Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

adox wrote: »
    I've had mine a day or so now and really liking it. One thing though, mines a Vodafone phone and the firmware ends in 11501 and is showing as the latest firmware available, both on the phone and in Zune yesterday on the work PC. Shouldnt the latest firmware end in 12070?

Vodafone might not have rolled it out yet for your lumia yet

The Nokia chart show that the update is available for Lumia's with the product code: 059M749

You can find your Lumia's product code on the sim tray.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-lumia-800-software-update/nokia-lumia-800-software-update-availability

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thanks guys. Have the sim card left in the office in work so will check it on Tuesday when I'm back there.

I seem to be having a problem with Twitter integration. I have the Twitter app downloaded and am logged in and getting updates in the app but, if I go into any of the integrated tiles, me, people, Im not getting any feed from the Twitter account, although Facebook is working fine. Also if I go into my photos and look to upload one, there is no option to upload to Twitter.

Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

Edit: Hadnt added the account to email and accounts. Doh! Ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

How are people getting on with the USB cover that sticks out, charging it in the car and using it with a phone holder?

Also another question.

Is it unlocked and stock from Vodafone via the carphonewarehouse, or is it branded by Vodafone?

mad muffin wrote: »
    How are people getting on with the USB cover that sticks out, charging it in the car and using it with a phone holder?

No problems using it in the car with my modified holder ;)

Untitled-13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi
    apologies if this has been asked before..
    I have received an email with an mp3 attachment that plays ok but can't download it ..This is driving me nuts!!
    I've tried everything!!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi
    apologies if this has been asked before..
    I have received an email with an mp3 attachment that plays ok but can't download it ..This is driving me nuts!!
    I've tried everything!!
    Thanks

You cant, you can only put music in through Zune or an application that enables the PC to read mass storage of your phone.

Copyright/Security reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

adox wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Have the sim card left in the office in work so will check it on Tuesday when I'm back there.

It'll be in the sim tray of the phone, not the sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

AntiVirus wrote: »

Untitled-13.jpg

Where did you get the holder? I have to get rid of the crappy dumb-phone holder that came with the car (even though it's a 08).

hadoken13 wrote: »
    It'll be in the sim tray of the phone, not the sim card.

Thanks for that. Had a look and its 059M749 so theres supposed to be an update available. Still no sign of it though..

• Advertisement

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Where did you get the holder? I have to get rid of the crappy dumb-phone holder that came with the car (even though it's a 08).

I'm using a brodit proclip with some bog standard universal mobile phone holder attached to it. A 30cm USB cable and a dual USB car charger I got from deal extreme for a few euros.

http://www.brodit.com/proclip.html?pn=prod&sm=pc

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Untitled-13.jpg

Jesus I wish I didn't have a black Lumia, look at that sexy beast!

does the mail app not check for mail when I enter it unless I hit sync?
    Also doesn't the phone vibrate whilst it's ringing?

Seems to only vibrate at the start.

And is there no autocorrect? And how do you fix words with a red squiggly line under them?

does the mail app not check for mail when I enter it unless I hit sync?
    Also doesn't the phone vibrate whilst it's ringing?

Seems to only vibrate at the start.

And is there no autocorrect? And how do you fix words with a red squiggly line under them?

No it doesnt check them when you go into it. I never ever thought of that, id only ever go into it when i see i got an email.

The phone does vibrate when ringing

Auto correct is on by default, click on the word and it will show you the correct spelling, once you spell it right it will take of the "red squiggly line" just like in office word :)

No it doesnt check them when you go into it. I never ever thought of that, id only ever go into it when i see i got an email.

The phone does vibrate when ringing

Auto correct is on by default, click on the word and it will show you the correct spelling, once you spell it right it will take of the "red squiggly line" just like in office word :)

I guess I'm used to my iPhone checking mail as I enter the app.

Phone vibrates a couple of times and then rings (doesn't ring and vibrate throughout the whole ringtone)

So there's no autocorrect iPhone style?

