Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oisinc94

AK123 wrote: »
    Ugh 3 exams left! Any ideas what to do for German? Topics? I'd say i'll be okay just would love to be getting a high B in HL

Also, HL Accounting? A company a/c HAS to come up? Any other ideas to what can come up other than ratios? I've nothing touched since the mocks for it.. cramming like feck this weekend :P

Would anyone else agree that Queen maybe q1 for HL music as it hasnt been q1 before? :D

All suggestions welcome :P

our teacher thinks it will be either published or cash flow for q6. cash budget with no purchases given for q9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oisinc94

anyone have any ideas for physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ele1992

Ok accounting predictions:
    q1. company
    q6 and q7 incomplete and suspense.

I love suspense and really want it to come up but is it too predictable?? up every second year so far! Are students not good at it or something? any ideas because they're the two i know the most for that section :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loststudent

Higher Level Economics anyone? Even tips on what to study?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

Anyone else find construction extremely hard???
    Accounting and physics monday doubt i'll be leaving my house too much this weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Pinkeyyy

Ag Science anyone ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

The SEC are watching this forum and picking out the questions we predict to come up..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

The SEC are watching this forum and picking out the questions we predict to come up..
    Yeah... The papers were printed in Novermber. Thank God for time machines!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chloe112

Pinkeyyy wrote: »
    Ag Science anyone ? :)

rumiant maybe...not a notion about anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chloe112

Music or ag science anybody??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm thinking of just learning Plath and Heaney for the poetry.

Will that be okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of just learning Plath and Heaney for the poetry.

Will that be okay?
    Yes, don't worry. They will definitely come up! They have to seeing as that is all everyone studied. Like imagine the uproar that would ensue if they didn't come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study2012

ele1992 wrote: »
    Ok accounting predictions:
    q1. company
    q6 and q7 incomplete and suspense.

I love suspense and really want it to come up but is it too predictable?? up every second year so far! Are students not good at it or something? any ideas because they're the two i know the most for that section :/

no not suspense and thats an advantage that you know them two;). i no alot that hate suspense. i hate it too. i hope incomplete or cash flow statements come up. or even both:D

so wait no one thinks that cash flow statements are going to come up??????? in section 2.
    noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

study2012 wrote: »
    no not suspense and thats an advantage that you know them two;). i no alot that hate suspense. i hate it too. i hope incomplete or cash flow statements come up. or even both:D

Woooo i really want suspense to come up!
    Also in the ratios, i think they'll ask us to comment on performance, state of affairs and prospects!
    Farm accounts anyone for section 2? a lot of people predicting it. i went to an accounting workshop and they predicted: Company accounts,depreciation (reducing bal), Suspense, incomplete, farm account in section 2, cashflow, product/stock costing, cash budget and then in ratios performance state of affairs and prospects!
    I will literally die if incomplete of suspense doesn't come up! I'm the only person in my school doing it so will be on my own in the room! PLEASE GOD!!

In ag for the experiments i think learn the soil,microbiology and plants and leave out animal exps and genetic exps because a soil 1 comes up every year in soil question and in the exp question nearly every year except one there's been a soil exp and a plant exp and microbiology is predicted to come but there are only four of them! Also dairy is up every year!

so wait no one thinks that cash flow statements are going to come up??????? in section 2.
    noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a cashflow could come up my friend :) well i hope it does haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 funnelweb

AK123 wrote: »
    Thanks guys :D

What did people think of German? Comprehensions were odd :P

yeah i thought the aurals wer tough?

hey guys farm accounts were never asked as 100 marker so would that not make it impossible for it to be up this year!!!!!
    i srsly think this is going to be the paper
    q1companyac
    q567 ratios cashflow and suspense
    q.9 cash budgeting or flexible
    i would love that paper
    i hope it does come up

hey guys farm accounts were never asked as 100 marker so would that not make it impossible for it to be up this year!!!!!
    i srsly think this is going to be the paper
    q1companyac
    q567 ratios cashflow and suspense
    q.9 cash budgeting or flexible
    i would love that paper
    i hope it does come up

you can't say for 100% they won't come up, really predicted this year.
    Plus like every other paper this year they are becoming unpredictable so i think they COULD throw a farm account in! Hard to know though but it is possible nearly everything else asked in section 1 comes up in section 2 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Any tips on what the study for the next two days for chemistry? Last minute things to go over that come up often or are likely to come up(or relatively likely) Also same for Spanish not sure what to go over except tenses and verbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

leemurta wrote: »
    Any tips on what the study for the next two days for chemistry? Last minute things to go over that come up often or are likely to come up(or relatively likely) Also same for Spanish not sure what to go over except tenses and verbs.

