Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Mothers to stage a protest at budget cuts

Options
  • 07-12-2011 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

On the news there - the single mothers of Ireland are going to protest like the pensioners did on the medical card issue.

I'll contribute a few condoms to their cause........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Link!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Have we completely given up on links to the story today or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

oh jesus christ not the single mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

sounds like a good event to meet some women:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

There's lots of slots in las Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You know what. I'm fcuking sick of the attitude of people on these boards towards single mothers. That image you have in your head of a skanger with a can in one hand, a fag in the other and a 4 year old pushing the pram with the twins in it... They're not all like that.

There are single mothers, who don't want to be single mothers...but the father's fcuked off. The men can just leave and the woman are left holding the baby. They are raising the future of this country and they deserve our support, and our respect.

Right now, I'm a stay at home dad, and every day I wonder how on earth someone can do this, as well as all the washing and ironing etc, on their own.

For some keyboard warrior who probably lives with his mother and father to just dismiss them with a smart arse comment. Pisses me off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For some keyboard warrior who probably lives with his mother and father to just dismiss them with a smart arse comment. Pisses me off tbh.

Brilliant, let's fight daft sterotypes with........wait for it......DAFT STEREOTYPES!

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

scholar007 wrote: »
    On the news there - the single mothers of Ireland are going to protest like the pensioners did on the medical card issue.

You're absolutely right. No one ever has a child while in a relationship and then splits up with their partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

FatherLen wrote: »
    oh jesus christ not the single mothers.

Everyone grab your comically oversized mallets, the bashing will be starting soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

By parking their prams across the street and not allowing anyone to pass? They already do that on the pavement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You know what. I'm fcuking sick of the attitude of people on these boards towards single mothers. That image you have in your head of a skanger with a can in one hand, a fag in the other and a 4 year old pushing the pram with the twins in it... They're not all like that.

There are single mothers, who don't want to be single mothers...but the father's fcuked off. The men can just leave and the woman are left holding the baby. They are raising the future of this country and they deserve our support, and our respect.

Right now, I'm a stay at home dad, and every day I wonder how on earth someone can do this, as well as all the washing and ironing etc, on their own.

Couldn't agree more, the only thing we can say with any certainty about single mother's is that they're easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Type in single mothers in google and tell me the next word that comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Fair enough, but why should the taxpayer have to fund this sector?

Why does Ireland not have something like the Child Support Agency, chasing the errant fathers? It's ll too easy in Ireland. It doesn't matter if a girl gets caught, the State is expected to pick up the tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Tbh, there's no point getting annoyed or arguing with idiots who make ridiculous claims about single mothers - they just believe what they want to believe, and they aren't going to change their mind.
    Sheeple are always sheeple - their IQ will not increase.

Might go out and protest with the single moms actually.
    It is a total disgrace how they have been targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Make the babies daddy pay for them. if they can't name the baby daddy they get nothing.

if the baby daddy doesn't pay, take it at source via reduced tax credits or from his doel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

And so the class war draws nearer...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You're absolutely right. No one ever has a child while in a relationship and then splits up with their partner.
    I'm betting those people know who the father is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

They should try sealing their vadge before they start telling other people how to spend their money

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Gophur wrote: »
    Fair enough, but why should the taxpayer have to fund this sector?

Why does Ireland not have something like the Child Support Agency, chasing the errant fathers? It's ll too easy in Ireland. It doesn't matter if a girl gets caught, the State is expected to pick up the tab.

Right, because all single mothers claim social welfare :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If they bring their screaming babies I can see this being the most effective march so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

For anyone that's interested in joining their protest they can join them this Saturday:

Where:

30 Harcourt Street
    Dublin 2

When:

10th December, 10pm 'til late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

TheZohan wrote: »
    For anyone that's interested in joining their protest they can join them this Saturday:

Where:

30 Harcourt Street
    Dublin 2

When:

10th December, 10pm 'til late.

Will the slogan be "Give us back our Mickey Money"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

I should protest at the amount these people get for spitting out babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

It's not as if you are going to need them OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

So, what are they protesting about, if it's not Social Welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Right, because all single mothers claim social welfare :rolleyes:

That's not what he said, but don't let that stop you, please continue being wrong.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

'Single Nigerian Muslim Mother In HSE Halal Payment Perk'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Gophur wrote: »
    So, what are they protesting about, if it's not Social Welfare?

Childrens allowance for people with more than one child has gone down in the recent budget.

To stop career mothers from churning out more babies in an attempt to secure more money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Agree with abouttobebanned above. There's so many sickening perceptions towards many people.

Anyways
    There would be many reasons why a woman becomes a single mother:
    - a failed relationship with the father and he fceks and leaves the responsibilty with her.
    - the death of her partner/father
    - an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy

In relation to the third - this country has an old, outdated view on abortion. Why can't it be made legal to help a person in such a situation. Just to have the option open and available to her for her to decide?
    If it was available there may not be such a reliance on such benefits - single mothers allowance/child benefit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement