Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

seadnamac wrote: »
    Cool thanks. And what's the other sim card for?

For the worst case scenario :) In case they screw up you wont need to wait for a new sim card to be sent out as you will have a spare one lying around. Better safe than sorry I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

AntiVirus wrote: »
    vicM wrote: »
    Finally the OH took the plunge after much cajoling..Ordered via Amazon.de and awaiting to see how long it takes. Together with a Car Cradle for SGS2 came to 433e

Forgot to order with a MicroSIM cutter..:mad:

It's actually very easy to do with a good pair of scissors.
    That's what I was thinking..will have to back up her contacts though..is it just a matter of cutting it into shape yeah..

That's what I was thinking..will have to back up her contacts though..is it just a matter of cutting it into shape yeah..

Actually Nokia WP7's have an app to allow you Bluetooth contact transfer :)

Actually Nokia WP7's have an app to allow you Bluetooth contact transfer :)
    Yeah but I'll be transferring to the WP7, will probably be cutting her Sim to micro so hopefully things work out

Yeah but I'll be transferring to the WP7, will probably be cutting her Sim to micro so hopefully things work out

That's what I meant. All Lumina phones have an app to transfer contacts from old phone to wp7 through bt. So no need to move sims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

It does get Nokia Drive, its gets everything its bigger brother the Lumia 800 gets. Even the Lumia 610 gets all the Nokia app's :)

you sure? I remember at the launch they said that only the 800 would get Nokia Drive. Looking at the Nokia UK site, the specs mention nokia maps, but not Nokia drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

you sure? I remember at the launch they said that only the 800 would get Nokia Drive. Looking at the Nokia UK site, the specs mention nokia maps, but not Nokia drive.

100% positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

O2 is offering the phone for less with higher price plans. Meteor, higher phone price lower price plans

Comparing (almost) like for like:

O2 - 99 euros and 40.66 pm = approx 850 over 18 months
    Meteor - 149 euros and 20.33 pm = approx 515 over 18 months

Plans are approximately equal:
    O2 - 250 text + 250 minutes + 150 MB (750MB for 3 months)
    Meteor - 200 text + 200 minutes + 500 MB

For me, meteor beats O2 hands down, without regard to coverage/customer service etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Finally the OH took the plunge after much cajoling..Ordered via Amazon.de and awaiting to see how long it takes. Together with a Car Cradle for SGS2 came to 433e

Forgot to order with a MicroSIM cutter..:mad:

Not long. I ordered mine on a Thursday afternoon, it shipped on Friday and arrived Monday morning. So same timeframe, expect it on Monday.

Not long. I ordered mine on a Thursday afternoon, it shipped on Friday and arrived Monday morning. So same timeframe, expect it on Monday.

Mmmh..Monday seems a long way off.Sold of her phone before getting her a new one :o
    lets see what happens..

• Advertisement

For me, meteor beats O2 hands down, without regard to coverage/customer service etc.

tell you what, that's a pretty sweet deal

Though one disadvantage with Meteor there. I know this cause that's the reason I didn't sign with them. I know it might be a deal breaker for some. But I know if I lost free calls and texts to Meteor after 12 months my bill would go up to 50 euro a month or more or I wouldn't text that much. My gf doesn't believe in calling cause the convo lasts so little. She would rather text and make it longer :) and I hate texting, but I know this would send my bill sky high like it did over a year ago when I signed with em

Mmmh..Monday seems a long way off.Sold of her phone before getting her a new one :o
    lets see what happens..

Hope you get a spare one. I know my gf would scream the head of me if I told her she wont have a phone for 3 days :)

Hope you get a spare one. I know my gf would scream the head of me if I told her she wont have a phone for 3 days :)

ill try to be more pissed of than her when it doesn't arrive saturday;)

Good news, there's a big difference in battery comsumption.

Untitled-8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I hope this is out sooner, rather than later. Absolutely love the Lumia but had practically no battery left by 5pm after taking off charge at 9am. Barely any use today as I was at home all day and only sent about 6 texts and about 5 mins on the phone, and very little internet.

chrislad wrote: »
    I hope this is out sooner, rather than later. Absolutely love the Lumia but had practically no battery left by 5pm after taking off charge at 9am. Barely any use today as I was at home all day and only sent about 6 texts and about 5 mins on the phone, and very little internet.

Over that same time period of usage (8 hours) I have 80% left with a good bit of usage, games, music and internet. How much does your usage drop by overnight?

If the usage is low the problem is not the battery.

This firmware proves that there was something that was draining the battery. Most likely 3G.

Over that same time period of usage (8 hours) I have 80% left with a good bit of usage, games, music and internet. How much does your usage drop by overnight?

This firmware proves that there was something that was draining the battery. Most likely 3G.

I've had a few Windows phones and this is the only one it happens to. Had the Omnia W and HTC Radar. Both were fine with same settings and apps.

I've had a few Windows phones and this is the only one it happens to. Had the Omnia W and HTC Radar. Both were fine with same settings and apps.

I think you've mixed up the OS and firmware, Its Nokia's new firmware that fixes the mysterious battery drain. You can see the difference in the picture above. There's no problems with any other make of windows phone.

speeding wrote: »
    Hey Lads

I'm selling my 2 week old lumia 800 on adverts. It was bought on vodafone prepay and has since been unlocked. Perfect condition hardly used !!!

link is here for those interested </snip>

Bit of a high price considering you can order a brand new sim free one of ebay.de or a couple of extra web sites for around 370.

Expect a long waiting time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Update for the Lumia 800 should be available in couple of weeks as O2 approved an update

simi956 wrote: »
    Update for the Lumia 800 should be available in couple of weeks as O2 approved an update

any idea of the firmware version?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

The forum post did not indicate the version i'm afraid

Does anyone have an unbranded Nokia Lumia 800, and if so, can you post the firmware version? Just want to check if the Meteor ones are unbranded/stock firmware. Nothing on it to indicate Meteor did any messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Does anyone have an unbranded Nokia Lumia 800, and if so, can you post the firmware version? Just want to check if the Meteor ones are unbranded/stock firmware. Nothing on it to indicate Meteor did any messing.

Here's hoping... My online order shipped out today (a white one :D) I remember I bought a HTC Desire from them about 2 years ago, got it day 1, was completely stock, they had done nothing to it. It's an admirable practice.

the firmware version number would be the same on an unbranded Nokia Lumia 800 as a branded Nokia Lumia 800. The current version number is: 1600.2483.8107.11500 or 1600.2483.8107.11501. 11500 versions are updated through Zune and 11501 are updated by Nokia service centres etc...

I've checked the two firmwares to see if there's any differences in the files, the good news is there's only a .01 difference in one file so it looks like there's no Meteor branding or meteor bloatware installed. :D
    Untitled-9.jpg

Anyway you could always flash it :)

Could be the only change is the internet and mms settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Just got my Lumia 800 today and been playing with it all evening. Must say I'm very impressed though the limited availability of apps is a tad disappointing (though something I knew going in) hopefully this will be resolved in time.

Is there any apps that you really miss though? I had an iPhone for years and there's nothing that stands out at me that I miss. The only major one seems to be Viber, and I never used it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well you can use WhatsApp instead of Viber! Works across all platforms...not just limited to iOS and Android!

Advertisement