Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

No mate, what makes you think that??
    Sorry, I misread. All is good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

campo wrote: »
    ah another shame been a tough year for the draft this year and I can see where you are coming from TSC and fair play for standing aside in the manner you did to give horsebox a chance.

I agree its been a tough year thus far and perhaps it seems people are taking it more serious this year although I think people mostly enjoy participating so much they are anxious to make sure they have as much of a level playing field as possible. We will learn from this year, not repeat the same mistakes and the rules next year will have less argueable points also as a result. As the old saying goes though the show will go on despite another big loss in TSC who imo was one of the real standouts last year especially as a newcomer to the draft at that point, his write ups will be missed. He did however ask that the thread not be consumed by talk of himself though and as he has graciously allowed Horsebox to replace him I obviously wont ask him to reconsider and will instead welcome Mr Box to this years competition. I do hope TSC takes part in future years though if possible.

The poll is up now also, so the draftee's will decide the rule on announcers. Also updated the picks list in the other threads OP though once a more up to date list is posted here it will again be updaed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Sorry to hear TSC has exited the game, as i said in my roster review earlier in the week i very much expected him to be a favourite to win.

Anyway welcome to the 2 new lads! Still plenty of great picks left:)

Also awesome write up Garseys!Really enjoyable read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

ok i need to trade luger as i just cant book him with talent all offers considered

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i have the original pythons :)

AJ Styles
    Mr Perfect
    The Road Warriors
    Arn Anderson
    Tully Blanchard
    The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark)
    Masahiro Chono
    Bob Sapp
    "Magnum TA" Terry Allen
    "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
    "Superstar" Billy Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Gotta say, everyone's roster's are shaping up great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

pick made

surprised he was available tbh

kevin steen

Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Chris Benoit,
    The Undertaker,
    Tigermask,
    Jerry "The King" Lawler,
    Ken Shamrock,
    Lex Luger
    and Takeshi Morishima
    and Kensuke Sasaki
    kevin steen

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can't believe I'm getting this pick tbh

BTW, Round 10 is a stip round :)

Will this go up today please not many left to pick in R9 ;)

I''ll repost an updated picks list and everyone have a look at your roster to please see if all is correct

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will this go up today please not many left to pick in R9 ;)

I''ll repost an updated picks list and everyone have a look at your roster to please see if all is correct

Indeed it will :)

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ax & Smash aka Demolition, Sgt. Slaughter, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Buddy "Jack" Roberts & Michael Hayes, Scott Steiner

2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase Snr, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Vince McMahon, Iron Sheik, Super Crazy & Psicosis, Junkyard Dog

3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena, Yokozuna, Jeff Hardy, Vader, Dean Malenko, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, Diamond Dallas Page, Jack Evans & Roderick Strong, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino

4. Teamshadowclan/Horsebox9000 __ Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Carlito, Santino, Bobby Lashley, Scott Hall, X Pac, BWO aka Stevie Richards & Blue Meanie, Gail Kim

5. CMpunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting, Big Show, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Frankie Kazarian & Eric Young

6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H, Kenta Kobashii & Johnny Ace, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jeff Jarrett, Muhammad Hussan, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Mil Máscaras

7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan, R-Truth & Road Dogg Jesse James, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty aka 2 Cool, Shane McMahon, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn, Bruno Sammartino

8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr Perfect, The Road Warriors, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Masahiro Chono, Bob Sapp, "Magnum TA" Terry Allen & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, "Superstar" Billy Graham

9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, Edge, The Kings of Wrestling aka Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, La Resistance aka Sylvain et René, Michael Cole

10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vampiro & The Great Muta, Sin Cara & El Hijo Del Santo, Low Ki & Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana & El Generico, Chavo Guerrero Jnr, The Great Sasuke, El Santo & Gory Guerrero, Stan Hansen

11. Campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Dan " Waylon Mercy " Spivey, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, JBL, Abyss, Harlem Heat aka Ahmed Johnson & Stevie Ray, Booker T, Mr.Wonderfull Paul Orndoff & Roddy Piper

12. The Groutch _____ Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley, Austin Aries, The Hurricane & Rosey, The Osirian Portal aka Amasis and Ophidian, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Kai En Tai aka Sho Funaki & Taka Michinoku, Giant Haystacks

13. Liz (tbc.......) ___ Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman, Christian, London Brawling aka Desmond Wolfe & Magnus, MNM aka John Morrison & Joey Mercury, James Storm, Michael McGuillicutty & David Otunga, Divas of Doom aka Beth Phoenix and Natalya

14. D2D____________ Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Max & Jeremy Buck, Jack Swagger, Age of the Fall aka Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Hardy & MVP, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

15. Furious-Red______ Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock, The Dudley Boyz, Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Tajiri & Rhyno, Brodus Clay, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love & Velvet Sky, Douglas Williams

16. MNG____________ Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior, Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane aka The Midnight Express, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson aka The Rock' n' Roll Express, Jim Cornette, Trish Stratus, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens

17. Glenjamin________ Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody, Dynamite Kid, Fergal Devitt, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd, Hardcore Holly, Barry Windham, Umaga, Jesse Ventura, Dusty Rhodes

18. Volt_____________ Ken Anderson, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Sabu and Tazz, William Regal & Lance Storm,Eric Bischoff, 'Psycho' Sid Eudy, Ultimo Dragon, Terry Funk

19. Flah/Caspa307 _____________ Kenta, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Tiger Mask, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ken Shamrock, Lex Luger, Takeshi Morishima & Kensuke Sasaki, Naomichi Marufuji, Kevin Steen

20. Spongey_________ Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kane, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Bob Backlund, Finlay, Stephanie McMahon, Ron Simmons

• Advertisement

Draw is up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

another bad draw, I must have the highest average draw number by now

Draw is up :)

Is a celeb compulsory for that round?

No, not compulsory. This is the 1 chance you can get a celebrity in the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

12th?! That's a travesty! :rolleyes:

For the first time since this began I've an actual list of 6 people I want to draft over the next 6 rounds... its a bit of a nerve racking experience waiting for people to choose, hoping that they stay clear of your choices...

No ... same as the pre 70's round ... you can draft a wrestler as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

No, not compulsory. This is the 1 chance you can get a celebrity in the game though.

don't think there will be many celebs left come number 16, so I'll probably just do a normal pick

6th eh? cant complain about that though im still not 100% sure if I want a celeb this year, though obviously if I want a return of BH the character id need to draft one in particular but I think im going to write him out of the BWA anyway.

Not everyone wants a celeb though and if you look at previous years a celeb can be got even with a late number who could make an awesome GM or manager at the very least in this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

19th, ugh although this is the one stip round i dont mind the low draw as i usually dont draft one (no celebs in my plans this year).

Out of curiousity ... do bands count as a single pick? For example if I wanted to pick ... Salt N Pepa (if any of you kids know who that is) ... could I only get one of them, or could I get all three?

Out of curiousity ... do bands count as a single pick? For example if I wanted to pick ... Salt N Pepa (if any of you kids know who that is) ... could I only get one of them, or could I get all three?

Kiss were drafted previously but I think in such a situation because you arent normally allowed draft more than a single or tag team and the stip does not mention that in this round then they should be limited to performing as a band and not individually get involved in angles. There is a high profile group who recently appeared on Raw for example that might be a bit much if someone could draft them all in one go and have them all involved in different angles (Comedic ones in this case) in my opinion.

This is a gray area in the draft but as I think MNG (at best only paraphrasing here) used to say, this is primarily a PW Draft and the celebs should add to not overshadow the wrestlers. But obviously if others disagree, speak up

• Advertisement

So 2 picks ahead of me and my 2nd choice pick is still available so Walt and Garseys please be nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

So 2 picks ahead of me and my 2nd choice pick is still available so Walt and Garseys please be nice ;)

I'll try Liz :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There is a high profile group who recently appeared on Raw for example that might be a bit much if someone could draft them all in one go and have them all involved in different angles (Comedic ones in this case) in my opinion.

Haha, if it's the group I think you mean, it never crossed my mind they could all be taken together but I'd have laughed so hard if anyone tried to take them all...

Haha, if it's the group I think you mean, it never crossed my mind they could all be taken together but I'd have laughed so hard if anyone tried to take them all...

I'd assume you know who I mean and yeah would have been hilarious though coulda really added huge numbers to a roster. Individually though someone could have good craic booking someone from that group. If you were interested (as I assume you will continue to follow the draft anyway) i'd say everyone would be ok with you getting voting priviledges in this at the end of the game.

Am I allowed to trade a single wrestler for a tag team if I already have my 5 teams drafted?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd assume you know who I mean and yeah would have been hilarious though coulda really added huge numbers to a roster. Individually though someone could have good craic booking someone from that group. If you were interested (as I assume you will continue to follow the draft anyway) i'd say everyone would be ok with you getting voting priviledges in this at the end of the game.

Can I vote Horsebox number one? :P

Am I allowed to trade a single wrestler for a tag team if I already have my 5 teams drafted?

Sorry but no, 5 teams is the max per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Does the celebrity have to have appeared on a wrestling event? Would be more fun if we could pick any old celebrity. :D

Does the celebrity have to have appeared on a wrestling event? Would be more fun if we could pick any old celebrity. :D

Yeah, the celebrity must have appeared at a wrestling event to be allowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Kiss were drafted previously but I think in such a situation because you arent normally allowed draft more than a single or tag team and the stip does not mention that in this round then they should be limited to performing as a band and not individually get involved in angles. There is a high profile group who recently appeared on Raw for example that might be a bit much if someone could draft them all in one go and have them all involved in different angles (Comedic ones in this case) in my opinion.

This is a gray area in the draft but as I think MNG (at best only paraphrasing here) used to say, this is primarily a PW Draft and the celebs should add to not overshadow the wrestlers. But obviously if others disagree, speak up

Once they all appear in one match only then I don't see the problem with it. To be honest I doubt anyone would want that group involved in more than one angle or match in their show. They would probably lose votes if something like that dominated their event, so I dont think its something that needs to be put in the rulebook.

Advertisement