For chem, go over all the experiments, fuels & heats and organic. Just with those you could have more than 60% of your paper :) Acids/bases/pH/water can come up individually or combined but they're wonderfully easy. Rates of reaction is another really handy one.

Woooo i really want suspense to come up!
    Also in the ratios, i think they'll ask us to comment on performance, state of affairs and prospects!
    Farm accounts anyone for section 2? a lot of people predicting it. i went to an accounting workshop and they predicted: Company accounts,depreciation (reducing bal), Suspense, incomplete, farm account in section 2, cashflow, product/stock costing, cash budget and then in ratios performance state of affairs and prospects!
    I will literally die if incomplete of suspense doesn't come up! I'm the only person in my school doing it so will be on my own in the room! PLEASE GOD!!

In ag for the experiments i think learn the soil,microbiology and plants and leave out animal exps and genetic exps because a soil 1 comes up every year in soil question and in the exp question nearly every year except one there's been a soil exp and a plant exp and microbiology is predicted to come but there are only four of them! Also dairy is up every year!

wait so farm might be section two ???!!!!!:(:(:(:(:confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loststudent

HIGHER LEVEL ECONOMICS?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bengyrules

my predictions for accounting:
    Q1 company (not doing it so i dont really know)
    Q2 revaluation a/c
    Q3 farm a/c
    Q4 tabular statement
    Q5 ratios
    Q6 cash flow
    Q7 suspense a/c
    Q8 costing (dont really know not doing it)
    Q9 cash budgeting

i really hope these come up! i'm trying to avoid suspense at all costs but its nearly guaranteed to come up :( same with tabular.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

HIGHER LEVEL ECONOMICS?

Obviously Demand/Supply/Elasticity and Market Structures are a given - make sure you can compare market structures to each other!
    National Income and International Trade are both majorly tipped, neither came up last year in any major way and they're both HUGE topics.
    Also most likely a fairly substantial Factors of Production question.
    :)

wait so farm might be section two ???!!!!!:(:(:(:(:confused::eek:

Yeah well so i'm told!! At the revision course they were all about it! But mightn be either can't be one hundred percent sure!
    I've no teacher so just going by what they say!
    Quick question, in your opinion do you think i'd be safe with suspense, incomplete, service and club and farm for section 2? Every year either one come up and really want the a1 but don't have time to revise the rest and you know how it is if don't revise it right before exam can't remember it at all in exam! :confused:

Yeah well so i'm told!! At the revision course they were all about it! But mightn be either can't be one hundred percent sure!
    Quick question, in your opinion do you think i'd be safe with suspense, incomplete, service and club and farm for section 2? Every year either one come up and really want the a1 but don't have time to revise the rest and you know how it is if don't revise it right before exam can't remember it at all in exam! :confused:

Yeh You should be fine, the only ones your missing are published, cash flow and tabular. I'm nearly sure either Suspense or incomplete will come up seeing as both were skipped last year! i dont know suspense but i think i'll be safe with incomplete, published, cash flow and service

yeah ur safe like suspense comes up every second year so its due this year
    cash flow last came up in 2008
    published alot are saying its a possible, last on 2009
    and incomplete came up last year as a 60 marker but as a 100 marker it was 2009
    service last came 2010
    farm never was a 100 marker (i think) but are u sure they told u farm is possible as a section 2?
    anyway im preparing cash flow, ratios, published, incomplete and to be safe service and according to u i should know farm
    i need an A1 too.;)
    for section three
    i reckon flexible or cash budgeting - lets hope an easy flexible

yeah ur safe like suspense comes up every second year so its due this year
    cash flow last came up in 2008
    published alot are saying its a possible, last on 2009
    and incomplete came up last year as a 60 marker but as a 100 marker it was 2009
    service last came 2010
    farm never was a 100 marker (i think) but are u sure they told u farm is possible as a section 2?
    anyway im preparing cash flow, ratios, published, incomplete and to be safe service and according to u i should know farm
    i need an A1 too.;)
    for section three
    i reckon flexible or cash budgeting - lets hope an easy flexible

I cant see farm coming up, and if they do put it up they more than likely wont put it up with suspense meaning incompletes as q7 would be fairly definite..

I think it'll be:
    Q1 Company
    Q5 ratios of course and it'll be for current/prospective shareholders
    Q6 published/cash flow
    Q7 incomplete/suspense
    Q8 job/poduct costing (mixed qustion)
    Q9 Cash Budget (no purchases given)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

hamal wrote: »
    Q9 Cash Budget (no purchases given)

What do you mean no purchases given? Was this in the past papers