Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

best christmas present was a trip to new york in 2006 loved every minute of it and would so go back to new york tomorrow if i could.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

The best present i received was a slow cooker from my Parents last year, i have probably got more use from it in the last 12 months than any present i ever received and you can't beat a slow cooked Irish Stew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I dunno what the best I've ever given is, they are all too awesome.
    The worst I ever received was a book from my brother that he only gave me because he had already read it, it was part of a series he was interested in that I had zero interest in. It's the thought that counts. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭andy2die4

when i was 6 i asked Santa for a toy JCB digger as my Dad drove one at the time. I wote about five letters and said prayers night and day. On christmas morning my brother got a police car and i got the classic red fire truck. BEST CHRISTMAS EVER. I did'nt even think about the JCB till Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭windowlicker

Best was the first playstation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭baileye

Best is probably the original Xbox - still use that bad boy as my media player.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I bought my brother and his wife a juicer from aldi because I was totally broke at the time, only got paid on xmas eve and all the other shops were closed.

He got me a voucher for a lovely b&b

Since then I have been referred to as the guy who gives really crap presents

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Worst present I ever gave (as a group gift and I was pretty young at the time so I wasn't really involved :pac: ) was a bottle of vodka to my sister. She was in charge of picking out lovely gifts for each of our siblings as a group gift from all of us leaving us only one gift to pick out..hers..and we gave her a bottle of vodka. I'll always feel very bad about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

A few years ago I got given a potty.... because my parent's weren't able to get my Wii in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

My OH let me go home to NZ for a month to see my new nephews and spend my first christmas in 10years with my family!
    Worst bit was I flew back on St Stephens day to spend New Years with the OH family.

In return last year I got them.....
    Socks...
    They love them Hi-tech Smartwool super warm in the bad weather socks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Best Xmas present i ever received was a battery powered model airplane glider with a 1.2m wingspan. Modifiied it by putting solar panels on its wings to charge the battery while flying! Cooool.

Worst present was a pair of socks and a can of deoderant (not a gift set, just a can!!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

i remember christmas, it was fun that one time

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Best Christmas Present? Boring but it was the Kindle I received last year.

Worst? When I was 17 my ma gave me a card that said get 10 driving lessons and I will pay. I wasn't able to collect for nearly 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

My little girl was born at home on Christmas morning 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭rpurfield

my worst present ever was a sovreign ring off an ex that i could actually bend to fit my finger cos it was too big!!think the wife found it recently and it made a trip to the cash for gold with her broken bracelets/single ear rings!! my best christmas present was meeting my now wife ten years ago this st stephens' day

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Best present I give someone is probably the pool table I got someone last year, great idea but not sure if the half mile walk home from the shop with it was worth it!

Worst present I ever bought was probably a deodorant set or something, I'm always buying that kinda stuff when I'm stuck for an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rhubar

Worst present ever is anything my brother ever gets me - he doesn't have a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

A potato clock would be pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

One Christmas, after almost 3 years of going out together, I was given.....a flask.

Now it wasn't just any ordinary flask. Oh wait, it was :P

Not that was an interesting conversation...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

a bluetooth set for the car. I never answer the phone when driving so it's never been used......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

The worst - i got a wrapped box from my Aunt last year - i thought it might have been shoes - opened it x-mas morning to discover a 'snuggy' ie the blanket with the sleeves - very disappointed - even more so when my sister refused to stop laughing and put it on and started singing sister act songs!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dareden

Anything with a potato is good by me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

a set of table mats, and not just ordinary table mats but the most god awful set that must of been in hiding since the 70's as I doubt anyone would still sell a set like this

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

worst present was a half pound of sausages
    best present was a frying pan!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 C.heff

Best Christmas present I ever got was my beautiful daughter born 25years ago this christmas smile.gif
    Seasons Greetings :)

We hope you’re getting excited by the approach of Christmas! This wait can be tantalisingly slow for some, but for others the time will tear by faster than Santa's Sleigh can travel (leading to manic last-minute shopping…).

Well, winning the Christmas Package we have up for grabs this month should help you either way.

The Electric Ireland Store is there to cater for your Christmas needs, with plenty to offer the curious shopper. We have put together a package of the below products, worth a combined €280 to one lucky winner.

SolarFairyLights-1-1-1.jpg
    • The Devotec Bluetooth Stereo Speaker is a high quality portable speaker system that plays music via Bluetooth®, and in addition to being mains-chargeable, it can also be powered up by the sun.
    • The Green Science Potato Clock - now here’s a strange one! It’s a clock powered by, ahem... spuds. Easier to come by in most Irish households than batteries when the power runs dry! ;) Plus it would make a great toy for any inquisitive mind!
    • The Philips Living Colours Mini will set the mood and bathe your home in a colour of your choice.
    • The Powermonkey Classic V2 Charger provides portable power for your gadgets when you need it.
    • And finally, the Solar Centre Fairy Lights let you place lights outside without the hassle of mains power – let the sun do the work, even in winter! (so they could be a nice addition to your Christmas décor)
    To be in with a chance to win, just leave a comment below. Anything will do, but to make things more interesting, you could tell us about the best or worst present you’ve ever given someone for Christmas…

Competition closes at midnight on Sunday 11th December, and the winner (chosen at random) will be announced on the Monday morning. Our competition T&Cs can be viewed here.

Best of luck! :)

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Tefral

Best Christmas present was my iphone from my girlfriend..

Worst one was a jumper from my aunt...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Best present was 12 months ago.......... the family dog went missing for just over 3 weeks,after endless days and miles of driving around,we eventually found her,she slept for a week after coming home,remember it was freezing coming up to Christmas and she was exposed to the elements. anyway it was like a dream to have her returned just a few days before christmas:)

worst present a huge electricity bill from ESB:eek: which is due christmas week again this year:o

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MagiD

the best present i ever got was an N64 when i was about 10 from santy.. i have my sneaking suspicions now that it was more a present for my mam than me!! :rolleyes:

still play it to this day.. love it :D

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Can't remember anything as best or worst present.
    Divorce perhaps, but it's not really a present as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Best present I ever got was a Commodore 64 way back in the day.
    The worst was probably socks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement