Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Worst - clothes. I used to hate it when I was a kid and someone would buy me clothes, especially my parents. Even if I liked them, it always felt like more of a present for them rather than for me. Yes I was a selfish little **** :)

Best - clothes! Now I'm all grown up and stuff and my Mammy and Daddy no longer buy all my clothes, this has suddenly become my favourite gift to receive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I once gave a friend a half eaten box of chcolates by accident, I only realised when I got home and saw the full box still sitting there!

She never mentioned it and neither did I...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

best - snowboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

My nan once gave me a set of binOculars to "look at girls". I was 17! Nice to know your gran thinks your a pervy weirdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭Alkers

Best present I ever gave someone is hopefully this years with my parents, going away to Lisbon for the Christmas week as its a very quiet time for us. Worst I i evergave was when I was about 18, went on a serious bender on the 23rd, couldn't even drink water on the 24th and 25th, had left everything till last minute so had no presents and missed Christmas completely...
    Still don't live it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

I gave my girlfriend ( now wife ) a tape of The Best of Fleetwood Mac but copied it for myself before handing it over, don't know which is worse , buying a Fleetwood Mac tape or copying it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mary Teresa

Best present Puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

Best present was spirograph when iwas 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Once received half empty bottle of wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Loving the idea of a potato clock!! Merry Christmas! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

My best present ever was a fort my dad made!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

My sister once gave me a grandfather style nightcap... big long thing in blue and white stripes with some sort of bobble at the end. It was like something Scrooge wore in a Christmas Carol. I was a 15 year old girl at the time!! I've never let her forget this one. A potato clock would be an excellent revenge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I never give bad presents! *whistles nonchalantly* :p

In keeping with the theme of the Thread, usually always get vouchers nowadays which is a brill pressie. But I remember when I was small I was over-joyed every Christmas with all my children's toys. :) My Tape-Recorder :D (Ah them were the days!) a Musical Jewellery Box, my lil' pink Sewing-Machine, and a beautiful doll which didn't do much but I loved her and I'm sure she cost a bob or 2, (she dances I think but her leg broke off!! :eek::o ) Still have all that stuff hoarded away! :)

Have just moved house, and everything in itself is expensive to have to buy, so pretty handy stuff as well - but it would be cool to say the best Christmas Gift/Package I got this year contained a clock, and a music-piece, and a mood-maker, and a charger, and fairy-lights ...... Very handy and ideal and useful it has to be said.

*whistles nonchalantly*

/cheese
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭esperanza1

My best present was a Barbie doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

best present ever: a pair of Ed Hardy converse-esque shoes! sounds odd but i had seen them about 3 months before and i couldnt afford them. my wife snuck back to the shop and bought them for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

My best present would be my 2011 Christmas where I got The Devotec Bluetooth Stereo Speaker, The Green Science Potato Clock, The Philips Living Colours Mini, The Powermonkey Classic V2 Charger and Solar Centre Fairy Lights all won in a surprise competition.... Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 d1992

Best present would be a Biker Mice from mars action figure

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Worse Christmas I gave was a bottle of manly wine tht I got as a Kris Kindle at work, I never noticed tht my name was written on the lable, got caught out there.

Best Christmas was an under water MP3 player, swimming lenghts in the pool has just not been the same ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

someone gave me their heart once but I gave it away soon after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Worst xmas present I ever got was from my parents when I was very little.

They brought me to a toy shop before xmas and showed me some toys, one of which was one of those electronic dogs that takes a couple steps and does a back flip. When the dog did the back flip, timid little me nearly lost my life, I was absolutely terrified!

My mother found it so funny that she got me one for Christmas >.<

What did I get for Christmas? Traumatised! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Worst present I got was a hair dryer from a friend who broke mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CJ1

Best present ever was my running watch, it literally has brought me on a personal journey from running my first mile to loving every mile of my first marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lallier

zig and zag tape -best or worst , still don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Best present I ever got anyone was last christmas got my fiance an iphone which he wanted for about 2 years. Made his year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

As a kid a Raleigh Chopper back in the day. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joanboot

worst present I ever got was a 2inch high plastic pony from Santa when I asked for a pony

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

The best present I gave my husband was a bike. He'd been talking for years about getting a bike and he was the happiest man ever, when he saw what I got him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Um bongo um bongo they drink it in the Congo.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

One Christmas my sisters and I really, really wanted a dog. We got up on Christmas morning to find a letter from Santa explaining that he couldn't bring a dog in the sleigh but had arranged with our mother than after Christmas we'd go to the animal sanctuary and adopt one. We were absolutely delighted and got a gorgeous dog called Lucy.

(Second best was a train set :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Got one sock one a few years back. :rolleyes:

Fill it with catnip, stitch it shut and give it to the cat

My worst was a make-up set from my aunt and her husband, I don't wear make-up and it wasn't even Max Factor level makeup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement