Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Options
  • 21-11-2011 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

So, I wonder if anyone else is wondering what will be due up for us in our Leaving cert and so I thought it'd be good to have a thread to start nudge people in the right direction to study...

Its never to early to start preparing for the exams! :L And to all those who say predictions are wrong and you cannot guarantee on them... I thnk that people shouldn't base all there study on the predictions but just so they know that they may be likely to know at least some topics really well if they do come up....

So Here we Gooooooo....

In accounting, I think that these topics are due up.

Q1) Final accounts (not sure what type, we dont do them in our school)
    Q2/3/4 ) Published/CashFlow/Depreciation
    Q5/6/7 ) Ratios/Suspense/Farm
    Q8) Costing ( we dont do that in our school)
    Q9) Cash Budget (where purchases aren't given and you have to find them by using the formula as my teacher says : Opening stock + purchases - closing stock = C.O.G.S)

My teacher is going to this accounting man in Dublin this week who is known to predict papers down to a t so I'll update on that later..

Any other predictions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Imperfect competition for Economics..hopefully :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wemsie

I'm hoping for Imperfect Competition for Economics too, though most are predicting Perfect Competition :/
    As for English, I think Heaney and Plath are a given?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

In Geography theres something on SW USA, I think it was development of infrastructure? It came up last year for Europe and the year before that for Irish so my teacher said to zone in on it.

In Irish for the Aiste at HL my teacher said the new president and 2012 olympics might come up too.

My English teacher said never to predict for it but I am hearing Plath and Heaney a lot. Fingers crossed, Plath is excellent and Heaney is easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ya? Here's Hoping for plath!!! She's the est of them so far! Also, I heard that Kinsella should be up (not being on the course for 10 or more years)

Anyone else pretty certain on Lit Genre and Vision Viewpoint for Comparitives ya? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

If Plath doesn't come up in english I'll just walk away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Reprazent

ChemHickey wrote: »
    So, I wonder if anyone else is wondering what will be due up for us in our Leaving cert and so I thought it'd be good to have a thread to start nudge people in the right direction to study...

Its never to early to start preparing for the exams! :L And to all those who say predictions are wrong and you cannot guarantee on them... I thnk that people shouldn't base all there study on the predictions but just so they know that they may be likely to know at least some topics really well if they do come up....

So Here we Gooooooo....

In accounting, I think that these topics are due up.

Q1) Final accounts (not sure what type, we dont do them in our school)
    Q2/3/4 ) Published/CashFlow/Depreciation
    Q5/6/7 ) Ratios/Suspense/Farm
    Q8) Costing ( we dont do that in our school)
    Q9) Cash Budget (where purchases aren't given and you have to find them by using the formula as my teacher says : Opening stock + purchases - closing stock = C.O.G.S)

My teacher is going to this accounting man in Dublin this week who is known to predict papers down to a t so I'll update on that later..

Any other predictions welcome!

Shame you don't do them, I found them hard at first but easier to learn them then like what 14 other topics in question 2,3 and 4?

On a relevant note Q1 HAS TO BE company accounts, worst case scenario its a sole trader. They threw on a company /w manufacturing for the last two years which wreaked a lot of students, they could not be that cruel and throw it on 3 years in a row surely to god?

Then again I was told they are trying to take predictability out of the papers. Regardless, If I hear of anything coming up ill post here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

ConTheCat wrote: »
    If Plath doesn't come up in english I'll just walk away :D
    I hate plaths poetry!

^ You're crazy! :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    ^ You're crazy! :P
    It's too unconventional, maybe it's the way our teacher explains it ha

My teacher hasnt done her with us yet but I got one of my friends to teach me it, its pretty easy to talk about I think, pretty interesting because of how crazy she was (in a good way) and I cant imagine a huge variety of questions - they'd all be on the sad aspects of her poems or something since...they're not happy. :P

Anyone have any predictions for History/Business/Geography?

