Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I was thinking that but if you bought it in Germany you'd pay the german tax and wouldn't have to pay our extra tax. It's strange that they have to change the price when bought online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭PaulieC

TBi wrote: »
    I was thinking that but if you bought it in Germany you'd pay the german tax and wouldn't have to pay our extra tax. It's strange that they have to change the price when bought online.

It's VAT alright. The default delivery location for amazon.de is germany, so the german tax is applied. Only when you select a different address i.e. Ireland is the Irish vat rate applied

It's gone back up to 406. Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I bought it for €388 approximately before the price went up. Like the phone so far - no branding and fully unlocked. May take me a while to get used to it, but it is a step-up from the n97! I miss folder management and deeper customisation - Symbian was the daddy of all that - they just never evolved that much. Office & xbox live integration is top-notch though.

Back on sale again... not sure whether to buy or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm in love with mine.

Just copped zune is only available in America so I have to set up itunes and sync from there. I hope they expand, that's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Back on sale again... not sure whether to buy or not...

Ah **** me...If the Cyan one was that price before i bought my Titan i would have went for it!!! :)

I hope they expand, that's ridiculous.

Blame the record companies, not MS.

Blame the record companies, not MS.

As much as I wanna blame the record companies I want to blame MS for not showing enough initiative to expand to smaller markets.

Even though their hands were tied for a long time due to the rules for anti competitiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Did anyone buy the Nokia hard cover for their Lumia's? I got the blue one for my Cyan Lumia and have to say it looks great. Don't be fooled by the pictures online they looked completely different. They're like a coloured chrome but it works really well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Anyone on O2 having trouble with sending / receiving MMS with the lumia recently? Unbranded and unlocked model that was working fine as recently as 2 weeks ago but has not sent or received the last few days. My own HD7 on O2 continues to work fine. Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

What's the story with tethering? Have Nokia released an update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Awaiting Firmware update from Nokia, Read over on xda-developers the update should be soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I'm in love with mine.

I have to say, although it lacks tethering and the Zune thing is ridiculous, I got my Lumia 800 yesterday and after my first night using it I have to say I am VERY impressed. I shall eat a slice or two of humble pie today I think. :o

One thing though, how can I take screenshots of the phone? Like the iPhone, hold the camera button and the power button or something along those lines?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I'm in love with mine.

I have to say, although it lacks tethering and the Zune thing is ridiculous, I got my Lumia 800 yesterday and after my first night using it I have to say I am VERY impressed. I shall eat a slice or two of humble pie today I think. :o

One thing though, how can I take screenshots of the phone? Like the iPhone, hold the camera button and the power button or something along those lines?

Can't.

Only way to do it is home few :)

You'll get used to Zune. Think everyone did. I actually missed it when I sold my Omnia 7 and got a Sensation. Its a lot easier to press sync to my Titan rather to dig between folders of 10k plus songs :)

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Did anyone buy the Nokia hard cover for their Lumia's? I got the blue one for my Cyan Lumia and have to say it looks great. Don't be fooled by the pictures online they looked completely different. They're like a coloured chrome but it works really well

I got a cyan cover with my phone from Amazon.de and I have to say it fits very nicely. A bloke in a Vodafone shop showed me one of the ones they give out here to fit the black phone and they are awful.

What's the story with tethering? Have Nokia released an update yet?

As far as I am aware it is Microsoft that have not enabled tethering on handsets not Nokia. But I heard that it will be coming in the next software release.

Its Nokia that has to write the drivers for it to enable them properly.

Then its up to your carrier weather he wants tethering or not.

I have a vodafone Titan so i pressume Lumia is going to get tethering update to enable that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

The N9 is far superior in my opinion. Meego works brilliantly and you can pick up a 64GB for about €500 off Ebay. €609 on Phonesonline but even at that price i'd still recommend it!

Should take a serious look at it before buying a Lumia 800.

The N9 is far superior in my opinion. Meego works brilliantly and you can pick up a 64GB for about €500 off Ebay. €609 on Phonesonline but even at that price i'd still recommend it!

Should take a serious look at it before buying a Lumia 800.

If only the N9 had the Windows os would I consider buying it. 64GB and a fcc would have been nice.

• Advertisement

I have a vodafone Titan so i pressume Lumia is going to get tethering update to enable that.

Does the Titan allow tethering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Play around with the start screen, it's loads of fun. You can stick games, songs, contacts..most things to it and you can remove the Nokia stuff from it if you want. This is what I love about Nokia, they always make everything so personalised and colourful..my phone is pink which the networks here are not going to bother to release...or cyan either.

hadoken13 wrote: »

Does the Titan allow tethering?

Yes. That was just one of the very few reasons why I chose it. But hopefully Nokia will send the tethering update with the rest of the fixes for hardware

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Nokia/Nokia-Lumia-Coming-To-Meteor/td-p/27293

Lumia's coming meteors way soon :)
    Hi Guys,

We’ll have both the 710 and the 800 (black and also white- exclusive to Meteor) and they will be available from from March 1st.

I'll let you know the pricing once I get it.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hey lads, got a Lumia 800 today and am really liking it so far.

I have a wee bit of an issue with notifications though. My lock screen shows that I have what seems to be two SMS and a calendar reminder. I can't figure out what these represent, nor do I really care.

Is it possible to clear the lock screen of notifications?

Hey lads, got a Lumia 800 today and am really liking it so far.

I have a wee bit of an issue with notifications though. My lock screen shows that I have what seems to be two SMS and a calendar reminder. I can't figure out what these represent, nor do I really care.

Is it possible to clear the lock screen of notifications?

Maybe its a Facebook event? If you haven't added your own events it might show Facebook events. You can turn those off via calendar settings.

The only way to clear notifications is to actually look at them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone got any sales figures for the Lumia, it looks like Nokia won't release the sales figures for the US, some saying because the sales have been so poor, I've read of 200'000 sales in Germany which sounds like a lot but some have commented that this too is a poor figure for Germany.

While I didn't expect huge uptake of the device dire sales figures would be a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

i dont think it has been released in the US yet. The mumblings arent great. Some say 400,000 handsets have been sold since launch. Android sell that many in one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

fits wrote: »
    i dont think it has been released in the US yet. The mumblings arent great. Some say 400,000 handsets have been sold since launch. Android sell that many in one day.

It was released on the 14th of Feb I thought?

EDIT:
    In the United States, the chances of seeing someone using a Windows Phone 7 handset seem about as good as spotting a leprechaun riding a unicorn. Sales here of the new Windows smartphones have been so tiny that Microsoft has shied away from sharing numbers.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/21/nokia-lumia-europe/

Not good!!

At least it gets better for Nokia in Europe:
    But your odds are better in Europe. Recent signs suggest that Nokia’s Lumia handsets with the Windows Phone 7 software are doing reasonably well there.

Advertisement