Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Can you not just set folder scanning in Zune to the iTunes folders and you wont have to do anything just turn Zune on.

I mean its not like an arm and a leg ripped out of Windows Phone. Its actually a missing service of Music service from Zune in Ireland. I pressume Microsoft doesnt see enough point in paing licencing fees to sell music in Ireland for a small group of users on boards.ie :( damn bastards

I dont think Zune pass would be extremely something missed by average users. But Local Scout is something they have to get their game up.

If no one has noticed its not windows phone missing these features. Its Microsoft services that before the launch of Windows Phone never seen the daylight on this side of the pond.

Local Scout does work. There is just Zero data base for it :S

Oh well i got Navigon for all my google POI's anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

Music Seach doesn't work either for the same reason. And a few other services. Local Scout doesn't eben show up if you set your locale as Ireland. How will Vodafone explain that away? It was OK when it was people bringing in unlocked phones from the overseas. But now expectatins may be a bit higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

ozymandius wrote: »
    Music Seach doesn't work either for the same reason. And a few other services. Local Scout doesn't eben show up if you set your locale as Ireland. How will Vodafone explain that away? It was OK when it was people bringing in unlocked phones from the overseas. But now expectatins may be a bit higher.

That's a strange point to make. Vodafone were selling the TITAN last year and the LG Optimus since 2010. They've had to explain since then... So...I don't get your point...

I saw a lumia 800 today in person. Is it just me or is the white on screen a little on the blue side?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

TBi wrote: »

That's a strange point to make. Vodafone were selling the TITAN last year and the LG Optimus since 2010. They've had to explain since then... So...I don't get your point...

I saw a lumia 800 today in person. Is it just me or is the white on screen a little on the blue side?

Because this is 2 years later and VF will be pushing it hard to the mass market. Not just to us geeks who may tolerate missing things. Also MS have had time enough to support these services by now.

Nope, white is white here.

All amoled screens have a small blue tint. Youll especially see it when screen is off and going against side while tilting.

Tbh its very hard to notice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Interesting new features promised to Hardware partners for Windows Phone 8

Leaked video shows that MS are working on removable microSD storage, NFC (for mobile payments), better data management / recording, multicore processors, different screen resolutions, Zune desktop replacement etc for Windows Phone 8 due around the same time as Windows 8 on desktops (September 2012?)

If I can make my HD7 last me till then there should be some great hardware available; I'm especially keen on NFC technology since there are going to be a lot of Irish retailers supporting it with the arrival of NFC Debit cards from most of the Irish banks. Go to Spar, swipe your phone, lunch is bought!

ozymandius wrote: »
    Because this is 2 years later and VF will be pushing it hard to the mass market. Not just to us geeks who may tolerate missing things. Also MS have had time enough to support these services by now.

Nope, white is white here.

A lot of people tolerate missing things, especially if they aren't advertised as available. Only geeks would really know they are missing.

I didn't see anywhere in the shop about local scout, music search or zune pass. How can Joe Soap miss something he don't know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

They're giving these out on Baggot Street.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/nokiacookie.jpg/

quad_red wrote: »
    They're giving these out on Baggot Street.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/nokiacookie.jpg/

Mmm coooookies :)

nokiacookie.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Paul

Who'd like an Xbox and and a brand new Nokia Lumia 800 Windows phone to go with it?

You do, you say?

Well take a look here on how to enter. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056538643

No catch at all and no requirement to be a Vodafone customer to enter. Good luck!

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

oops wrong thread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aliaslinden

dammnit wrong thread

Who'd like an Xbox and and a brand new Nokia Lumia 800 Windows phone to go with it?

You do, you say?

Well take a look here on how to enter. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056538643

No catch at all and no requirement to be a Vodafone customer to enter. Good luck!

Paul

Hey Paul

Mmm not sure is it me but the line "The Nokia Lumia 800 is the first Windows smartphone running of windows 7.5 mango and is exclusive to vodafone"

Should it not be "The Nokia Lumia 800 is the first Windows Phone Mango Smartphone from Nokia which is exclusive to Vodafone"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah that stood out to me earlier as well, terrible mistake to make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Paul

You are of course correct
    Sorry about that lads, I'll have amended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Does anyone know if the Lumias Vodafone are selling on billpay are simlocked? I don't have a spare microsim to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

@Vodafone: Paul

Any idea of when the Cyan model will be coming to Vodafone? I am dying to get this phone but only the Cyan model as I can give it to the missus and get a new Nokia in about 6 months time.

I want to stay with Vodafone too as they've looked after me a lot in the past, so even if o2 have a Cyan model on launch day will not tempt me. But only if it's guaranteed to come to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I'm seeing out of stock on Vodafone website - must be popular!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

AntiVirus wrote: »
    He said it was "Ridiculously impressive" last night then woke up this morning saying he found navigation quickly became a chore like on the Zune. If he had been playing with the phone all night then woke up and posted that, it would have made sense, but he hadn't.

He should buy the phone he likes best, I'd always tell someone to try out other phones first.

Defensive? only if someone has come on to post garbage who doesn't post in this thread.

If you look at my posts I've never told someone to buy a Windows phone over an iPhone or an Android. Only with the LG Optimus but you just have to compare it to their other options that they were thinking of. Most of my posts are to help people with their phone.

It's very hard to read the tone of a post so I wouldn't read to much into that.

I haven't seen any Windows Phone user do this either.

My bad, thought you were referring to the issue he had with Zune. Guess it will have a relatively small learning curve especially for people coming from the simple to use iOS.

I waited 10 months for a white iPhone, eventually got a WP7 because i was bored waiting (and didn't want black iPhone). This white Lumia 800 looks very alluring though. Might wait for it.

• Advertisement

I waited 10 months for a white iPhone, eventually got a WP7 because i was bored waiting (and didn't want black iPhone). This white Lumia 800 looks very alluring though. Might wait for it.

Slashgear have a little video clip of it on their site

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-lumia-800-white-official-hands-on-06212165/

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Slashgear have a little video clip of it on their site

I'd like to see what FW it's running. If it has the fixes for audio/camera yet.

I'd like to see what FW it's running. If it has the fixes for audio/camera yet.
    I'd imagine it's the same as the ones out now until a fix comes!

kmart6 wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's the same as the ones out now until a fix comes!

Yip, its no different to the one's we've got.

Untitled-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You are of course correct
    Sorry about that lads, I'll have amended.
    In the hopes you see this....

Why are you only carrying the Black, and then offering the choice of Cyan and Magenta covers?!

Any chance of the White edition?!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nialldinho

just noticed it's down to 369.99 on amazon.de without the branding..

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B006GJTC2G/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

nialldinho wrote: »

That's a pretty damn good offer too - Irish and UK sites are pricing way higher at the moment.

nialldinho wrote: »

It goes from €369 to €381,40 when you try to order... plus €7.38 shipping so total is €388.78. Still cheaper than Ireland but i want to know why the price increases?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

It's just the difference in VAT between Ireland and Germany

€369 includes VAT at German rate of 19%
    = €310.08 ex VAT
    +€6 ex VAT for delivery
    = €316.08 *1.23 = €388.78 inc VAT at Irish rate of 23%

Advertisement