Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cokecans

Also waiting for it. Hopefully it'll arrive it the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Just an update ..

Received this (after sending email to ng cust. services in the states, who then forwarded it on to their european operations in Holland)

Amsterdam, /02/2012

Dear Mr ,

We regret to advise you that we are unable to locate an active account with the information
    that was provided to us. We kindly ask you to confirm if your payment was deducted from your
    bank account. Please note for security reasons it is important that you do not send your
    banking information by email. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your interest in National Geographic. If we can be of any further assistance,
    do not hesitate to contact us or consult your online customer service page at www.ngmservice.
    com.

Exceptional customer service is our number one priority. If at anytime you feel you're not
    receiving this level of service, please feel free to contact my supervisor Paul Wilson, by
    email at ngmsupervisor@custserv.com.

Yours Sincerely

National Geographic Society

You can access your account information online, 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, at www.
    ngmservice.com. You can change an address, check on your expiration date, report missing
    issues, renew an account and refer to a complete set of Frequently Asked Questions. Just
    go to www.ngmservice.com and click on MEMBERS OUTSIDE THE US AND CANADA. You may gain access
    by using your account number or entering your name and address as it appears on the
    addressing label. Be sure to include your email address to complete the sign on.

Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/natgeo
    or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/natgeosociety

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Slevster wrote: »
    Just an update ..

Received this (after sending email to ng cust. services in the states, who then forwarded it on to their european operations in Holland)

Amsterdam, /02/2012

Dear Mr ,

We regret to advise you that we are unable to locate an active account with the information
    that was provided to us. We kindly ask you to confirm if your payment was deducted from your
    bank account. Please note for security reasons it is important that you do not send your
    banking information by email. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your interest in National Geographic. If we can be of any further assistance,
    do not hesitate to contact us or consult your online customer service page at www.ngmservice.
    com.

Exceptional customer service is our number one priority. If at anytime you feel you're not
    receiving this level of service, please feel free to contact my supervisor Paul Wilson, by

Yours Sincerely

You can access your account information online, 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, at www.
    ngmservice.com. You can change an address, check on your expiration date, report missing
    issues, renew an account and refer to a complete set of Frequently Asked Questions. Just
    go to www.ngmservice.com and click on MEMBERS OUTSIDE THE US AND CANADA. You may gain access
    by using your account number or entering your name and address as it appears on the
    addressing label. Be sure to include your email address to complete the sign on.

Has the money actually be debited from your account or....?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Has the money actually be debited from your account or....?

Has the money been debited from anyones account on this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hmm this is strange - so it isn't a scamming website - but they haven't taken our money?

• Advertisement

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Hmm this is strange - so it isn't a scamming website - but they haven't taken our money?

And we have all received confirmation emails that they have been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Surely the least they'd do at this stage is ship them at the price we thought we paid, even if the orders were taken in error?

TPD wrote: »
    Surely the least they'd do at this stage is ship them at the price we thought we paid, even if the orders were taken in error?

I wouldn't accept they took them in error, I received an order confirmation and a shipping confirmation and when I check online it shows they were shipped. But I'm holding court until I hear back from them, I've e-mailed them tonight.

They certainly wanted and took the order, unless they've had a breakdown in their systems and...well...I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just checked on the NG site. It has a record of my order on 4th December, all my details and says its shipped but underneath it says :

QTY: 1
    Billed Seperatly
    Merchandise: $0.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $0.00

Whats up with that? Its nearly 10 weeks now since order was placed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

same here - shipped 5th Dec, but total amount due $0.00
    I have given up hope of receiving my order - especially as I can't find any deduction on my bank account..

Vicwatson - can you let us know if you receive a response from them?

• Advertisement

same here - shipped 5th Dec, but total amount due $0.00
    I have given up hope of receiving my order - especially as I can't find any deduction on my bank account..

Vicwatson - can you let us know if you receive a response from them?

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back, I've e-mailed Paul Wilson as per Slevster's post above.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back, I've e-mailed Paul Wilson as per Slevster's post above.

Maybe you could link to this thread. They might be a little more willing to help if they realise there are 20-30 people in the same boat.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Maybe you could link to this thread. They might be a little more willing to help if they realise there are 20-30 people in the same boat.

Sorry the e-mail went last night, I will inform them of this when I receive a reply.

..Just read that email response that Slevster posted above.
    Funny how they mention not being able to find an ''active account using the information provided''
    - I tried logging onto their site earlier using my email address and pswd, and got an error message that they couldn't find any record of an account with my email address - which is funny because I only have one email address and I got the automatic order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails on my email account.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

still no sign of the magazine and got a lovely call from aib a while ago saying my card had been used to buy over €1200 worth of stuff over the weekend. may be totally unrelated but i don't use my credit card to buy stuff online that much and i see that other people on this thread have had problems with their card too since the subscription purchase.

:eek:...even if there's only 2 of you on this thread who have experienced credit card fraud since ordering with NG, that's still too much of a coincidence for my liking!