Also how do you dismiss the keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

By touching a part of the screen not taken up by the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Or by pressing the Back button.

What are some good sites for the lumia and wp7 in general?

Another question. Where do I find on the phone how much data its using? Or is there an app?

• Advertisement

Another question. Where do I find on the phone how much data its using? Or is there an app?

You can't at the moment, you'll have to see if you can see it on your mobile providers website.

What do I need to do to get album art to work property on the lock screen and Zune player?

I imported all my songs from iTunes. They have artwork that comes up in Zune but not on the lock screen or tile and background.

I played a song from the marketplace and it displayed properly.

What do I need to do to get album art to work property on the lock screen and Zune player?

I imported all my songs from iTunes. They have artwork that comes up in Zune but not on the lock screen or tile and background.

for this to work you first need a microsoft live ID which is set to a country which supports Zune marketplace. From what you've said it seems that you do have that type of live ID but when copying from iTunes the albums are missing some properties that need to be set.

Try Zune Social tagger to fix that problem.

http://www.xda-developers.com/windows_phone/zune-social-tagger/

use this link to find the download file:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1097873

for this to work you first need a microsoft live ID which is set to a country which supports Zune marketplace. From what you've said it seems that you do have that type of live ID but when copying from iTunes the albums are missing some properties that need to be set.

Try Zune Social tagger to fix that problem.

http://www.xda-developers.com/windows_phone/zune-social-tagger/

use this link to find the download file:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1097873

Thanks, have you used it? Doesnt seem to work I'm at a loss...

Also what's the story with the Facebook app? Only three friends are appearing in my list, were in the iOS app and web they are all there?

Its not album art your looking for, I pressume you can see the little square box which is your album art, the stuff your looking for is called artist flow (which doesnt happen here in Ireland cause we dont have Zune music).

If you have a Hotmail account thats set up as in the country that supports Zune Music then you would automatically get Arists Flow running over in the background and on your tile and on the lock screen.

If you have a developers unlocked account you can add these manually with an app. Though as said you have to have a dev unlocked phone. If not sit tight and wait till Zune gets the finger out

Its not album art your looking for, I pressume you can see the little square box which is your album art, the stuff your looking for is called artist flow (which doesnt happen here in Ireland cause we dont have Zune music).

If you have a Hotmail account thats set up as in the country that supports Zune Music then you would automatically get Arists Flow running over in the background and on your tile and on the lock screen.

If you have a developers unlocked account you can add these manually with an app. Though as said you have to have a dev unlocked phone. If not sit tight and wait till Zune gets the finger out

When I tried a sample track in the marketplace it did this.

Sorted the Facebook app by uninstalling/reinstalling

Why doesn't the marketplace ask me for a password every time I make a purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Does anyone know if it's possible to rollback sw.

I upgraded my Lumia to 1207 using this link http://nokiainnovation.com/2012/03/guide-how-to-get-the-latest-lumia-800-update-now/ but might try to get the official version as I see it's available for my phone when I check product code?

Also would anyone know if the version used at this site would be diff than the official one released from Nokia?

Why doesn't the marketplace ask me for a password every time I make a purchase?

Its not supposed to, that would be very annoying if it did.

Bulmers wrote: »

I upgraded my Lumia to 1207 using this link http://nokiainnovation.com/2012/03/guide-how-to-get-the-latest-lumia-800-update-now/ but might try to get the official version as I see it's available for my phone when I check product code?

Also would anyone know if the version used at this site would be diff than the official one released from Nokia?

I think that's the latest official version anyway?

I updated through this as well as it said there is an update available for Vodafone but Zune kept telling me I had the latest version.

• Advertisement

Bulmers wrote: »

I got my phone last week(Vodafone) and its still showing 11501 firmware. When I log in to Zune its telling me the phone is up to date, so I`d be wary of rolling back as you mightnt get the update.

Ive posted in the Vodafone forum asking about it so will post back here if and when I get a reply.

Advertisement