Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 D.murphy

does anyone know what i should study for physics? im doing pass and i would like to get a good grade! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ele1992

study2012 wrote: »
    yeah ur safe like suspense comes up every second year so its due this year
    cash flow last came up in 2008
    published alot are saying its a possible, last on 2009
    and incomplete came up last year as a 60 marker but as a 100 marker it was 2009
    service last came 2010
    farm never was a 100 marker (i think) but are u sure they told u farm is possible as a section 2?
    anyway im preparing cash flow, ratios, published, incomplete and to be safe service and according to u i should know farm
    i need an A1 too.;)
    for section three
    i reckon flexible or cash budgeting - lets hope an easy flexible

Good because i haven't done anything other than service/club/farm, ratios, suspense and incomplete. Yeah 100%, if you look at the start of the exam papers it says it can be asked as a 60 or 100marker and never been asked as 100 mark in section 2 but like i can't be for sure but just to be save like you know how the papers are getting unpredictable this year! I'd they're just put a balance sheet with a 60mark type question and maybe a little bit of theory if it was asked! I hope not though! Really want incomplete and suspense!
    Good luck, hope we both get the a1!
    Let me know how you find the paper after! Fingers crossed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 scmc

Anyone got any predictions for the spanish opinion piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Chemistry anyone? Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kakes

Most likely experiments: Boyle's Law, fundamental frequency of a stretched string, resistivity, one of the specific heat ones, possibly equilibrium for coplanar forces (the metre stick one).

boyle's law came up last year did it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Kakes

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Chemistry anyone? Thanks in advance...

So difficult to predict, but such a huge course. rmm of volatile liquid maybe, water of crytallisation, ethanal, maybe ethanoic acid, dissolved oxygen. Honestly though i would listen to me, the papers this year have been so unpredictable, hardly worth risking two years work on a few predictions...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Kakes wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Kakes wrote: »

Oops, sorry! I meant Joule's Law :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bengyrules

if what some of you people are saying is true and published a/c come up as 100m then i'm ****ed..

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

I'd love SEC to take the ratios off. That would put the cat among the pigeons ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Achiever

If I covered Ratios, incomplete, published and cash flow for section 2 I'm sure I would be fine :D Also I think Suspense will come up in section 2 but I really despise that question so that's a no go :P Need an A1 hopefully the paper is a nice one :O

• Registered Users Posts: 24 soniacore

HL physics anyone?

All I know is
    exp : Joules law , some on heat , sound exp and the resistivity?
    Long Q's : Electron , HL option , light , nuclear physics and all of modern physics is well?
    Doppler effect?

btw .. how would you describe how Doppler effect occurs? I've been looking for an answer but I don't find anything good ..
    " Explain with the aid of diagrams, how this phenomenon occurs" ? da fuq.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

soniacore wrote: »
    HL physics anyone?

All I know is
    exp : Joules law , some on heat , sound exp and the resistivity?
    Long Q's : Electron , HL option , light , nuclear physics and all of modern physics is well?
    Doppler effect?

btw .. how would you describe how Doppler effect occurs? I've been looking for an answer but I don't find anything good ..
    " Explain with the aid of diagrams, how this phenomenon occurs" ? da fuq.

The Doppler Effect occurs when either the source or the observer moves. (for drawings/explanations you can say that and then just do it with the source moving, it's simpler)

The source is moving, so it emits waves at a constant frequency but in the direction it is moving the waves will bunch up, so they appear to be closer together. The wavelength seems shorter and thus the frequency seems higher. From the other side, the waves appear to be more spread out, so the wavelength seems longer and thus the frequency seems higher.

If you have a diagram almost your whole answer can be based off it because it makes tons more sense as a picture - if you have Real World Physics there's a really good diagram on page 186, or I found one on Google Images that's pretty much the same:

img176.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study2012

Achiever wrote: »
    If I covered Ratios, incomplete, published and cash flow for section 2 I'm sure I would be fine :D Also I think Suspense will come up in section 2 but I really despise that question so that's a no go :P Need an A1 hopefully the paper is a nice one :O

ill remember you on the day if service firms with ratios and suspense comes up
    ya i guess u should be grand ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bonnielee

okay i know its basically impossible to predict for spanish but has any one any ideas for the opinion piece this year?, have missed most of the school year and any little last minute help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nq12

maybe feminism?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

bobjimmy wrote: »
    What do you mean no purchases given? Was this in the past papers

I think its the 2002 cash budget its "O'Toole" not full sure but they say that "purchases should be enough to cover the following months sales" and in the next note it says something like "gross profit is 25% of sales" basically to find purchases you just get for say june you get 75% of july's sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 soniacore

The Doppler Effect occurs when either the source or the observer moves. (for drawings/explanations you can say that and then just do it with the source moving, it's simpler)

The source is moving, so it emits waves at a constant frequency but in the direction it is moving the waves will bunch up, so they appear to be closer together. The wavelength seems shorter and thus the frequency seems higher. From the other side, the waves appear to be more spread out, so the wavelength seems longer and thus the frequency seems higher.

If you have a diagram almost your whole answer can be based off it because it makes tons more sense as a picture - if you have Real World Physics there's a really good diagram on page 186, or I found one on Google Images that's pretty much the same:

img176.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Simpler than I thought! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Achiever

study2012 wrote: »
    Achiever wrote: »

ill remember you on the day if service firms with ratios and suspense comes up
    ya i guess i should be grand ;):p

Service firm could be attempted and I might achieve some marks but we didn't do it so I don't have a choice :P ah well we are guaranteed 3 questions so we will be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dreamer92

any tips for ag science?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ellie66

Economics OL predictions anyone ? (:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ele1992

dreamer92 wrote: »
    ag science???

Learn the soil, plant and microbiology experiments and should nearly be covered for the experiments because in the experiment question every year a soil and plant one have come up out of the four except i think one so i hope it'll be the same next year and a soil one comes up in the soil question!
    Also dairy up every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shannen94

bonnielee wrote: »
    okay i know its basically impossible to predict for spanish but has any one any ideas for the opinion piece this year?, have missed most of the school year and any little last minute help would be much appreciated!

My teacher was saying something about sport could come up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dreamer92

any tips for the roscommon minors?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Any hints for tech (if that's possible) or any links to decent sites to get notes off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

dreamer92 wrote: »
    any tips for the roscommon minors?

all ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

Hi, here's my tips for what could come up in 2moro's Economics exam :)
    Hope u find them helpful...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loststudent

Roscommon minors are at nothing lad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Roscommon minors are at nothing lad

didnt get to semi last year with same squad minus 4 or 5. or win the league without dropping a point. at nothing......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

didnt get to semi last year with same squad minus 4 or 5. or win the league without dropping a point. at nothing......

Sure league at that stage is nothin boys.. tellin ye keep an eye on kildare, they'll beat the dubs out the gate in 2 weeks;)

Advertisement