Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Champion Court is really weak on the exchanges tonight. 2 euro to lay at 10.5 and 6 at 12 and the rest at 1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

john47832 wrote: »

Cant believe anyone on here picks any horse other than Grand Crus for the RSA - gives weight to the philosophy of absolving the democratic right of one man one vote from society :D

I've been to 3 preview nights and I don't remember a single person say Grand Crus would win the RSA.

What ones were you at Richie

UrbanSea wrote: »
    What ones were you at Richie

The big one in Waterford with Francome, Segal, Russell, Jim McGrath, Cattermole and Noel O Brien.

Two local ones with Robbie Power, Colm Murphy some dude from the RP and a few randomers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 donegal92

Just a couple questions to anyone that feels like answering about antepost/betting on the day -

How much of your staking do you reckon has been done ante-post comapred to what you'll bet on the day? For example, I've pretty much most races covered on the first day already with ante-post bets but will probably stake go in on SS and HF on the day again for a few quid but only about half of what I've staked antepost on all the races. i.e. antepost bets for Tuesday is €100+ and will probably bet around €50 on the day.

Also what's your ante-post 'portfolio' (for want of a better word) shaping up like with only a few days left? Interesting to see what sort of odds you go and how they fare out now.

Mine at the moment looks like this:
    Al Ferof with PP @ 5/1 MB Special; HF @ 10/11; 2-3 Accums with HF @ 4/5, SS @ 5/4, Long Run @ 9/4, Scotsirish @ 5/2 and Sizing @ 5/4; Garde Champetre @ 8/1; Tiger O'Toole @ 33/1; Tullamore Dew @ 12/1; Harpsy Cord @ 20/1.

Binocular TBP @ 1.91; Overturn TBP @ 10.0 Montbazon @ 11.5; Trifolium @ 19.0; Bobs Worth @ 6.4;.. and two fails Voler La Vedette @ 7.4 and Bog Warrior @ 22.0 for RSA.

All NRNB bar the Betfair odds.

* and after writing all that out, I probably should've just asked what your steal was so far in antepost betting.. bah.

Hurricane fly at 2/1 nrnb is my best

• Advertisement

The big one in Waterford with Francome, Segal, Russell, Jim McGrath, Cattermole and Noel O Brien.

Two local ones with Robbie Power, Colm Murphy some dude from the RP and a few randomers

Was Colm Murphy really sweet on Sizing Europe

Also, I love when you wake up to find a horse you've backed all blue.

Holmwood Legend was 33/1 with Boyles, mostly 25/1. Wake up this morning, few go 20/1, the rest 14/1 and 16/1. My 33/1 NRNB looks alright :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Does anyone else think Barbershop looks very good value in the Foxhunters, he is 14/1 and a couple of years ago off level weights would have beaten all of these.

He is only ten and has won his last two races to qualify so may well have gotten some of his enthusiasm back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Barbershop looks very good value in the Foxhunters, he is 14/1 and a couple of years ago off level weights would have beaten all of these.

He is only ten and has won his last two races to qualify so may well have gotten some of his enthusiasm back.

Will he stay the trip tho that would be my worry.

The trip is a definite question but I think the Good ground will give him every chance of getting it if there is a doubt.

He has ran in the Gold Cup and even though he was well beaten and it was the easy side of good, if he has gained some confidence that he should be able to place or better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

I was thinking my ante posts bets were safe and well until the ominous support for Get Me Out Of Here in the County today. Will sting badly for me if JJ deserts the Coral now.

I hate to see a gamble on a JP horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Betfred are 11/10 HF & 9/2 Kauto.

Champion Hurdle is now day of the race market so R4 may apply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I'm on Riverside Theatre to win on sat and the ryanair. 35/1 double

BOOM!
    Related contingency. You won't get paid out if it comes off

Yes, but I also got paid out at 35/1! Withdrew the cash there just in case it's reviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well done Hulk! Sweet double!

Nice one Morgans, fancied Salsify but did know he was such a big price when you posted. Hope you smashed in too.

Sorry cant find your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Morgans

12/1, 10/1 and SP today. It has been a good day.

Oscar Nominee nearly made it a stupendous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

What do people think about Synchronised as an outsider for the Gold Cup? Hardly the best Lexus field he beat over xmas but he did it very impressively nonetheless. He'll certainly stay the trip and good ground seemed to suit him fine the last day. A friend took some special offer 20/1 e/w the other day but has since changed his mind and offered to swap the slip for stake. I think i'll take it. Think he has a good chance of placing

One of the best decisions I ever made. Friend is sickened :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Nulty wrote: »
    Haven't gone mad this year

Abergavenny - County
    Divers - Plate
    Sunnyhillboy - Kim Muir
    Realt Dubh - Ryanair
    Cinders and Ashes - Supreme
    Blackstairmountain - Arkle
    Alfie Spinner - NH Chase
    Medermit - Gold Cup

NAPs - Divers and Sunnyhillboy

Divers and Sunnyhillboy double is 135/1 at Boylesports BTW ;)

Tell you what, if they hadn't watered on Wednesday night, I'd be swimming in money right now. The double didn't come off but Sunnyhillboy more than paid for the festival. Will be interested to see what mark Divers gets after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I've been to 3 preview nights and I don't remember a single person say Grand Crus would win the RSA.

not surprising given that he wasnt actually confirmed to run at that stage

• Advertisement

BOOM!

Yes, but I also got paid out at 35/1! Withdrew the cash there just in case it's reviewed

Jammy git:eek:

Well done Hulk.

john47832 wrote: »
    not surprising given that he wasnt actually confirmed to run at that stage

No, all of them, Segal, Francome, Cattermole, Davy Russell ect, to a man they all agreed he wouldnt stay the RSA trip never mind the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Had a weird dream last night- Minsk went to Cheltenham and won at 11/2 but was the only horse in the race..everyone lumped on and was bragging on the forum saying I told ye head win! Fupping crazy shi

ste2010 wrote: »
    Had a weird dream last night- Minsk went to Cheltenham and won at 11/2 but was the only horse in the race..everyone lumped on and was bragging on the forum saying I told ye head win! Fupping crazy shi

Stay off the crackpipe mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

hucklebuck wrote: »
    ste2010 wrote: »

Stay off the crackpipe mate!!

On another note, You should get an award for having the most posts on a boards thread fallong only second to the "free happy endings with 12 Kellogg's tokens" thread in the after hours forum

Advertisement