Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'm interested in getting one of these but I've only just recently upgraded to a 700.
    I really love the 700s weight and size against the more ostentatious smart phones out there. But I'm finding the symbian belle interface quite cumbersome.

Has anyone here ever used both? Would there be that much of an improvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

When I purchase apps from the marketplace it never asks me for a password like the Apple App Store, is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

mad muffin wrote: »
    When I purchase apps from the marketplace it never asks me for a password like the Apple App Store, is this right?

Yes, it is right. Only Apple asks for your password every time you want an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

DjFlin wrote: »
    Yes, it is right. Only Apple asks for your password every time you want an app.

That used to piss me off big time having to enter the password even to download free apps! I'm amazed they didn't get you to enter your simlock code every time you tried to make a phone call. :D

Another question. Where do I find on the phone how much data its using? Or is there an app?

The guys over in Nokia have written an app just for you :D

http://wmpoweruser.com/new-exclusive-nokia-wp7-app-nokia-usage-monitor-aims-to-eliminate-overage-charges/

• Advertisement

AntiVirus wrote: »

Nice :D I'll have to keep an eye out.

What's the deal with the battery update? I thought it was supposed to fix it? Took it of charge 7 hours ago and only 47% left :(

What's the deal with the battery update? I thought it was supposed to fix it? Took it of charge 7 hours ago and only 47% left :(

Looks like you could have a dodgy battery. If I leave my phone sitting idle for 7 hours it uses 7-10%

Looks like you could have a dodgy battery. If I leave my phone sitting idle for 7 hours it uses 7-10%

Are there dodgy batteries in the lumia? I lost another 5% since I posted last.

If I return it to the carphone warehouse shop where I bought it from, how do I back up the phone?

Finally got artist flow working on all my albums. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Finally got artist flow working on all my albums. :D

How?

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »
    How?

With much swearing and nashing of the teeth. :p

I had setup my region on the phone as UK when I set it up and luckily it accepted my Irish credit card.

In Zune on the PC for each album I got album info from Zune by right clicking on the album.

If your album isn't 100% the same as it is shown on Zune it won't work.

I had to change some track names and remove songs.

Once albums match to Zune it's still no guarantee that it will work.

You'll know, though that you're in the right direction when you sync and on the phone bellow the album you get a new tab for the marketplace.

So when you sync and you still don't have artist flow but have the new tab just search for that album in the market place and play the sample tracks.

Artist flow should pop up now. Go back to your Zune player on the phone, if everything is fine move to the next one. Some times no matter what artist flow wouldn't show on the player for my album and I had to buy one track from the album in the marketplace. Then the artist flow would show for all the album and any other albums under the same artist.

You also need to check in Zune on you PC that each track has the same artist. If it doesn't artist flow won't show, you can edit that track then and re sync.

Now it shows on the tile, in the payer and on the lock screen.

Forgot to add:

Settings>applications>music+video

Connect to Zune needs to be on.

How?

It only works if you have a live ID in a region where the Zune Music marketplace works. If you're live ID is Ireland it will not work for you no matter what you try to do.

If you have a developer unlocked phone you can use 3rd party apps to get it to work.

If you really must have this, creat a new live account.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

It only works if you have a live ID in a region where the Zune Music marketplace works. If you're live ID is Ireland it will not work for you no matter what you try to do.

If you have a developer unlocked phone you can use 3rd party apps to get it to work.

If you really must have this, creat a new live account.

:)

I think my region is UK. I'll have to check when i get home :)

I think my region is UK. I'll have to check when i get home :)

No need to wait till you get home, you can check now. If you don't have marketplace in your Zune music menu on your phone, it isn't going to work for you.

Does anyone know why in the list menu the a-z tiled that used to be a solid colour have turned to just an outline of the tile and its background is now black?

This is a photo of what's happened:

http://db.tt/FeiasmcK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Hi, does anyone know if WP8 will be released as a free update on launch for Lumia users in the same way all iOS updates are free?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Does anyone know why in the list menu the a-z tiled that used to be a solid colour have turned to just an outline of the tile and its background is now black?

I try to keep my apps below the limit so that annoying A-Z box don't appear!! :)

chrislad wrote: »
    I try to keep my apps below the limit so that annoying A-Z box don't appear!! :)

Oh, so after a certain amount of apps are in the list that happens?

What's the limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

ha I'm the opposite I like the A-Z much quicker getting to the app I want by just clicking the letter its under.

• Advertisement

It seems, from googling that it appears once you have 40-45 apps and after that it stays no matter what?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Damn, I thought the Gorilla glass screen was supposed to be more scratch resistant than it is on the Lumia. I never put keys in the same pocket but did yesterday and there are loads of scratches on it - Gorilla glass me arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Same here I only ever got this once, but the fact that im not really a big app person just doubles the amount of icons on my phone. I only ever got to the A-Z list once when was testing a bunch of apps.

Never had it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

O2 Ireland seem to be very reluctant about releasing the update (well, according to nokia's site anyway).

It's the one stepping stone stopping me from getting a Lumia 800 considering WP7 finally has Netflix and that Viber is on the way.

I just want to be able to have good battery life and sound quality from day one..so..the waiting game shall continue..

Or lord knows I might end up waiting for the 610

/cheap coat on! :pac:

FGR wrote: »
    O2 Ireland seem to be very reluctant about releasing the update (well, according to nokia's site anyway).

It's the one stepping stone stopping me from getting a Lumia 800 considering WP7 finally has Netflix and that Viber is on the way.

I just want to be able to have good battery life and sound quality from day one..so..the waiting game shall continue..

You do know the 610 is a lot more limited than 710 or 800. Due to low hardware some functions are disabled to make sure device still keeps running slick.

Not all Lumia 800's have that problem. We had none of them returned. It probably wont be long. I was reluctant to let any of them to leave the shop prior to the battery fix but they all seem to be going fine now :)

There's definitely a lot more people getting the Lumia 800 then the new HTC One series anyway. Comes to prove most average folks like the phone and love the experience. Its not all about specs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

FGR wrote: »

Viber has been on the way for a long time... it probably won't get to the Windows Phone platform till Windows 8.

And there are rumours going around that the current phones won't be receiving the Apollo(Windows Phone 8) upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Viber has been on the way for a long time... it probably won't get to the Windows Phone platform till Windows 8.

And there are rumours going around that the current phones won't be receiving the Apollo(Windows Phone 8) upgrade.

Been confirmed by gsm that they will be getting W8

http://m.gsmarena.com/current_windows_phone_mango_devices_wont_get_the_apollo_update-news-4108.php

Viber has been in the works before the start of this year. Not sure what's taking them so long but its coming. I posted on Original WP7 thread that Viber team said its coming soon enough

I wouldn't bother with the rumours, at the end of the day their just rumour and there's a mixed bag of them.

On a personal opinion if it was to come to 1st gen and 2nd gen devices not being able to fully support Apollo due to hardware requirements Microsoft will still deliver an update to suit the hardware and add features. They cant afford not to, cause it will piss of nearly every single windows phone fan and all the early adopters .

If you follow the trend of Windows (excluding vista) and Windows Phone, each OS requires less and less resources to run. In my opinion this rumour that we might not get it is a full bag of air.

How about next week for viber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed by live tiles? Very few apps seem to support it. And am I right in thinking the none of the Facebook apps have been developed by Facebook themselves?

Advertisement