Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I received my may issue this week. Posted on the 8th from Netherlands. Seems ok once you actually get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

Anyone else get theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Received my June edition on Wednesday last

Still haven't paid anything yet though :P

Bizzare how a business can run this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Same, Ive not been charged either, but getting them though. Got the June one today and have got 2 others so far. Morally, I want to tell them. But they did delay for sooo long that Im just willing to let it roll around to next year till I pay again :P

Gotta say, they are awesome magazines. Well worth the money.

Africa wrote: »
    Same, Ive not been charged either, but getting them though. Got the June one today and have got 2 others so far. Morally, I want to tell them. But they did delay for sooo long that Im just willing to let it roll around to next year till I pay again :P

Gotta say, they are awesome magazines. Well worth the money.

What money:confused::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

yup mine have started to arrive :D only 5months late

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I guess when they said 'marked as paid' they meant we're getting them free. No complaints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

I received my June mag yesterday (had already received Feb through to May) - first one to have come officially in the national geographic branded envelope so I'm hoping its the first of my 12mth (free) subscription.

I'd have to nominate this as a close winner over the HP touchpad as bargain alert of 2011 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Got june also yesteday, paid for none, 4th copy so far. Also in a different envelope!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Received my June edition on Wednesday last

Still haven't paid anything yet though :P

Bizzare how a business can run this way.

Lads and lassies - this company is worse than Irish Nationwide or Anglo Irish Bank ...

Guess what arrived in my door today - ANOTHER copy of JUNE edition !!

LOL

National Geographic are so funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

donnacha wrote: »
    I received my June mag yesterday (had already received Feb through to May) - first one to have come officially in the national geographic branded envelope so I'm hoping its the first of my 12mth (free) subscription.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

sent them an email as mine didnt arrive and they replied saying there was a problem with their billing systems. Apologised for the delay and setup a new 12 month subscription. Not a cent taken from account. They also said they would send me a gift as a goodwill gesture :D:D

My guess is this offer caused major problems and maybe was even a mistake and they have to honour it.

Wehey free mags for all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Yeah I don't think I was ever charged either, so happy days.
    ..am thinking of signing my Dad up for a subscription for Fathers Day - but I guess I'll have to tell him it will be a long wait for his first copy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Got my first magazine. June edition. Got a letter separately thanking me for my order and payment. Also, got three invoices requesting payment.

Has anyone paid for the original offer as of yet?

I haven't paid them anything as of yet, they never took any money from me, 6 months on :eek:

Unflippinbelieveable - NG arrived today - July Edition - TWO of them, again !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

Forgot about this until a few weeks ago, sent off an email and reply said mag would arrive for August and I would be billed. Got post card today thanking me for payment. Which I never made!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I ordered this about a month ago (june 8) and then on june 19th they took €15.46 out of my credit card with the description 'NAT GEO SOCIETY'

The cost of the subscription on the receipt I got was $37.00. I have no idea what the 15.46 is supposed to be, I didn't order anything else from them, anyone here have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Got my June issue, but have not received a July issue yet, and an invoice for my subscription. Not sure if I have not received my July because I have not paid my invoice yet or not.

Bit of a shambles but am fed up with it at this stage, think I will give up on it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Unflippinbelieveable - NG arrived today - July Edition - TWO of them, again !!!!!

I'd love that copy if it's going abeggin'!!!!:o:o

• Advertisement

keredern wrote: »

Sorry went up to the father in law last Wednesday. Ill see if he's finished with it and will post it for you if I can get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »

Sorry went up to the father in law last Wednesday. Ill see if he's finished with it and will post it for you if I can get it back.

Ah no worries mate!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Can anyone remember if we had to fill in our credit card details when subscribing and did anyone get billed at time. I keep getting invoices but I thought i gave my credit card details and assumed they had billed me. I really dont wanna have to go searching through me card statemets. Thanks

I know the last post on this thread is July but.....

I am still receiving 2 per month !! now on the same day !

Also, worryingly I've started getting unsolicited mail in the last few weeks and took it on the chin to contact one of the companies that posted to me, it turns out that National Geographic are selling the names and addresses to a company called Proximity who in turn sell them to the company that posted to me. I've had four different mailings in the last 10 days all with the same slightly incorrect name and address so the source is all the same place.

One of the NG magazines that came today has the exact same error in the name and address so that proves those other mailings came from NG.

What is more - I haven't paid for this NG yet !! 10 months subscription for free thus far, and 2 mags each time !!

Anyone else not have to pay/getting 2 copies ????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I'm not getting 2 copies but I am getting a lot of unsolicited mail coming from charities and various organisations.

I'm really not happy about it. If I had paid for Nat geo I'd be complaining for sure. But I still haven't been charged so feck em.

Likewise I have been getting some unsolicited mail from charities lately - I must look closer at the name/address label to see if there is anything that could link the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hmm - I've been getting charity letters too.

donnacha wrote: »
    Likewise I have been getting some unsolicited mail from charities lately - I must look closer at the name/address label to see if there is anything that could link the two.

The 4 letters I received were all the exact same mistakes, then I see one of the copies of my NG today and the address is the exact same as the 4 mistakes.

1 x legitimate mailing and wrong address => 4 x unsolicited mails with wrong address

I smell a rat

The 4 letters I received were all the exact same mistakes, then I see one of the copies of my NG today and the address is the exact same as the 4 mistakes.

1 x legitimate mailing and wrong address => 4 x unsolicited mails with wrong address

I smell a rat

checked my national geographic and its addressed to me in my full name albeit with one spelling error, whereas the most recent charity letter was addressed to the initial of my firstname ... will keep an eye on the next batches of addressed charity post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Same situation here with the unsolicited post.

RNLI - Looking for a monthly donation.
    Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind - Looking for a monthly donation.
    The Folio Society, London - selling The Times Comprehensive Atlas.
    CBM -a charity in Monaghan looking for a donation for African relief.

I have witten letters to all organisations who sent me this post. The questions I asked were:

1. Where did you obtain my personal details?
    2. What information (in its totality) do you hold on your system that relates to me, whether in manual or computer form?

and the instruction:

3. Please remove all such information from your systems and inform me when this is done

I made this request under the Data Protection Act, 1998 and 2003, and the British-Irish Agreement Act, 1999.

Also, it looks to me like NGS have sold on my email address. I have always been very careful with my email address and have had very little spam over many years. Around a week after subscribing to NGS - BOOM! - buckets of spam started streaming in, and am still getting it.

I suppose because they are in the US the data privacy laws that apply here are useless.

To top it all off, I only ever received a single monthly copy of the magazine subscription.

Advertisement