Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

By far the slowest service EVER. We ordered in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I mailed them too, ordered on Dec 5 so more than 12 weeks have passed, no sign of anything in the post. Just got the original email confirmation at time of order (and lots of bumpf emails from the NGS shop).

To complicate matters, my credit card expired in the interim so they won't be able to charge the order now (whenever they get around to it...). I'm all in favour of companies only charging when goods ship, but if they're only going to charge something months after ordering they should at least check that the cards have enough validity. Or alternatively, just ship quicker and be done with it!

All in all, a shambles. On the face of it this was a great BA but the poor service from NGS is taking the shine off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Haven't got mine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

still no sign of mine either - supposedly shipped early December.
    I have given up on ever receiving it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mine arrived this a.m. - February and March editions.

They haven't taken to money from my CC mind !!

So, at least we know the deal is live, and it's a matter of patience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

vicwatson wrote: »

What date did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Did you order the same way as everyone on here??

d6d6294fdfc5efd1fd0e2e46da4e2c1f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ordered in early December, turned up last week finally.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Did you order the same way as everyone on here??

d6d6294fdfc5efd1fd0e2e46da4e2c1f.jpg

Read the thread

Slunk wrote: »
    What date did you order?

Received Order & Shipping Confirmation on 9/12/11, have a look back through the thread Slunk to see my reply from NGS when I e-mailed them to ask the whereabouts of the magazine. Let me know if you need anything else.

EDIT - POST 113 from 15th February - here ya go Slunk

I received a reply today from NGS and as promised here is their reply, they've only just registered the membership (obviously this is where the delay is taking place) and taken payment (I have to check this still) and they say my first issue will be April and if I want the issues from January 2012 they can arrange that (but obviously still not ship it until April 2012) -

Amsterdam, 15/02/2012

Your membership number: XXXXXXXX

Dear XX,

We wish to confirm that your membership has been registered as requested and your payment
    applied accordingly. We normally advise to allow 8-12 weeks after the order is registered
    for delivery to begin. Regular monthly delivery will continue from receipt of the first
    magazine, April 2012, until your expiry date which appears on the top right corner of the
    magazine wrapper. Each new magazine will usually arrive between the 1st and the 15th of the
    month. Should you want this to start with the January 2012 issue, please confirm via return
    email and we will arrange this for you. Please accept our apologies for any concern and
    inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your interest in National Geographic. If we can be of any further assistance,
    do not hesitate to contact us or consult your online customer service page at www.ngmservice.
    com.

Exceptional customer service is our number one priority. If at anytime you feel you're not
    receiving this level of service, please feel free to contact my supervisor Paul Wilson, by
    email at ngmsupervisor@custserv.com.

Yours Sincerely

National Geographic Society

You can access your account information online, 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, at www.
    ngmservice.com. You can change an address, check on your expiration date, report missing
    issues, renew an account and refer to a complete set of Frequently Asked Questions. Just
    go to www.ngmservice.com and click on MEMBERS OUTSIDE THE US AND CANADA. You may gain access
    by using your account number or entering your name and address as it appears on the
    addressing label. Be sure to include your email address to complete the sign on.

Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/natgeo
    or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/natgeosociety
    Last edited by vicwatson; 15-02-2012 at 13:42.

They obviously don't listen to e-mails as I asked them to put my subscription January-December and they ignored it and just sent the Feb and Mar editions (even though they said they would begin with the April edition), ah well they arrived so....

• Advertisement

Ordered in early December, turned up last week finally.

Yes for me they were posted in the 12th week, they stated before that international orders can take 8-12 weeks, I imagine there should be a lot turning up in people's letterboxes this week.

They were posted from Holland.

Great deal OP - Thanks Again !

Received Order & Shipping Confirmation on 9/12, have a look back through the thread Slunk to see my reply from NGS when I e-mailed them to ask the whereabouts of the magazine. Let me know if you need anything else.

What address did you send that email to? Iv sent loads of emails and all i have received is that "the order has been sent to the international orders dept and that we cannot check the status of your order".

Read the thread
    Maybe chillax with the attitude. Most of your replies on this thread have been short tempered. People are all here to help each other so just relax like.

What address did you send that email to? Iv sent loads of emails and all i have received is that "the order has been sent to the international orders dept and that we cannot check the status of your order".

Maybe chillax with the attitude. Most of your replies on this thread have been short tempered. People are all here to help each other so just relax like.

