Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Mothers to stage a protest at budget cuts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

scholar007 wrote: »
    On the news there - the single mothers of Ireland are going to protest like the pensioners did on the medical card issue.

I'll contribute a few condoms to their cause........

It's not often the phrase "johnny come lately" can be so aptly applied.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nodin wrote: »
    'Single Nigerian Muslim Mother In HSE Halal Payment Perk'

You forgot 'Swan eating'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

who will look after the kids, is there anyone thinking about the kids in all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Childrens allowance for people with more than one child has gone down in the recent budget.

To stop career mothers from churning out more babies in an attempt to secure more money.
    this has nothing to do with single parents, this is an allowance everyone gets no matter how much they earn. There is something wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

There should be legislation drawn up that if single mothers don't get a man within three years they should lose all their payments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

It's not as if you are going to need them OP.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

There should be legislation drawn up that if single mothers don't get a man within three years they should lose all their payments.
    This reply is so funny. Yes because getting a man is just like a getting job. It wouldn't surprise me if moan burton would actually introduce this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Kanoe wrote: »
    this has nothing to do with single parents, this is an allowance everyone gets no matter how much they earn. There is something wrong with that.

Ah yes I know I'm just teasing.

I wonder what their reason for protest is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Most vulnerable in society (trademark)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Why are single mothers with one kid given 3/4 bedroom houses from social welfare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

orourkeda wrote: »
    They should try sealing their vadge before they start telling other people how to spend their money

Not PC but f**kin hilarious!

Would the taxpayer be expected to fund the pollyfilla n ronseal?!?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

mickdw wrote: »
    Why are single mothers with one kid given 3/4 bedroom houses from social welfare?

Oh just shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ilovesleep wrote: »

In relation to the third - this country has an old, outdated view on abortion. Why can't it be made legal to help a person in such a situation. Just to have the option open and available to her for her to decide?
    If it was available there may not be such a reliance on such benefits - single mothers allowance/child benefit

In all fairness, there is plenty of contraceptive products out there.

If the condom thread a few months back is anything to go by, most seem to go bareback and pull out rather then use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

We're trying to power the country by harnessing the energy of incandescent rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Oh just shut up.
    Comeback of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

ha funny protest that'll be they wont be able to move anyway with all the buggies, bags and everything else plus by the time they get all that stuff together and get out of the house the protest will be well over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Oh just shut up.

Any more words of wisdom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Saves them having to transfer them to the 3/4 bed when they have their second and third immaculate conception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Rather than cut the allowance, the government would save a fortune if they just enforced the rules better and cut out all the dodgy claimants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Oh just shut up.

Fairly reasonable question really.

Any more words of wisdom?

Many, but I wouldn't waste my time on the Joe Duffy nation of idiots, so I'm not going to bother.

Shut up will do quite nicely for now, until there is something intelligible to debate.

They are reducing the cap on how much single parents can earn before their allowance is cut and will continue to be cut over the next few years. currently they can earn 146e and retain their full allowance, this has been reduced to 130e and by 2014 will be 60e. It's similar proposal to cutting jsb from a 6 day to a 5 day week. when you consider 80% of single parents are already working or in education it will affect a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Tbh, there's no point getting annoyed or arguing with idiots who make ridiculous claims about single mothers - they just believe what they want to believe, and they aren't going to change their mind.
    Sheeple are always sheeple - their IQ will not increase.

Might go out and protest with the single moms actually.
    It is a total disgrace how they have been targeted.

You have a cheek decrying people's IQ to be honest. Get back to watching The Hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The fathers PPS number should be linked to his DNA, so in the event he does a runner his dole/pay can be deducted.

You do the deed you pay for your seed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

ted1 wrote: »
    Make the babies daddy pay for them. if they can't name the baby daddy they get nothing.

if the baby daddy doesn't pay, take it at source via reduced tax credits or from his doel.
    In all fairness, there is plenty of contraceptive products out there.

If the condom thread a few months back is anything to go by, most seem to go bareback and pull out rather then use them.

These two posts sum up my feelings on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

A Coppers Gold Card should replace the Medical Card under this scheme, however.

You have a cheek decrying people's IQ to be honest. Get back to watching The Hills.

Do I watch the Hills?
    I have never watched it in my life actually.
    What are you on about?

they are also reducing the age of eligibility to 7. I think it's sickening tbf. Ultimately they are punishing a sector for working and what will happen is most of these people will end up leaving jobs as it will no longer be affordable to work. When you consider that children from single parent families are 4 times more likely to suffer poverty than any other in Ireland it really is a kick in the nuts to this vulnerable part of society. It's punishing the children who are already being punished.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I can confirm this happens, my sister's boyfriend did a runner but she lives in a three bedroomed house. Seems a fecking waste to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement