Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Until i see my first issue of Nat Geo in the letter box my opinion on how they are handling this whole thing wont change.

For such a large company (with presumably a huge online subscription base) they are absolutly terrible at customer support. I had to explain the entire situation in 3 emails before I got anywhere. Everytime i was told to forward my query to a different dept. They should be the ones forwarding the query. Its bloody ridiculous to be told they cannot access your account when I am able to enter my details into the order page and clearly see that I have placed the order and that it has supposedly "shipped"

Once this is sorted out, i have no doubt that I will be charged the regular (non discounted) rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I emailed NGS and received this reply back from them today

Firstly, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the non-receipt of your magazines. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the orders referenced in the attached email and will be investigating this matter further. Please rest assured that your order will be placed shortly and we will arrange for missed issues from the interim period (i.e. February 2012, March 2012 and April 2012) to be arranged complimentarily, in light of the inconvenience caused.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience with this matter. We will be in contact again very shortly.

Kind Regards,
    Paul Wilson
    National Geographic Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Hogzy wrote: »
    Until i see my first issue of Nat Geo in the letter box my opinion on how they are handling this whole thing wont change.

For such a large company (with presumably a huge online subscription base) they are absolutly terrible at customer support. I had to explain the entire situation in 3 emails before I got anywhere. Everytime i was told to forward my query to a different dept. They should be the ones forwarding the query. Its bloody ridiculous to be told they cannot access your account when I am able to enter my details into the order page and clearly see that I have placed the order and that it has supposedly "shipped"

Once this is sorted out, i have no doubt that I will be charged the regular (non discounted) rate.

I hear you - but as per my post earlier I found the procedure that I followed simple and quick which is why I posted it.

For other posters I'd advise not starting with an email but instead to use the weblink posted as this service clearly puts you in touch directly with online team who sent out the order number. Once they response simply forward their response to the email for the magazine team.

RE: price - the order number that kicks this off has a price linked with the subscription so I'm not particularly concerned that they will try to charge anything other than this value.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Have only just followed up on my email (way back on page 7). Belt and braces approach and emailed several customer departments including to Paul Wilson.
    It seems that it may need a poke to get them to send the mags ,( as in vicwatson's success). So we'll all be hoping to hear from donnacha, hogzy et al and if they too have success. But at least it may get a ball rolling their end

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Still haven't received it - just sent email there. Has anyone else noticed the National Geographic Subscription advert under this thread? Ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I got this reply from ngsintl@customersvc.com, I never had any money taken from my account but the idea of having to fax them a bank statement is ludicrous

Amsterdam, 15/03/2012

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We regret to advise you that we are unable to locate an active account with the information
    that was provided to us. We kindly ask you to confirm the date that your payment was made
    and when it was deducted from your bank account by providing us with a copy of your bank
    statement. Please send this information as soon as possible by fax only (0031204874119).
    NOTE: For security reasons it is important that you do not send your banking information by
    email.

Thank you for your interest in National Geographic. If we can be of any further assistance,
    do not hesitate to contact us or consult your online customer service page at www.ngmservice.
    com.

Exceptional customer service is our number one priority. If at anytime you feel you're not
    receiving this level of service, please feel free to contact my supervisor Paul Wilson, by
    email at ngmsupervisor@custserv.com.

Yours Sincerely

National Geographic Society

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

bkrangle wrote: »
    I got this reply from ngsintl@customersvc.com, I never had any money taken from my account but the idea of having to fax them a bank statement is ludicrous

Amsterdam, 15/03/2012

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We regret to advise you that we are unable to locate an active account with the information
    that was provided to us. We kindly ask you to confirm the date that your payment was made
    and when it was deducted from your bank account by providing us with a copy of your bank
    statement. Please send this information as soon as possible by fax only (0031204874119).
    NOTE: For security reasons it is important that you do not send your banking information by
    email.

Thank you for your interest in National Geographic. If we can be of any further assistance,
    do not hesitate to contact us or consult your online customer service page at www.ngmservice.
    com.

Exceptional customer service is our number one priority. If at anytime you feel you're not
    receiving this level of service, please feel free to contact my supervisor Paul Wilson, by
    email at ngmsupervisor@custserv.com.

Yours Sincerely

National Geographic Society

I got the same reply and they are suggesting me to put my order again. Haven't seen worse customer support and attitude, after 12 weeks of time waisting not going to order, did not expected from reputable magazine.

Dear Mr Hogzy
    Member Number XXXXXXXXXXX
    Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in response regarding the below.

We can confirm that your Membership has been processed to commence with the May 2012 issue. The expiry date for this membership is April 2013. Furthermore, this membership has been marked as paid. In the meantime, we have arranged the dispatch of the February 2012 to April 2012 issues to your address, as outlined below. Please allow 2-3 weeks for receipt of these issues.

Our sincere apologies again for the inconvenience caused by this matter and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Just Got This

Seems like they are sending inconsistant replies back. I received a request for the receipt from their on line shop (so i forwarded on the order and shipping emails.Had already provided order and shipping numbers) Am wondering are they now going to say " well since no money was taken from your card...."
    however, I do hold out hope that I'm on the right path, and I they seem to be slowly following up (I did also receive an email from one of their customer service people, who basically said, that they could see I'd ordered, but they couldn't follow it up, and that it was up to me to follow it through another branch of their customer service department.Annoying)
    Hogzy, did you check to see if they had taken payment from your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Got this today - they don't seem to be very reliable with processing/delivering; at least there trying to make up for it thou...

Dear XXXX,

Membership Number: XXXXXXXX

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in response regarding the below.

We can confirm that your Membership has been processed to commence with the May 2012 issue. The expiry date for this membership is April 2013. Furthermore, this membership has been marked as paid. In the meantime, we have arranged the dispatch of the February 2012 to April 2012 issues to your address, as outlined below. Please allow 2-3 weeks for receipt of these issues.

Our sincere apologies again for the inconvenience caused by this matter and thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

keith123 wrote: »
    Got this today - they don't seem to be very reliable with processing/delivering; at least there trying to make up for it thou...

Dear XXXX,

I got the same this morning, but the subscription starts in June and I'm getting march-may sent in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

TPD wrote: »
    keith123 wrote: »

Dear XXXX,

I got the same this morning, but the subscription starts in June and I'm getting march-may sent in advance.

Got that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

I am not getting any response from NG! I emailed them and they told me to contact ngsintl@customersvc.com, which I did and no response from them since! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Got the same as many others, getting my deal now with 3 extra mags, and on till next June. Grand enough, said to them that Im grand enough getting the 3 extra mags, thatll do as comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Yay. After two emails saying they had no record of my order and my credit card been renewed since ordering I had given up on this. Just got the email saying NY year starts in June with March to may issues free. Wonder if they managed to charge my renewed card or if its just a gesture for the complete **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'd say it's a gesture.

My original card was lost/stolen shortly after I made the initial order so I was reissuued a new card and number. Old card wasn't charged.

Success. Got the feb and march issues today. Looks like it came from the Netherlands

Hogzy wrote: »
    Success. Got the feb and march issues today. Looks like it came from the Netherlands
    How long after they emailed til you got your first magazine?

Slunk wrote: »
    How long after they emailed til you got your first magazine?

last week. Go back through the thread. I posted the email ye all got today last week and they arrived today. DELIGHTED.

Expect them soon folks

EDIT: Got the email on the 20th of March

Thanks. Am on phone and there's been a lot of different emails posted.
    Something to look forward to in the post now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

just got this from them

We can confirm that your Membership has been processed to commence with the June 2012 issue. The expiry date for this membership is May 2013. Furthermore, this membership has been marked as paid. In the meantime, we have arranged the dispatch of the March 2012 to May 2012 issues to your address, as outlined below. Please allow 2-3 weeks for receipt of these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Got the same email.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Mine arrived yesterday ...April edition..( the one with Titanic on it)

Can I ask which email address did you all use? I am yet to get a positive response back from NG, let alone actual magazines!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

I got the same email also.

"Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in response regarding the below....."

Looks like we will finally get them. Really poor service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

I emailed on the 9th March, not even an acknowledgement. Have sent emails to Paul Wilson and through the web contact form too now. Fingers crossed. Dreadful customer service though. It's hard to fathom.

Got the mail saying that membership will run from june to may, with them sending out march-may mags as a concession.Also will nbe marked as paid.
    positron- I sent umteen mails to various cust. service people,but got best response from paul wilson (don't have the email address to hand, but I'm sure someone will provide the email address). Forward on the emails you received confirming your order and shipping to help things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Slevster wrote: »
    Got the mail saying that membership will run from june to may, with them sending out march-may mags as a concession.Also will nbe marked as paid.
    positron- I sent umteen mails to various cust. service people,but got best response from paul wilson (don't have the email address to hand, but I'm sure someone will provide the email address). Forward on the emails you received confirming your order and shipping to help things along.

People looking for the email address go back and read the full thread its all there. Both Slevster and I and others have posted full contact details.

Post 93 & 113

Yay, finally got my email from Paul Wilson. Subscription will start from June, and I am getting a free world map as a sweetener. My nephew is going to love the map and magazines! All forgiven to NGS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

has anyone actually been charged?

Advertisement