Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Why would O2 be holding up the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

AngryLips wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed by live tiles? Very few apps seem to support it. And am I right in thinking the none of the Facebook apps have been developed by Facebook themselves?

Apps like? Not every app needs it though.

Theres only one Facebook app on the marketplace. That one is made by Microsoft and its the official one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

chrislad wrote: »

Interesting! But the reply says "publication", maybe they'll just announce a new expected release date and not actually release the product?

Anyways, at least it's good there is some news for WP7 users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still no sign of the firmware update being pushed out by Vodafone to my device at least.

Wasnt overly worried about the battery but in the last few days it seems to have been running down very quicky. I turn off the mobile network before going to sleep and did so the last couple of nights with the battery at about 70%.Woke up the next mornings and the battery is down to 5% ! Battery bar shows still 3/4 full and then drops to nearly zero.

Anyway, I forced the firmware update today as per instructions earlier in this thread. Hopefully this will sort the issue out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

in the email app how do i set it to automatically show html images instead of having download image displayed over it?

mad muffin wrote: »
    in the email app how do i set it to automatically show html images instead of having download image displayed over it?

Cant. Its the same across all phones. Pretty annoying in some emails, though pretty handy if you dont have a lot of data

Cant. Its the same across all phones. Pretty annoying in some emails, though pretty handy if you dont have a lot of data

Right, OK thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Does anyone know if there has been any mention of plans to add to the list of online social sites that can link into People Hub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Does anyone know if there has been any mention of plans to add to the list of online social sites that can link into People Hub?

Skype is the only new thing coming to the People Hub as far as I know. I'm pretty happy with what they've already got, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Google+ support would be nice though.

I'd like to see Flickr and Tumblr added.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Hi all, how does a factory unlocked/sim free Lumia 800 get any updates or fixes pushed to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Dub XV wrote: »
    Hi all, how does a factory unlocked/sim free Lumia 800 get any updates or fixes pushed to it?

It is classed as 'country variant' from whatever country it originates from. You'll see these listed for each colour in the country-by-country rollout map from the last 12070 update on the nokia website. I got mine from amazon.de so I got the last update when they pushed it for 'country variant germany-fuschia'. They are generally faster than networks for updates.

How much can I realistically sell my two week old unlocked phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Has anyone actually got this thing to upgrade through Zune? My Meteor upgrade is being shown as available for a couple of weeks now but everytime I connect to Zune it tells me it's up to date, when it's not...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Skype is now available for wp

http://t.co/OCoQIZAj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I've been to a few different shops and tried to use the Lumia, to get a feel for it. Yet in all the different shops the screen feels unresponsive to input.

Is this just me?

You'd think they'd put a bit more work into making the initial experience better, especially compared with competitor phones nearby which all react properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TBi wrote: »
    I've been to a few different shops and tried to use the Lumia, to get a feel for it. Yet in all the different shops the screen feels unresponsive to input.

Is this just me?

You'd think they'd put a bit more work into making the initial experience better, especially compared with competitor phones nearby which all react properly.

I think it may be you, I've never had an issue and it's definitely as responsive as an iPhone and better than an S2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

TBi wrote: »

Is this just me?

Maybe that's just the display phone having either been mauled a hundred times over or having a screen protector on it.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    I think it may be you, I've never had an issue and it's definitely as responsive as an iPhone and better than an S2

I'm not commenting on the phone in actual usage, just the display models.
    Maybe that's just the display phone having either been mauled a hundred times over or having a screen protector on it.

That may be true but the other models on display have been mauled too yet still work fine. Your argument here is that nokia can't handle this treatment?

The only time I find the screen unresponsive compared to iPhone is when you're typing text, make an error, then need to change the cursor position back to the text where the error occured in order to backspace and retype. Compared to the iPhone I find it has a higher propensity to highlight the entire text ...which gets a bit frustrating.

The only time I find the screen unresponsive compared to iPhone is when you're typing text, make an error, then need to change the cursor position back to the text where the error occured in order to backspace and retype. Compared to the iPhone I find it has a higher propensity to highlight the entire text ...which gets a bit frustrating.

If you want to go back to a certain text spot you have to press and hold and move the cursor. Tapping on a space will only highlight the word for ya or place it before or after a word

If you want to go back to a certain text spot you have to press and hold and move the cursor. Tapping on a space will only highlight the word for ya or place it before or after a word

I didn't cop on to that until about 6 months after getting my first WP7.

DjFlin wrote: »

I didn't cop on to that until about 6 months after getting my first WP7.

It might be a feature hard to understand For begginers but this is the nicest way to implement this I think. Auto correct for a word is available all the time. When I write a message I just writte them with mistakes if I make any. Then if I have some I just tap on the word and correct the mispelling. The only times you need the cursor is in apps or webpages where autocorrect is turned off

It might be a feature hard to understand For begginers but this is the nicest way to implement this I think. Auto correct for a word is available all the time. When I write a message I just writte them with mistakes if I make any. Then if I have some I just tap on the word and correct the mispelling. The only times you need the cursor is in apps or webpages where autocorrect is turned off

I dont think its hard for anyone to understand. In my case, I just didnt read the manual, so didnt know it was there.

That "Tips & How To's" app that was added with Mango is quite helpful for new users.

I dont think its hard for anyone to understand. In my case, I just didnt read the manual, so didnt know it was there.

That "Tips & How To's" app that was added with Mango is quite helpful for new users.

No one ever reads How to's. Its a waste of paper if any one includes them. I know some people that had Lumia's for a longer time now. They ask a question, yet they never notice "Help + How To" app in their app list :)

Id say probably 1%, not even that reads the manuals :)

I could argue weather its hard or not to :) First time smartphone buyers wouldn't have a clue. Smartphone users would sort of cop on after a while, I think only advanced users would try press and hold functions in some aspects of the phone.

I think it's hard to grasp if you're coming from another smartphone OS and I was making the move from iPhone. As UIs go I find WP7 to be the most helpful in terms of tips and prompts to get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I suppose the real question is whether you prefer W7's UI over iOS's altogether?

• Advertisement

FGR wrote: »
    I suppose the real question is whether you prefer W7's UI over iOS's altogether?

Yes. Although in a way i prefer iOS's multitasking. I'd rather if WP7 handled it app by app like iOS.

Advertisement