Only with you actually, and only since you stopped telling me to tell people to e-mail NGS, it's you that needs to "chillax" as you put it, if you read through the thread in the first place you will see the e-mail address that others (as well as me) have used to contact Nat Geo and have received replies. It's in the thread. READ IT - like the rest of us.

Asking me did I order the same as everyone else here - once again if you read through the thread you'll find out that I did.

Only with you actually, and only since you stopped telling me to tell people to e-mail NGS, it's you that needs to "chillax" as you put it, if you read through the thread in the first place you will see the e-mail address that others (as well as me) have used to contact Nat Geo and have received replies. It's in the thread. READ IT - like the rest of us.

Asking me did I order the same as everyone else here - once again if you read through the thread you'll find out that I did.

Christ... Whatever buddy. :rolleyes:

Christ... Whatever buddy. :rolleyes:

I ain't your buddy :D:D

Read the thread like the rest of us. All the information you require is there.

Thanks OP, great deal. Cheers

I ain't your buddy :D:D

Read the thread like the rest of us. All the information you require is there.

Thanks OP, great deal. Cheers

Thanks for the help. You've been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Just as an update: I ordered back in early December (9th I think) and based on the discussion here I emailed NGS last week, and they got back to me saying it usually takes 8-12 weeks, so please bear with us etc. I was about 2 days too early from completing the 12 weeks wait, so technically they were right, so I will wait.

Good to see the subscriptions starting to come thru. This NGS subscription was part of my Christmas presents to my brilliantly studious nephew, and I am sure he would enjoy it just as much if the subscription runs March-to-March. Fingers crossed it comes thru.

Thanks for the help. You've been fantastic.

Anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cokecans

I got this reply today:

We regret to advise you that we are unable to locate an active account with the information that was provided to us. We kindly ask you to confirm if your payment was deducted from your bank account.

Checking my account, the money was never deducted but I did receive a confirmation email.

cokecans wrote: »
    I got this reply today:

We regret to advise you that we are unable to locate an active account with the information that was provided to us. We kindly ask you to confirm if your payment was deducted from your bank account.

Checking my account, the money was never deducted but I did receive a confirmation email.

Did you give them them the order confirmation number? Payment hasn't even been taken from my account and I received Feb and Mar issues today.

I'd go back to them with the order confirmation number and have them check it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

cokecans wrote: »
    I got this reply today:

I got this too .. no payment was taken either though ..

They will probably ask us to re-order but i'm fed up with the waiting and crap support so just gonna leave it ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I email them on Monday, no reply to date.

However, I just checked my order status again a few seconds ago, and they've shipped it seems!

No money taken either.

However, I just checked my order status again a few seconds ago, and they've shipped it seems!

No money taken either.

We all have that. It has said it since the 12 of December for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Well, it hadn't said it for me. It's only appeared since Monday.

This is from their website - but it's doubful that the BA the OP has offered has anything to do with any of these -

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Important Customer Service Alerts[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Unauthorized Renewals and Subscription Offers Through the Mail and by Phone:

We have learned that a number of unauthorized agents are sending mail solicitations and placing telemarketing calls, attempting to acquire new subscriptions and renewal orders for our magazine titles. These agents are not approved to represent the National Geographic Society, nor are they affiliated with the Society in any way. Please do not give out any personal, payment or credit card information. Do not renew your subscription through the mail or over the phone with any of the unauthorized agents listed below:

American Magazine Service
    Choice Publications
    4 Magazines
    Global Reader Services
    Magazine Billing Network
    Magazine Billing Services
    Magazine Consultants
    Magazine Distribution Services
    Magazine Subscription Services
    National Magazine Services Inc
    Orbital Publishing Group
    Publishers Billing Association
    Publishers Billing Exchange
    Publishers Payment Service
    Readers Billing Services
    Seascape Publishers Network
    Unique Readers Services
    United Publication Services
    United Publishers Service
    US Reader Inc.

We have been working with our legal department. the United States Postal Service and state Attorney General offices to track down these agents and to issue cease and desist orders to stop this activity. Should you be contacted by any of these unauthorized agents, please notify us of the details by writing to:

National Geographic Society
    Consumer and Member Marketing Division
    1145 17th Street NW
    Washington DC 20036
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sweepstake Scam:

NGS has recently received calls and emails from people who have been sent a letter by various claim services (including Guardian Financial, Global Financial, Alliance Financial and other claim services) telling them that they are a winner of a National Geographic sweepstakes. The letter asks them to call a number and cash an enclosed check. This is a scam and National Geographic has no involvement or relationship with any of the people or companies named in the letter. Please do not cash the check or give the company listed in the letter any personal information of any kind. National Geographic has alerted the Fraud Section of the US Department of Justice of the scam.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mistreatment of Magazine Crews:

There has been recent media coverage about the mistreatment of young adults who join "magazine crews" that sell subscriptions door to door to the public. We wish to assure our customers that the National Geographic Society does not authorize any door to door agents to acquire subscriptions on our behalf. The Society does use several legitimate subscription services and our policy has been clearly communicated to all of these approved agents. We have worked aggressively to address this issue and, in the future, will continue to specifically prohibit such door to door sales of our magazines.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] If Action is Needed:

If you are unsure of an offer you have received, or if you believe you may have already placed an order, either through the mail with one of the above mentioned unauthorized agents, or through a door to door solicitation, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately at 1-800-NGS-LINE (1-800-647-5463) or at ngsline@customersvc.com. We will be glad to investigate this matter for you.
    [/FONT]

No money taken either.

I checked into my account for you, and it has the exact same status as you have shown (and I've received Feb and Mar issues) so no doubt it will be with you soon.

As of today my account has not yet been debited either. Yay free magazines !!

What's the betting they'll take the wrong amount and we'll have to go chasing them to get the refund ! Aarrgghh !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Me too - they said the following to me as my account seems to of disappeared from there system for some reason:

Firstly, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the non-receipt of your magazines. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the orders referenced in the attached confirmation email and will be investigating this matter further. Please rest assured that your order will be placed shortly and we will arrange for missed issues from the interim period (i.e. February 2012, March 2012 and April 2012) to be arranged complimentarily, in light of the inconvenience caused.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience with this matter. We will be in contact again very shortly.

K

keith123 wrote: »
    Me too - they said the following to me as my account seems to of disappeared from there system for some reason:

Firstly, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the non-receipt of your magazines. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the orders referenced in the attached confirmation email and will be investigating this matter further. Please rest assured that your order will be placed shortly and we will arrange for missed issues from the interim period (i.e. February 2012, March 2012 and April 2012) to be arranged complimentarily, in light of the inconvenience caused.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience with this matter. We will be in contact again very shortly.

K

I just got the EXACT same email. I responded with a link to this thread. They probably wont bother looking but here hoping.

Just got this back from Nat Geo Supervisor Paul Wilson
    Dear *Hogzy*,

Thank you for your further reply and providing the link. We have taken a look at it and will continue to investigate this issue. We will contact you further shortly.

Thank you again for your patience.

Kind Regards,
    Paul Wilson
    National Geographic Customer Service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

So here are my updates ...

Like others here I ordered early Dec, got immediate order number, shipping confirmation etc. Seeing as the 12 weeks had now passed I finally yesterday am sent a request on the weblink provided by Africa here detailing both my order number(dated Dec 5th) and shipping confirmation (dated dec 6th).

The response I received to this yesterday pm was as follows:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting the National Geographic Catalog/Online store.

According to our records your order for the international delivery of the NG Magazine subscription was placed on 12/5/11 and sent to the NG Magazine division for fulfillment. Our records show your billing and shipping address as:

XXX
    XXX
    XXX
    IRL

Unfortunately we are unable to access your account or check on the status of your magazine subscription from this location, so your request is being forwarded to our Magazine division for handling. You can contact the Magazine customer service department directly via email at ngsintl@customersvc.com for further assistance.

Our National Geographic magazine customers can also complete some customer service transactions online. You can check an expiration date, change an address, report missing or damaged issues, confirm your last payment date, renew your account or give a gift by visiting www.ngmservice.com.

Thank you for supporting National Geographic.

Sincerely,

Esther R
    Supervisor
    National Geographic Catalog/Online Customer Service
    1-888-557-4450
    NGCatalog@ngs.org

On receipt of this I forwarded the mail and my original query to the email referenced above (ngsintl@customersvc.com). I got the following response this am:

Dear XXX,

Firstly, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the non-receipt of your magazines. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the orders referenced in the below confirmation email and will be investigating this matter further. Please rest assured that your order will be placed shortly and we will arrange for missed issues from the interim period (i.e. February 2012, March 2012 and April 2012) to be arranged complimentarily, in light of the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
    Paul Wilson
    National Geographic Customer Service

TBH I'll be pretty happy getting a 15 mth subscription for the original cost. For those of you who haven't been in touch and had been waiting like me then I'd advise getting in touch with them. And fair play to their customer support response times - replies to my two requests came within 24 hrs of my first contacting them.

Advertisement