Will have to keep an eye on my account - am always buying stuff online so my bank probably wouldn't even contact me if it happened...thank God my card is due to expire shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Folks, I think we need to relax a little, I've bought NG before online and it can take along time to deliver. As my order details can be found on the official National Geographic Shop Website there is little danger of this being a scam. If NG site had itself been hacked for CC details I think we would have heard of it. And as for complaining that the money has not been taken out, I think we'd be more concerned if it had been with no product. 12 weeks from 6th December is still some time away so lets not panic. Having said that, if someone does receive it let us know :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I got my free map and confirmation of the subscription

I've forwarded on my e-mail to them from last Friday and will post their response.

I tell ya the first person to get it should win a prize !! (no pretending now ! :))

bungaro79 wrote: »
    still no sign of the magazine and got a lovely call from aib a while ago saying my card had been used to buy over €1200 worth of stuff over the weekend. may be totally unrelated but i don't use my credit card to buy stuff online that much and i see that other people on this thread have had problems with their card too since the subscription purchase.

Where did they say your card had been used? Country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I checked out resellerratings.com (a pretty useful site to find out if a website is reputable/trustworthy/reliable).

Here's the review for NGS:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/National_Geographic

This review might be relevant to our situation:
    "Disappointing is about all I can say. First I tried to subscribe to National Geographic Magazine vis their web site. Things seemed to go through fine. 3 weeks later, no billing had occurred. I called their 800 number, no record of the online transaction. I subscribed and was billed via the phone. Almost 2 months later, still no magazine. They seem to have no idea what could be going wrong and why my order via the web never went through. They did offer to resend missing issue(s) and extend my subscription. Think I'd resubscribe using USPS next time, they don't seem up to speed on the web or by phone."

So it seems that they may have lost the order? Looks like the organisation is just bad at handling orders (rather than any credit card scams).

I've forwarded on my e-mail to them from last Friday and will post their response.

I tell ya the first person to get it should win a prize !! (no pretending now ! :))

I received a reply today from NGS and as promised here is their reply, they've only just registered the membership (obviously this is where the delay is taking place) and taken payment (I have to check this still) and they say my first issue will be April and if I want the issues from January 2012 they can arrange that (but obviously still not ship it until April 2012) -

Amsterdam, 15/02/2012

Your membership number: XXXXXXXX

Dear XX,

We wish to confirm that your membership has been registered as requested and your payment
    applied accordingly
    . We normally advise to allow 8-12 weeks after the order is registered
    for delivery to begin.
    Regular monthly delivery will continue from receipt of the first
    magazine, April 2012, until your expiry date which appears on the top right corner of the
    magazine wrapper. Each new magazine will usually arrive between the 1st and the 15th of the
    month. Should you want this to start with the January 2012 issue, please confirm via return
    email and we will arrange this for you. Please accept our apologies for any concern and
    inconvenience caused.

com.

Yours Sincerely

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

My first mag arrived a couple of days ago so while really slow it does seem to work eventually.

My first mag arrived a couple of days ago so while really slow it does seem to work eventually.

Did you find out about it through this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hi All

I ordered about 7 weeks ago by sending a cheque and using the form which is in the magazine to the National Geographic address in Swords. I paid about €19 for the membership and subscription.

Still haven't received the mag but the cheque was cashed and my hubby got a card congratulating him on his membership! Still no mag though.

Did anyone else order the old fashioned way? I'm going to dig out the postcard thing we got and see if there's any number on it.

Fingers crossed they'll arrive soon

highly1111 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I ordered about 7 weeks ago by sending a cheque and using the form which is in the magazine to the National Geographic address in Swords. I paid about €19 for the membership and subscription. ......
    As mentioned umpteen times, the first issue takes 10-12 weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

snubbleste wrote: »
    Hi All
    I ordered about 7 weeks ago by sending a cheque and using the form which is in the magazine to the National Geographic address in Swords. I paid about €19 for the membership and subscription. ......
    As mentioned umpteen times, the first issue takes 10-12 weeks to arrive.

Thank you for your most helpful of replies. I'm delighted to inform you that I can actually read. The difference with my post is that I didn't order online and hence was wondering if anyone who ordered the same way had received anything yet.

Delighted to see patience is at an all time high.......

You're welcome, I aim to help :cool:
    Regardless of the way you order it will take 10-12 weeks for first issue. I'm delighted to hear you can read, ergo did it not say 10-12 weeks in the confirmation of subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Thank you for your most helpful of replies. I'm delighted to inform you that I can actually read. The difference with my post is that I didn't order online and hence was wondering if anyone who ordered the same way had received anything yet.

Delighted to see patience is at an all time high.......

but this thread was created about a bargain alert for online orders :confused:

• Advertisement

Oh to be a pedant but from NGS themselves :D -

"If you've purchased a magazine for delivery to the U.S. and Canada, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your first issue to arrive. Elsewhere, allow 8 to 12 weeks."

Alright my loves ? :)

Advertisement