Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Ted Walsh on C4 was asked who is best value tip for Chelt was today..
    His response was Sous les Cieux in the supreme he followed that with he should definitely get in the money. Good news...

Does this answer my long standing question about which race hes going for and am I to assume this info has been filtered through to Ted from some vaguely familiar jockey who is supposedly the son of his..?
    Some say Ruby is really the son of Jerel...

Who knows - Thats were bet number 2 has now gone in the supreme @ 25's Sous Les Cieux..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

ste2010 wrote: »
    His response was Sous les Cieux in the supreme he followed that with he should definitely get in the money. Good news...

Can't see it myself, he has been poor the last two times. Ted always seems to go for something Ruby rides.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    ste2010 wrote: »

Can't see it myself, he has been poor the last two times. Ted always seems to go for something Ruby rides.

Fair point. I was surprised he said he was gojng for the supreme to be honest. I have a hidden hope he turns out to be something serious on better ground but I know I'm going out one limb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

A lot of the experts say that Sous Les Cieux is a mud lark and I'd have to agree. I reckon he'll be run off his feet in Chelt.

A lot of the experts say that Sous Les Cieux is a mud lark and I'd have to agree. I reckon he'll be run off his feet in Chelt.

That's interesting, I've read the opposite. Its taking a punt but Time will tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I'd be fairly certain that Sous Les Cieux prefers the better ground.
    Didn't look too readied atall for his race at Leopardstown over Xmas, remember someone mentioning to me that day that he'll be sharpened up for bigger prizes.. that day would have been the best ground he's ran on. Ran poorly but he was 100% not 100% for that race.
    Not too much hype about him but I'd be fairly interested in Ted's comments and might have a bet on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Just had a fair whack on Ruby Walsh for top jockey at 8/11 with William Hill. Think it's a superb price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Just had a fair whack on Ruby Walsh for top jockey at 8/11 with William Hill. Think it's a superb price

Looks a bit too good to be true but might be a bit short if Nichols stable isn't firing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had three winners the other day. Much more encouraging

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    Looks a bit too good to be true but might be a bit short if Nichols stable isn't firing.

I'd be more concerned if Mullins wasn't firing. If he gets Big Bucks up from Nicholls string alone i'd be happy. Nicholls/Walsh do seem to have an outsider win at nearly every festival though

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »

Yeah, was impressed with Dodging Bullets even though he got beaten. I think he could reverse form with Grumeti next time out.

That either doesn't say much for Grumeti's chances in the Triumph, or it enhances the chances of Pearl Swan, seeing as Nicholls says that's his best

UrbanSea wrote: »

Saw that ,and hopefully he has turned the corner. 5 from his last 45 is a bit of a concern when you look at his normal strike rate of over 20%. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Any thoughts on following bet in PP. it's for SP fav for gold cup. They go 8/15 long run and 6/4 kauto. Long run generally about 2/1 n 9/4 and kauto around 3/1 n 7/2. Presume the public money will come for kauto on the day, but will the professional money be on long run. Could you see kauto going off as fav. I think long run will start fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

If kauto wins will he go down as the best there ever was?

I'd imagine the professional money might be staying away from this race!!
    Long run will defo start as fav in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Yeah it's about thel same price as quevega winning. Wonder is it more of a sure thing (not that there's any such thing in this game!!). Can't really see kauto overturning to be the fav.

Minsk out of festival. Found to have a throat infection after yesterday's race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Yeah, was impressed with Dodging Bullets even though he got beaten. I think he could reverse form with Grumeti next time out.

That either doesn't say much for Grumeti's chances in the Triumph, or it enhances the chances of Pearl Swan, seeing as Nicholls says that's his best

Not sure there think grumeti looks like a good thing for the triumph was eased down and giving a few pounds to dodging bullets. Value is certainly gone at this stage though:(

Not sure there think grumeti looks like a good thing for the triumph was eased down and giving a few pounds to dodging bullets. Value is certainly gone at this stage though:(

Agreed! He could maybe get grumeti off the bridle, but will need to improve a hell of a lot to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Themonkey

i think every body is over reacting with grumeti PEARL SWAN gave him 3 pound and beat him on only his second run 4th lifetime start (grumeti has 13 lifetime very experienced) and will defo improve cracking ew bet at the prices 8 to 1

• Advertisement

only1stevo wrote: »
    Agreed! He could maybe get grumeti off the bridle, but will need to improve a hell of a lot to beat him.

Hard to know as Grumeti was on the bridle and eased do you can't quantify what was left. Didnt think Dodging Bullets settled really or ran with fluency, yet still got close near the end and Ruby was easy on him.

Thats his first run over jumps and a distance so could be massive improvement to come.

Hard to know as Grumeti was on the bridle and eased do you can't quantify what was left. Didnt think Dodging Bullets settled really or ran with fluency, yet still got close near the end and Ruby was easy on him.

Thats his first run over jumps and a distance so could be massive improvement to come.

Although he lost to Pearl Swan.. Still ran a very good race off the bridle.. so I would have thought he'd have had a bit left in the tank.

I agree, there could be lots of improvement indeed, and certainly looked novicey througout.

Cheltenham Festival Top Jockeys

2011: Ruby Walsh (5)
    2010: Ruby Walsh (3)
    2009: Ruby Walsh (7)
    2008: Ruby Walsh (3)
    2007: Robert Thornton (4)
    2006: Ruby Walsh (3)
    2005: Graham Lee (3)
    2004: Ruby Walsh (3)
    2003: Barry Geraghty (5)

Ruby Walsh: Cheltenham Festival Record

2011: 5 wins from 18 rides
    2010: 3 wins from 21 rides
    2009: 7 wins from 20 rides
    2008: 3 wins from 21 rides
    2007: 3 wins from 19 rides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

pnh_hr_chelt_ss_mbs.GIF

Paddy's special on SS this year. Done the same with Dunguib in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    pnh_hr_chelt_ss_mbs.GIF

Paddy's special on SS this year. Done the same with Dunguib in 2010.

And Cue Card last year. Here's hoping it's not 3rd time lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Paddy knows Peddlers is gonna win

Incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭El Ninotorres

Can't see Sprinter being beaten in all honesty.

Al Ferof is probably the best each way bet in the race. His form is the best in the race, even if he hasn't been visually as impressive as Sprinter Sacre.

People seem to be basing their opinion on Peddlers' Cross purely on his hurdles form, because he has shown nothing over fences that'd warrant his position as being second favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Peddlers jumps well
    He will be fine
    He hasn't raced against gd fields over fences yet but he has more potential than most the arkle field judged on his hurdle form.
    We haven't seen the best of him yet

Advertisement