Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Will check in a few minutes if they managed to charge my renewed card. March and April issues in the post this morning. Quite possibly the longest I've waited ever for something to be delivered but worth it in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I got the "apologies" email also.

They say this about payment:
    We have dispatched an invoice to your address for the amount of 22 USD (or local currency equivalent). May we kindly request that you return the invoice to our address together with an alternative payment, as outlined on the invoice you will receive shortly. Alternatively, you can make your payment immediately via www.ngmservice.com, enter your Membership Number stated above and proceed with payment from a Credit card (please click on ‘International Members: Members outside the U.S. and Canada please click here’).

EDIT: Is it the case that nobody was charged at the time of ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I just checked my CC and I havent been charged for this. Wasnt charged in December and still havent been charged since the email confirming my subscription. Recieved my first two issues, March & April this morning and my year subscription only starts in June.

Excellent bargain alert OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

brightkane wrote: »
    has anyone actually been charged?

3rd Edition received today and card has yet to be charged !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Received my Feb and Mar copy on Monday. Received my April copy today.

Happy Days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Feb, Mar and Apr issues arrived today, never been charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

got march and april today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

March and april arrved today, wasnt carged, thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Is everyone who ordered originally receiving their orders or just the people that recontacted them about their missing orders in the past month or so as advised here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

March and april received today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Africa wrote: »
    March and april received today.

Same for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

what is the specific email people are getting replies from... order before christmas also and nothing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Finally - Feb, Mar and Apr issues all arrived today. Oh, and I still haven't been charged. Might need to merge with the freebie thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Tried 2 different emails and still haven't got a reply. Should I email Paul Wilson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Tried 2 different emails and still haven't got a reply. Should I email Paul Wilson?

I think most of us emailed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

March and April issues arrived today.
    No charge has showed up yet, however, as subscription doesn't start untill June, and as others have said, they may not take payment until they ship the first issue, (i.e in my case june) Either that or since they made such a mess, they simply reguard the subs as paid. Has taken alot of time and quite a few emails to sort out. We represent a very small number in their overall subs, so may be a cus. service thing to keep us all sweet!hopefully!
    Rooy-As to whether its only folks who have emailed them who are now getting the issues, well, its hard to say, but most folk are on this thread because they want to follow up on why they didn't receive anything, and have been proactive in chasing down the problem. So it would be interesting to hear if anyone received their subscription without contacting NG.
    Oatesy23 &]
    Danielle Door And as to the question of whether to mail Paul Wilson or not-yes. reach him at [email]ngmsupervisor@custserv.com[/email
    And Thanks to the op[/email]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I had given up on this but I also got an email last week saying that they would send me mar and apr issues (received today :)) and also mentioning that ''furthermore, this membership has been marked as paid''. So I guess we are getting free subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got sorted now too. Not getting it free like some here. Getting a map and March/April sent out now with my subscription starting in May. They've sent me an invoice for $22, or I can pay online.

Happy it's sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Got sorted now too. Not getting it free like some here. Getting a map and March/April sent out now with my subscription starting in May. They've sent me an invoice for $22, or I can pay online.

Happy it's sorted out.

Same as that. bit 'meh' really. Order in December, get first issue 6 months later. Not sure about you folks, but I'm slow to jump at this offer. Free map? I'm not twelve and no longer hang postyers on my wall, so further 'meh'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Rooy wrote: »
    Is everyone who ordered originally receiving their orders or just the people that recontacted them about their missing orders in the past month or so as advised here ?

The emails that I got from NGS (same as others on the thread) suggest that they lost the order details for at least some people. If you haven't got magazines yet and your card hasn't been charged I'd assume you're in the the same boat. As NGS have no record you'll never receive any magazines unless you flag it to them. Even if you have been charged, the order is probably late at this stage so you should complain.

I got the same "membership paid" email as others and haven't been charged, so I assume they've just waived the charge given the mess-up. Received Feb, March and April issues in the post earlier this week, hopefully this will be the end of the problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I got my first 3 issues delivered the other day...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Well, I hadn't received any notification of how my order was progressing, until earlier today when I sent an email to ngmsupervisor@custserv.com.

Lo and behold, I just received an apology for the inconvenience caused and they will be sending me out my first issue starting in June plus a World Map, whatever that is, once my payment for $22 is processed.

I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't followed up though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Got this on March 26th:
    We can confirm that your Membership has been processed to commence with the May 2012 issue. The expiry date for this membership is April 2013.

Furthermore, this membership has been marked as paid. In the meantime, we have arranged the dispatch of the February 2012 to April 2012 issues to your address, as outlined below. Please allow 2-3 weeks for receipt of these issues.

Zzzz...

Still nada. Emailed another reminder. I might have a reply when I get back from my hols. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Anyone recieved their May issue yet? Or what dates do they usually arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

I got one of those emails long back saying my gift subscription would start in June (or was it July) 2012 and will run up to May 2012. I was also promised a world map - and that was delivered couple of weeks ago.

So yeah, it will come! If it didn't, you are still supporting NGS, you can feel good about it. Oh wait, they didn't charge me.. hmm...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Does anyone who got their subscription via Tesco deals know how long it takes to get the 1st issue sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ciaran_ wrote: »
    Anyone recieved their May issue yet? Or what dates do they usually arrive?

I received it on Tuesday.

Still haven't taken any money yet though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I got my latest edition last week, still havent been charged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

brightkane wrote: »
    I got my latest edition last week, still havent been charged
    Same for myself, I saw same one in my local Tesco gelling for €7.60 :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Still nothing here. Got the world map (three or four weeks ago), two invoices/requests for payment and one "thank you for your payment" letter. Bit a of shambles.

Advertisement