• Advertisement

My teacher hasnt done her with us yet but I got one of my friends to teach me it, its pretty easy to talk about I think, pretty interesting because of how crazy she was (in a good way) and I cant imagine a huge variety of questions - they'd all be on the sad aspects of her poems or something since...they're not happy. :P

Anyone have any predictions for History/Business/Geography?
    Geography I'd say Paris basin

any idea what kind of question? :)

any idea what kind of question? :)
    Hmmm not sure, but out teacher says that the 11' paper was a bit easy so 12' may be a bit harder :/

Oh, I thought it was a little tricky with the whole thing of "Discuss the benefits of volcanoes" bit of a waffle question tbh. I'll make sure to learn the Paris Basin extra well then :p Thanks for the tip :)

Oh, I thought it was a little tricky with the whole thing of "Discuss the benefits of volcanoes" bit of a waffle question tbh. I'll make sure to learn the Paris Basin extra well then :p Thanks for the tip :)
    did you do the field work yet?

Yep, we wrote it up as soon as we did it so we wouldnt forget it and we'll be going back over it soon to make sure we get full marks :p

Yep, we wrote it up as soon as we did it so we wouldnt forget it and we'll be going back over it soon to make sure we get full marks :p
    We did it in Wicklow - under the worst rain I have EVER seen, Irish weather included ha! not finished writing it up yet though

We did it in Swords, was pretty mucky but oh well! :P

Oh and just so everyone knows (and to keep on topic :o) the maths exam papers are out (finally) so if anyone wants to try and make any predictions... :P

We did it in Swords, was pretty mucky but oh well! :P

Oh and just so everyone knows (and to keep on topic :o) the maths exam papers are out (finally) so if anyone wants to try and make any predictions... :P
    maths? Zzzzzz......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Too throw in some other subjects...

Chemistry : Probably Q1 Titration on either Ammonium IronIIISulfate one ( i think) or maybe a water of crystallisation (hopefully!)

Q3 Rates of reaction graph where you need to get 1/t

Music: Hopefully BoRhap for Q1 and probably Barry for the insert correct notes (prob section 1)... probably a minor key and anacrusis for melodies...

Other suggestions?? :L

• Advertisement

Chemistry : Probably Q1 Titration on either Ammonium IronIIISulfate one ( i think) or maybe a water of crystallisation (hopefully!)

Music: Hopefully BoRhap for Q1 and probably Barry for the insert correct notes (prob section 1)... probably a minor key and anacrusis for melodies...

Music shouldn't be too much of a bother then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Those are the exact 2 that my teacher is predicting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Any idea what organic mechanism might come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

heres what i have so far:
    English: Plath, kinsella, heaney and maaaybe larkin

Hamlet: people are saying is he a hero or villain, mainly because its always been a mock!
    and yeah, GvvP and Lit Gen!

irish:what i need to know is the Prós and Filiocht D;
    but yeah, 2012 olympics methinks!

french: also olympics, possibly sport in general.

geography: whats guarenteed is apparently Rocks/rock cycle etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Any idea what organic mechanism might come up?

Can't remember what it's actually called, but my teacher reckons it'll be the one that isn't the mechanism with the free radical and all that. I can't remember what that one's called, either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

leaveiton wrote: »
    Can't remember what it's actually called, but my teacher reckons it'll be the one that isn't the mechanism with the free radical and all that. I can't remember what that one's called, either :p

Fúck, the free radical one is the only one I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Accounting
    Q1 Company
    Q2 Revaluation
    Q3 Suspense
    Q4 Service
    Q5 Ratios
    Q6 Cash Flow
    Q7 Incomplete (Forward)
    Q8 Job Costing and Flexible mixed
    Q9 Cash Budgeting (pro-forma) or the 09 method

Saying that:p LEARN THE WHOLE COURSE:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

As someone who did HL English last year I'm going to predict a very tough paper this year. Ours was very easy last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

Reprazent wrote: »

On a relevant note Q1 HAS TO BE company accounts, worst case scenario its a sole trader. They threw on a company /w manufacturing for the last two years which wreaked a lot of students, they could not be that cruel and throw it on 3 years in a row surely to god?

Then again I was told they are trying to take predictability out of the papers. Regardless, If I hear of anything coming up ill post here :)

just gonna say i'm repeating this year and i did accounting and DO NOT think it has to be Company Accounts this year, i made that mistake last year, theres 4 possible questions : Company, Manufacturing, Sole Trader and Departmental Study them all cos trust me you don't wanna be in the situation i was in last June!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

for English:
    i wouldn't bank on Lit Gen and V&V coming up, they could think people will expect them to be on it and throw theme/issue on to be honest, having said that if you know 2 of the modes you're sorted anyway :)

Poetry: Boland could pop up again this year cos she won't be on for the next 2 years, also Seamus Heaney, Plath, Kinsella

Advertisement