th think October is the 3rd, its mad to think alright its getting so so close, feeling really really tired today i could of went to sleep in work, and my back is killing me :-(

Im due the 5th think October is the 3rd, its mad to think alright its getting so so close, feeling really really tired today i could of went to sleep in work, and my back is killing me :-(

U not sleeping right either?? I have figured out that I will sleep soundly with a pillow in between my knees, I think it takes the pressure off my bladder and doesn't wake me AS much! Baby has moved down from under my ribs which is great...bit less pain! I have probably said this before on here(or even to you) but try putting hot water bottle behind your back...it does wonders!!!:)

• Advertisement

I have a hot water bottle behind my back as we speak :-) might try the pillow between my legs tonight, see does it make a difference, i would do anything for a good sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I'm due 3rd, am in another August mammy group and one of the girls had her baby last Monday, 32 weeks, all is well thank god!

I find the hot water bottle great for behind the back before i sleep. Ya i saw that one of the July mums had hr baby! Oh god its becoming so real now !! Im due the 16th. Will definitely pack my bags this week :-D

There doesn't seem to be as many expecting in august as there is in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah there seems to be loads of women due in July, mad! I like our little group though, even thought we're small :)

Thats lovely betsie about the baby's room. Would love to be able to have a room to decorate for baby, but unfortunately the 3 of us will be squeezing into my bedroom at home. Ah well, it'll be cosy! :P

Getting very very uncomfortable now, baby is pushing up into my ribs and I'm getting quite short of breath. Sorry if this is a bit icky but has anyone else noticed an increase in discharge? Seem to have a lot the last week, along with cramping. Am getting really sick of feeling so massive and finding it so hard to move around :(

Edit - Oh and yeah I'm due the 3rd, convinced I'll go overdue though!

Ya October i like our little group too :-) im the same as you only have my own bedroom for the two of us but ill do my best to decorate it all nice, that's if i ever get around to it!
    I think that's normal for the third trimester to notice an increase in discharge but if you are getting bad cramps too it might be best to ask the gp or a midwife.
    Ye are all early august !!

SSFG wrote: »
    I'm due 3rd, am in another August mammy group and one of the girls had her baby last Monday, 32 weeks, all is well thank god!

Thank god baby is doing ok
    0ctober wrote: »
    Yeah there seems to be loads of women due in July, mad! I like our little group though, even thought we're small :)

Thats lovely betsie about the baby's room. Would love to be able to have a room to decorate for baby, but unfortunately the 3 of us will be squeezing into my bedroom at home. Ah well, it'll be cosy! :P

Getting very very uncomfortable now, baby is pushing up into my ribs and I'm getting quite short of breath. Sorry if this is a bit icky but has anyone else noticed an increase in discharge? Seem to have a lot the last week, along with cramping. Am getting really sick of feeling so massive and finding it so hard to move around :(

Edit - Oh and yeah I'm due the 3rd, convinced I'll go overdue though!

yeah it will be nice when its done, all going well, im uncomfortable most of the time, between legs in my ribs and getting punched down around my hips, discharge will increase a bit from now until the end but if you notice a massive difference be no harm to ask your doc,

my oh is convinced that im going to go early and tbh its freaking me out a bit going away the weekend and he wont be with me :( but im sure ill be ok :)

there is very few of us here alright but i love our little group too, its nice to know that there is others out there going through the same as you and if you need to moan or ask any questions pop on here and there is always someone to answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi all, glad everyone is doing good, we are getting so close now, im due 9th of aug and going to pack the bags this weekend, had a bereavement in the family, my uncle died suddenly it was such a shock for all of us, so im catching up on the thread today. Yes i agree re the sleep its very hard isnt it to get comfy at night, the pillow between legs really works a treat. Cant wait to finish up work have zero interest in being here anymore feel iv loads to do and so little time.

Rose35 wrote: »
    Hi all, glad everyone is doing good, we are getting so close now, im due 9th of aug and going to pack the bags this weekend, had a bereavement in the family, my uncle died suddenly it was such a shock for all of us, so im catching up on the thread today. Yes i agree re the sleep its very hard isnt it to get comfy at night, the pillow between legs really works a treat. Cant wait to finish up work have zero interest in being here anymore feel iv loads to do and so little time.

rose im sorry to hear about your uncle, its never easy to deal with, i started off asleep last night with a pilow between my legs and woke up an hour later to pee and thepillow was on the floor. i feel the very same in work, just dont want to be there at all, and i do really like my work most of the time but i just have enough

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

I'm officially due the end of August but because I'm having a section it'll be the middle of August but I'd say if I get that far I'll be doing well! I met a girl in Dunnes yesterday and she asked me had I long to go and I said 7 or 8 weeks and she said she was due on Monday and looked at my bump! I was bigger than her and then I said I was having twins and she said she was wondering about the size of me!!! The the checkout woman asked me the same thing! Massive is not the word! And I don't know where anything else is gonna go if I get much bigger!!!
    October I would def check about the cramping. I had pains and ended up in hospital for 24 hours last week to make sure it wan't contractions. They said if I had any worries at all to contact maternity unit because that's what they're there for. Better to have peace of mind :)
    Pushki I decided to go back to "remembering" to take the second iron tablet, HELL!!!
    I have one of those long pillows that goes under my bump and between my legs for sleeping and it is really good. Sometimes I don't use it but I do find that it helps me get a few hours of sleep when I do use it. I think the rest of the lack of sleep is down to a million thoughts in my head!
    Gee G I bought a nightie in Penneys yesterday which has buttons on the front. They're not too bad either, not too grannyish :) and they're only six euro. I got it for the day of the section for afterwards so that I'm not wearing pj bottoms that might be too sore although all the ones I bought for hospital are massive anyway, they should be ok. But when I noticed the buttons on the front I thought of the group :)
    I'm away now for a nosey on the July page ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks New Look...gonna have to go looking again! Who knew out of all the stuff I had to buy for myself and baby that a bloody night dress would be the hardest thing to find :D

I generally am not a believer in cravings as such, I think that you just kind of get something into your head and thats it, being pregnant...good excuse to get it! But OMG...I can not get Sushi out of my head the past week(not the fish Sushi, veg and duck etc.) I actually think I was dreaming about it last night(mad woman!!) and there is NOWHERE to get Sushi anywhere near me(near as in within an hours drive.) Its ridiculous girls! Typical of me that I wouldn't crave something ya can buy in the local shop!:D

Advertisement