Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

In our experience... from ordering to delivery is quite a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

It's been 11 weeks since I ordered, and I can't see the transaction in the credit card statement either.

And now I see HDUK has the same (?) link getting loads of hits?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/national-geographic-1-year-subscription-12-issues-for-12-1148968?page=1

So, just to be clear, did anyone who ordered based on this thread seen NG deliveries yet?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

positron wrote: »
    It's been 11 weeks since I ordered, and I can't see the transaction in the credit card statement either.

And now I see HDUK has the same (?) link getting loads of hits?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/national-geographic-1-year-subscription-12-issues-for-12-1148968?page=1

So, just to be clear, did anyone who ordered based on this thread seen NG deliveries yet?

Thanks!

Did you read this thread?

I posted a reply from NGS last week that cleared up the issue, they have obviosuly had some issues with delay but it all seems to be sorted out, infact they've come back subsequently to confirm the back issues will be posted within 2-3 weeks.

It's a legitimate bargain as far as I can tell, the only problems seem to be that they either lost some orders from people and are having problems with delay.

I ordered 10.5 weeks ago, NGS state that for international deliveries it will take 8-12 weeks.

It's NOT 12 weeks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Did you read this thread?

I posted a reply from NGS last week that cleared up the issue, they have obviosuly had some issues with delay but it all seems to be sorted out, infact they've come back subsequently to confirm the back issues will be posted within 2-3 weeks.

It's a legitimate bargain as far as I can tell, the only problems seem to be that they either lost some orders from people and are having problems with delay.

I ordered 10.5 weeks ago, NGS state that for international deliveries it will take 8-12 weeks.

It's NOT 12 weeks yet.

You said there that they lost some of the orders. Do we have to email them proof of our order in case they were lost.
    Its will be 12 weeks for me this Sunday since i placed the order and i havnt even been charged yet. Which makes me believe I wont be getting the magazine at all.

WHy the hell does it take so long for them to deliver the first issue. Its a bit of a joke tbh. Iv never dealt with such a badly run organisation. Most people who ordered (and who are not paying attention to this thread) have probably forgotten about their orders. Im seriously regretting not ordering through Tesco Clubcard Deals. Its much cheaper too

Hogzy wrote: »
    You said there that they lost some of the orders. Do we have to email them proof of our order in case they were lost.
    Its will be 12 weeks for me this Sunday since i placed the order and i havnt even been charged yet. Which makes me believe I wont be getting the magazine at all.

WHy the hell does it take so long for them to deliver the first issue. Its a bit of a joke tbh. Iv never dealt with such a badly run organisation. Most people who ordered (and who are not paying attention to this thread) have probably forgotten about their orders. Im seriously regretting not ordering through Tesco Clubcard Deals. Its much cheaper too

You don't need to e-mail them proof of anything until you don't receive them.

You won't be charged until the order has been processed, if you don't hear anything from them by early next week I would e-mail them and make a query - e-mail details were posted earlier in the thread. No reason why you won't get it - it's just taking longer than most people expected. In thinking in hindsight in my experience NG magazines have always taken this length of time to arrive whether on special offer of or not. Maybe not 12 weeks but certainly at least 8 weeks.

Yes I agree, how hard can it be to post a magazine? But sure that's just NGS for ya !

• Advertisement

You don't need to e-mail them proof of anything until you don't receive them.

You won't be charged until the order has been processed, if you don't hear anything from them by early next week I would e-mail them and make a query - e-mail details were posted earlier in the thread. No reason why you won't get it - it's just taking longer than most people expected. In thinking in hindsight in my experience NG magazines have always taken this length of time to arrive whether on special offer of or not. Maybe not 12 weeks but certainly at least 8 weeks.

Yes I agree, how hard can it be to post a magazine? But sure that's just NGS for ya !

Are they posted from the USA, UK or Netherlands? If they are posted from the US then they would want to be in the mail by now. THerefore i should be charged by now. WHere as if they are posted from the UK they probably wont be posted till late this week (at the latest)

Did you read this thread?.[/B]

Yes, I have been following this thread ever since I ordered, thank you for asking. I knew your specific case - you emailed them and got it sorted. And someone else posted saying they got theirs, and some one else did not, who later turned out to be someone who ordered elsewhere (not this BA link). So I was just trying to clarify the situation - and I am glad to know you have started receiving your NG copies.

So, to rephrase my question, has anyone other than vicwatson seen anything in the post? If you have, when was the money taken out of your card/account? And did you email them to get it sorted?

Thanks in advance!

Are they posted from the USA, UK or Netherlands? If they are posted from the US then they would want to be in the mail by now. THerefore i should be charged by now. WHere as if they are posted from the UK they probably wont be posted till late this week (at the latest)

Don't know where they are posted from, why not e-mail them and ask them for an update on your order?

Yes, I have been following this thread ever since I ordered, thank you for asking. I knew your specific case - you emailed them and got it sorted. And someone else posted saying they got theirs, and some one else did not, who later turned out to be someone who ordered elsewhere (not this BA link). So I was just trying to clarify the situation - and I am glad to know you have started receiving your NG copies.

So, to rephrase my question, has anyone other than vicwatson seen anything in the post? If you have, when was the money taken out of your card/account? And did you email them to get it sorted?

Thanks in advance!

NO ONE has received them yet - at least no one on the thread has said they received theirs yet. I didn't get mine either - did you read the thread?

Why not e-mail them, like I did, and ask them for an update, all the contact details have been posted.

Who cares if others e-mailed them to get it sorted, why don't you go and e-mail them about your own personal order and see what they tell you?

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Well my CC has just been renewed so the expiry date and security code on the back is different. Whatever slim chance of getting it before has gone out the window now I think.

Will wait another week or two then go through the tesco clubcard

• Advertisement

Slunk wrote: »
    Well my CC has just been renewed so the expiry date and security code on the back is different. Whatever slim chance of getting it before has gone out the window now I think.

Will wait another week or two then go through the tesco clubcard

Did you not give them the details of your CC when you ordered it? I did.

They will still be able to take the funds, just because your card has been renewed and there is a new expiry date and security number that won't matter they will still be able to take the funds you agreed to pay them.

Why don't you e-mail them and ask for an update of your order, if you have ordered it and don't want it you will need to advise them to cancel it so they don't take the funds from your CC? They will only take the funds on shipment of the order, you do have an order number right?

Did you not give them the details of your CC when you ordered it? I did.

They will still be able to take the funds, just because your card has been renewed and there is a new expiry date and security number that won't matter they will still be able to take the funds you agreed to pay them.

What are you on about? Of course they cannot charge something to an expired credit card. This would completely defeat the purpose of an expiry date to begin with. Not only that but the CCV number will also have changed so they wont be able to charge anything.

The only way that you could be charged through your old CC is if the funds were taken from the account and put in escrow. But that would still show up on your statement.

What are you on about? Of course they cannot charge something to an expired credit card. This would completely defeat the purpose of an expiry date to begin with. Not only that but the CCV number will also have changed so they wont be able to charge anything.

The only way that you could be charged through your old CC is if the funds were taken from the account and put in escrow. But that would still show up on your statement.

If that's the case I'm sure NGS will come back you when they cannot access your card, I thought that once the card number is the same as what you made the order with then there would ne no problem (as it was a confirmed order), anyway contact them to tell them of the situation.

NO ONE has received them yet - at least no one on the thread has said they received theirs yet. I didn't get mine either - did you read the thread?:)

Sigh..! Anyway, here's the comments who said they got something back from NG. I am only interested in hearing from others. Thanks.
    My first mag arrived a couple of days ago so while really slow it does seem to work eventually.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    I got my free map and confirmation of the subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

+1 to the havent received one brigade. Think I ordered about 3 or 4 weeks before Christmas.

Sigh..! Anyway, here's the comments who said they got something back from NG. I am only interested in hearing from others. Thanks.

Please don't be so ignorant, I'm trying to help, you could help yourself by e-mailing NGS yourself and ask them where your magazines are. No one here can tell you when they'll arrive. Sigh yourself !

Please don't be so ignorant, I'm trying to help, you could help yourself by e-mailing NGS yourself and ask them where your magazines are. No one here can tell you when they'll arrive. Sigh yourself !

All you have told everyone to do is email NGS. WHich most have us have done at this point. You keep repeating yourself so I think your ability to help us has been exausted unless you have more to say than "email NGS yourself".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I think ill email NGS and let people know...

All you have told everyone to do is email NGS. WHich most have us have done at this point. You keep repeating yourself so I think your ability to help us has been exausted unless you have more to say than "email NGS yourself".

Well then stop posting if you've already e-mailed them, or at least post what their reply has been, no point in coming on here just to moan that you haven't got the magazines yet - WE KNOW THAT.

Well then stop posting if you've already e-mailed them, or at least post what their reply has been, no point in coming on here just to moan that you haven't got the magazines yet - WE KNOW THAT.

We (the people who have ordered and not yet received anything) are talking amongst ourselves about it. If you have nothing to contribute then dont. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 cokecans

No sign of it here either - just followed up with an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

no sign here either. ill have to follow up with a mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I was going to order this, glad I spotted this thread! I will watch with interest...

What "help" do you need exactly ?
    We (the people who have ordered and not yet received anything) are talking amongst ourselves about it. If you have nothing to contribute then dont. Simple as.

I am one of those that hasn't received anything yet, and I've as much right to be on this forum as you so back off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Success! Received feb and march issues this morning. Ordered before Christmas. I'll see if January issue arrives - if not I'll claim a missed issue on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

highly1111 wrote: »
    Success! Received feb and march issues this morning. Ordered before Christmas. I'll see if January issue arrives - if not I'll claim a missed issue on the website.

were u charged?

Dont get your hopes up folks, He ordered by sending a Cheque to National Geographic in Swords.

He probably dealt with completely different people.

Lets face it. The people who ordered through National Geographic's website wont be getting anything. Im seriously pissed of. What a shambles of a company.
    Hi All

I ordered about 7 weeks ago by sending a cheque and using the form which is in the magazine to the National Geographic address in Swords. I paid about €19 for the membership and subscription.

Still haven't received the mag but the cheque was cashed and my hubby got a card congratulating him on his membership! Still no mag though.

Did anyone else order the old fashioned way? I'm going to dig out the postcard thing we got and see if there's any number on it.

Fingers crossed they'll arrive soon

Thank you for your most helpful of replies. I'm delighted to inform you that I can actually read. The difference with my post is that I didn't order online and hence was wondering if anyone who ordered the same way had received anything yet.

Delighted to see patience is at an all time high.......

Guys, got a reply, they will arrive within the next month.

• Advertisement

Africa wrote: »
    Guys, got a reply, they will arrive within the next month.

Nooooooooo, really?:)

Advertisement