Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ellie66

Predictions for:
    Art History HL
    Biology HL
    Irish OL
    Thanks ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 D.murphy

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Learn phrases that can be used anywhere... Learn paragraphs on timpeallacht and imirce and like the rest of us, hope for the best.... As for history, don't do it sorry...

have u any phrases or paragraphs on timpeallacht and imirce?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

D.murphy wrote: »

Look up your Irish book... I'm just learning paragraphs and phrases from mine...

just random ones?

ellie66 wrote: »
    Predictions for:
    Art History HL
    Biology HL
    Irish OL
    Thanks ! :D

Definate short question on food or ecology, long question ecology, question somewhere on either plant or human reproduction...

• Advertisement

just random ones?

Well yeah, like just have a look for sample essays on imirce, timpeallacht, Eire San eoraip, I dunno if tiogar ceilteach is comin like but maybe learn a few just in case...

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Well yeah, like just have a look for sample essays on imirce, timpeallacht, Eire San eoraip, I dunno if tiogar ceilteach is comin like but maybe learn a few just in case...

ok thanks for that!

Anyone have sample an triail answers?? I'm pretty screwed for that...

ok thanks for that!

No problem but no guarantees either!! Haha best of luck anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shakeshake

Nitsuj wrote: »
    Feminism as in the suffrage movement? Also, if a decent question comes up on the GAA, i'm flying!

Yeah like Isabella Todd and Hannah Sheehy Skeffington etc... hes convinced it will come up as like how did these people contributed to political social reform etc

And SAME!! im screwed if it doesnt! :P

• Advertisement

Shakeshake wrote: »
    Yeah like Isabella Todd and Hannah Sheehy Skeffington etc... hes convinced it will come up as like how did these people contributed to political social reform etc

And SAME!! im screwed if it doesnt! :P

is that for pass history?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

probably the most stupid question ever but, is it possible to just go in and do any exam, even if you haven't signed up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nq12

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    probably the most stupid question ever but, is it possible to just go in and do any exam, even if you haven't signed up for it?

I don't THINK so, because a certain amount of papers are sent to each exam centre, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nq12

screwed for history and Irish both honors. anyone got safe tips that will help me pass both? quite desperate ha

learn the case studies from the history books, one comes up on each book in some way every year.

irish is just horrible and im panicking myself but id say learn vocab for imirce/difhostaiocht/culu eacnamaiochta/timpeallacht and maybe sport or olympics, as well as your intro and conclusion for a debate/class talk.

Practice a bit of tape or listen to the irish news tomorrow night and try to narrow down poetry and prose to a few key phrases that will you get you through each :)

im doing both of these and i actually think history should not be allowed anywhere near compulsory subjects...reckon it should be out there on the 20th or something, give plenty of learning time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Tá a fhios ag madraí na sráide go bhfuil fadhb na timpeallachta ag éirí níos measa lá in aghaidh an lae.
    Dar leis na staitisticí is deanaí, ní chreideann 37% de dhaoine gur fadhb mór é an téamh domhanda, agus is cuma le 14% faoi.
    Bíonn na saineolaithe ag rá go ndéantar an iomarca dochar ar an gcomhshaol.
    Mar gheall ar an gcúlú eacnamaíochta, chaill go leor daoine a bpostanna agus mar sin, ní bhíonn siad in ann málaí athchúrsála a cheannach.

Tá a fhios ag madraí na sráide go bhfuil fadhb na himirce ag éirí níos measa lá in aghaidh an lae.
    Dar leis na staitisticí is deanaí, bíonn thart ar 100 duine ag dul ar imirce gach uile seachtain.
    Bíonn na saineolaithe ag rá go mbeidh an uimhir seo ag méadú.
    Mar gheall ar an gcúlú eacnamaíochta, chaill go leor daoine a bpostanna agus mar sin, níl aon rogha eile acu ach dul ar imirce.

They're just some general ones I thought of that can be applied to virtually anything, there may be some grammar mistakes in them though so beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Heres my prediction from now on:

Predict the Unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loststudent

What History essays are people doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cian_Collins

Can some please tell me what would be the most important constructions and theroms to learn??? For the love og god someone please HELP ME!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Can some please tell me what would be the most important constructions and theroms to learn??? For the love og god someone please HELP ME!:confused:

Proofs 11,12 and 13 of Geometry.

One of these should come up.

Also cosine rule may make an apperance.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

If you're doing Ordinary Level you don't need to actually prove any theorems, you just need to understand what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm far too amused by the fact that the last posts I had read on this thread all went something like this:

"If Plath or Heaney don't come up I'm fecked."

Bazinga. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm far too amused by the fact that the last posts I had read on this thread all went something like this:

"If Plath or Heaney don't come up I'm fecked."

Bazinga. :P

SEC forever trolling.

What the essay predictions for tomorrow lads?
    Will the paper change have any effect do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jr blank

anyone have any general openings for irish hl essay just to fill up a few lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    SEC forever trolling.

What the essay predictions for tomorrow lads?
    Will the paper change have any effect do you reckon?

They have to put something on the state of the country, the economy, social problems, etc. If not that, sport or the Olympics will surely make an appearance! I'd say both will be on though, there's always something depressing on. :pac:

I'd love it if they completely fecked with everyone and put essays up that no one would ever have prepared. My chance to shine as at waffling as Gaeilge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nomnomnomnom

how long would an irish essay be that would just pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bonnielee

anyone any ideas for a PASS irish essay story, and any ideas what poems/drama will come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AK123

And now with the mistake they made with sending the papers to a school means that it is super hard to predict because these are going to be new papers tomorrow!!

Any HL biology predictions ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

jr blank wrote: »
    anyone have any general openings for irish hl essay just to fill up a few lines

Caithfimid a aithínt go bhfuil go leor fadhbanna le feiceáil sa tír seo sa lá atá inniu ann. Bíonn an dífhostaíocht, an bochtanas, an foréigean agus mar sin de ag cur bhrú uafásach ar dhaoine. Is é an _______ an fhadhb is mó atá ag cur isteach ar an gcine daonna áfach, agus tá orainn iarracht a dhéanamh chun é a réiteach.

That's one that you can use for pretty much any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

how long would an irish essay be that would just pass?

For HL, I think it needs to be about 450-600 words, that is the expected standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jr blank

Caithfimid a aithínt go bhfuil go leor fadhbanna le feiceáil sa tír seo sa lá atá inniu ann. Bíonn an dífhostaíocht, an bochtanas, an foréigean agus mar sin de ag cur bhrú uafásach ar dhaoine. Is é an _______ an fhadhb is mó atá ag cur isteach ar an gcine daonna áfach, agus tá orainn iarracht a dhéanamh chun é a réiteach.

That's one that you can use for pretty much any problem.

thanks!

Advertisement